Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]  (Read 77798 times)

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]
« Reply #780 on: July 30, 2019, 01:11:23 am »
Hi all!

I'd like to start with an apology to anyone who thought I was refereeing in a bias manner or not enforcing the rules to the best of my abilities - I sincerely consider myself one of the least bias people possible to referee in leagues like NANWL. I have never knowingly acted in a bias manner with ill intention. To the 6teSLR members and others who are frustrated with my decisions I made during the match, I ask you to read this with an open mind and consider the perspective of the referee.

Let's start with the second round of the match. The LG had cut off an officer AND a ranker from the 6te line. These two members must attempt to rejoin their line, whilst avoiding the LG line. However, the LG clearly blocked their path back to their line, at which point they stopped making a real attempt at getting back to their line and in my eyes became rambos. It is at this point where I made my first mistake in this round by not slaying the two 6te members who were cut off from the rest of their line. In an ideal world I would have recognized they could not return to their line and slain them, but I digress. In my opinion as a referee, the act of ramboing is what breaks the LG line as they attempt to kill the rambos. It is while these two members, one of them being an officer, are ramboing that the 6te begin shooting at the broken LG line. I recognize this by putting a message in purple admin chat, saying that the 6te may NOT shoot while their members are ramboing away from their line. I then state (while nobody has shot since my first message) that both lines are in melee when the officer (Irish) draws his sword and begins attacking the LG members who are chasing him. Once the rambos have been killed the 6te begins firing once more, believing that since they are no longer in melee they can shoot, per the rules allowing. However, it is at this point I made a judgement call and said that the 6te should not be allowed to shoot the LG line because they are still recovering from the effect of two rambos breaking their line, directly leading to me slaying a member of the 6te and stating "FoC" in purple text. I then state again "6te stop shooting". A moment after I restate 6te stop shooting, I slay Nr8 Batista for firing at the 6te and not being in line. Then, as the two lines meet I am able to find 6te Rune in the slay list and slay him for shooting and killing after I had told the 6te to stop shooting, and the round continues and ends as a normal round. The result of my judgement call: I slayed two 6te members, and one slay on an LG member for unrelated FoC.

This leads directly to the controversy in the fourth round which was very similar, with a few key differences. Only an officer was cut off (Rafael) and the entire LG line breaks to follow him. It is at this point where I state that if Rafael is not attempting to rejoin his line he is ramboing, as was the case with the earlier round. Rafael quickly turns to fight, and I make a mistake in not slaying the ramboing officer instantly as he turns and fights. Another key difference in the fifth round is that after Rafael is killed, the LG has a full ten seconds to recover from the effects of the ramboing and are no longer broken. Their line reforms and I type in admin chat confirming that the 6te may shoot at the LG line, since it is no longer broken from a rambo.

Thus is the key difference between rounds two and four. In round two, the LG line had not recovered from illegal rambos, and thus I ruled that the 6te may not shoot them. In round five, the LG line had been given time to reform from an illegal rambo and it was fair game. The hesitation for slays on my part comes from the rambos being officers (with the exception of the ranker in round two).

The final controversy which has been brought to my attention is the use of all chat and non-equal enforcement. This one is pretty easy, as just watching through the videos you can see whether or not members used it and were slain. I have a few comments about the enforcement of all chat as a whole. Midnight from the 6teSLR requested to me that all chat be banned for non-officers, and Midnight being an officer in the 6te I take that as legitimate. I announce the use of no all chat at the start of the round right after Midnight requested it, and slay Vetro right off for intentionally typing in all chat in direct violation of the request. The next person to type in all chat is Wastee, who types "a" which per the rules is excusable and he is an officer of his regiment. It is at this point that I will say as a referee it has always been my stance that messages typed after the end of a round or messages that were clearly meant to be typed before the start of the next round are not in violation of the no all chat rule, and YES, I understand that is a controversial stance in of itself, but it has been consistent with my refereeing for all 1v1s, league or not, that I have refereed.  The next person to speak is from the 6te saying "specs come in" so I do not slay despite it being in all chat. At the start of the eighth round, when the LG won it's 6th overall round, a number of people said "gg" but a few people said things that were not okay. I missed Nr8 ReyMysterio (Yoshie) because Yoshie is an officer, however Pedro joining in and typing was in blatant violation of a number of rules, directly leading to him being temp-banned on his repeated offense. A few 6te members then complained about the all chat ban, which I did not slay for because it was legitimate. I missed a slay on Nr8 Zappy in the melee for saying "wheelchair boi" and also missed the slay on 6te Spartan for saying "yo where the team at" as they happened in melee and I did not see the messages in time to slay. Multiple 6te members asked for Pedro to be slain for typing in white chat, despite him not being allowed to play at all (which he did not play in any rounds outside of spawning, typing, and going back to spec) and it is at the start of this round where I temp-banned Pedro. When it comes to the end of this round, multiple LG members and the final remaining 6te member type in all chat, which I excuse as it is the last person, however I could've slain two members of the LG and Spartan had the strictest ruling been enforced. As peoples messages start flooding into the start of the next round, I put a reminder that all chat is okay AFTER the round but not during. After this reminder, I slay ReyMysterio for intentionally and with ill intention typing in all chat, despite his status as an officer. Nr8 Zappy and Nr8 Fartknocker then type in "63e logic" which I excuse, although I could've slain them for, but in the melee their effect was not out of line with the significant advantage rule.

That brings to a wrap all the complains and issues I have heard tossed around the league, it's much easier to explain in voice and I will be very open and happy to talk to anyone who wants to talk about the match. As of now, I am still convinced that I have done the best I could in the circumstances of the match.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and please reach out of I did not address something.

Reference videos for your own viewing:

Dan the Chef, Xaverian, Maniac (since taken down), and Glenn

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #781 on: July 30, 2019, 01:22:29 am »
We might just have to put it as blunt as possible. Y’all got cut off and we charged into melee. We exploited your mistakes. Our level of melee is far superior and we used it to our advantage. At this point even if we give you those two rounds, we still win. We had plenty of rounds where we exchanged volleys with the 6te. In those rounds we would usually enter down at least 3 players and we still dominated the melee. The 6te’s melee was actually terrible. You guys would split almost instantly and instead of committing to the melee you would sometimes run away and get picked off. There was one round I remember where you stuck together and actually melee’d and you almost won. You guys won the first round pretty decisively too. In the last round when we charged you guys also beat us after getting off a lot of good shots. Just a poor job in the melee on the 6te’s part. We also would send players around the back of your line to disrupt your coordination. A couple of time you guys ended up chasing these players, also resulting in the stragglers getting picked off. It was a fair and square win by the LG. We were just better.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #782 on: July 30, 2019, 01:27:12 am »
We might just have to put it as blunt as possible. Y’all got cut off and we charged into melee. We exploited your mistakes. Our level of melee is far superior and we used it to our advantage. At this point even if we give you those two rounds, we still win. We had plenty of rounds where we exchanged volleys with the 6te. In those rounds we would usually enter down at least 3 players and we still dominated the melee. The 6te’s melee was actually terrible. You guys would split almost instantly and instead of committing to the melee you would sometimes run away and get picked off. There was one round I remember where you stuck together and actually melee’d and you almost won. You guys won the first round pretty decisively too. In the last round when we charged you guys also beat us after getting off a lot of good shots. Just a poor job in the melee on the 6te’s part. We also would send players around the back of your line to disrupt your coordination. A couple of time you guys ended up chasing these players, also resulting in the stragglers getting picked off. It was a fair and square win by the LG. We were just better.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #783 on: July 30, 2019, 01:29:32 am »
what about the no slay / reset on the OA in first round Jakester.

HUH WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT ONE

stop being toxic lg boys

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #784 on: July 30, 2019, 01:31:12 am »
I just wanna say it felt great waking up in the morning as a NWL CHAMPION
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 01:34:03 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #785 on: July 30, 2019, 01:33:08 am »
what about the no slay / reset on the OA in first round Jakester.

HUH WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT ONE

stop being toxic lg boys
No reset requested // officer shot officer, rules are unclear and I decided best course of action was not to take action against that particular OA.

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 30, 2019, 01:33:33 am »
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #787 on: July 30, 2019, 01:37:12 am »
Nr8 Zappy and Nr8 Fartknocker then type in "63e logic" which I excuse, although I could've slain them for

Heil Karth

Also thanks Jakester for breaking it down for us. Great ref and one of the most reputable people in NW.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #788 on: July 30, 2019, 01:39:03 am »
Nr8 Zappy and Nr8 Fartknocker then type in "63e logic" which I excuse, although I could've slain them for

Heil Karth

Also thanks Jakester for breaking it down for us. Terrible ref and one of the most biased people in NW.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline jorgesi101

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th Col Jorge
« Reply #789 on: July 30, 2019, 01:43:57 am »
lol sh*t league

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #790 on: July 30, 2019, 02:04:37 am »
lol sh*t league

I knew there was a reason Lawbringer asked to reform the 58e!

It's happening boys!

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #791 on: July 30, 2019, 02:11:22 am »
lol sh*t league
At least it didn’t last 6 months <3

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #792 on: July 30, 2019, 03:02:20 am »

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #793 on: July 30, 2019, 03:24:03 am »
click here to join the 84th

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #794 on: July 30, 2019, 04:30:28 am »
lol sh*t league

Jorge can we talk about the fact that you blatantly took money from WPC, and lied to our faces about your prize pool? First of all RussianFury has confirmed to me that only a few people have been paid and he isn't one of them, along with the fact that you took money out of the prize pool for a 250$ playoffs which never occurred. According to RussianFury again, the original payment was supposed (all 1000$) to be in USD however it was done in CAD unlike your original promise. You also made the league blatantly pay to win allowing teams to just pay to build and stack a better team, a very scummy move IMO (although IDK if u actually got much out of it). The free agency setup was also atrocious, allowing for the stacking of teams and removal of any competitiveness. Many teams simply fell apart because there players could just join a team that could take them on because they wanted too. This resulted in a an ultimate snowball effect where if players could see they weren't winning with a team they could just join a better one resulting in a very top heavy league despite the fact it was done in a draft format.

Edit: Correction: Per RussianFury, we were never confirmed it to be USD but led on to believe so as TNWL was done in USD but this one wasn't, my bad.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 04:36:05 am by Hawkince »