Author Topic: European Infantry Cup - Season 3  (Read 78220 times)

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Side: Neutral
Re: European Infantry Cup - Season 3 - Main Thread - Semi Final
« Reply #615 on: August 01, 2019, 02:44:34 am »
Guys, it's just fucking games stop bothering you.
I understand that my regiment is salty for losing in the semifinals but the 96y was smarter, they used a cancer tactic (it's true ^^) but it's not forbidden, in addition to that you have to remember that they play on Fr servers and that therefore they have a disadvantage.
 And for those who would rage for this cancer tactic, dont forget that this game is a cancer game where generally the winner is the one who best applies these cancer tactics (duel, gf or LB)
So gg at 96y and good luck for the final

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #616 on: August 01, 2019, 02:48:38 am »
There is no denying that the 96y is the only regiment in the EIC playing that way and I have been a referee in enough of their matches to know they use these tactics of delaying the melee / running away to such an extent, only when they have to secure the win. Due to them playing that way, most regiments which simply cannot outrun them with a superior melee stack and team play or a superior shooting, are forced to engage in similar 'tactics' to stand a chance. The 2eFusGre was fully aware of it before coming in the semi-final match and we simply failed at adapting successfully. We won some rounds but eventually, it wasn't enough as the 96y are used to doing it way more than us and anything we could come up with, prepared or thought on the spot, was simply not enough to counter that.

As for the camp. The 2eFusGre came to the 96y in the first two rounds and engaged the combat on the 96y's side of the map, while the 96y had the advantage of the hill and stayed on there. Then, as we understood the 96y wouldn't come to us and wouldn't leave their hill even if we made the effort to approach them, we camped the remaining three rounds of that half at our spawn, to force the 96y in a fight at the middle of that map. During these three rounds, we attempted each time a single volley from across the map while the 96y line was moving from their spawn to the hill on their side and got very poor results from it (nothing more than a few hits in all three attempts). Needless to say that as soon as the 96y got the chance, they headed back to their hill after being forced to fight in the middle, as per allowed by the rules. On the second half, we simply came to the 96y side in each of the remaining five rounds in a desperate attempt at engaging a proper melee. From memory, not once did the 96y came to meet us, they simply waited for us at their spawn until they were forced to engage in close/mid-range manoeuvering by us getting closer.

As for the server, we were not responsible for the EIC servers being down and to be honest, even if we had been playing on an EIC server, the 96y would have been at a disadvantage ping wise anyways, like they have been for the rest of the competition. By accepting to play in a league hosted by western Europeans, with mostly western European regiments partaking in it, regiments like the 96y know they won't get to play in the fairest condition, so bringing this now as an attempt to help your case won't do it for me. Dams offered the IVe Corps as a back-up solution on that night, as he was an admin on it, and both regiments agreed to it. The 96y could have refused it and ask for another server to be found with more equal pings, but they were also aware of the possible complications/delays it could have created. That doesn't take anything away from the fact that the 96y won that match with most of their players around 70/80 pings while the 2eFusGre players had around 20/25.

On the other side, it's also fair to mention that on several occasions, the 2eFusGre could have been warned for not observing the gaps rules and this while moving out, and a couple of FoL could have been slain and were not. Both regiments did some minor rule breaks, as it is the case in most LBs, but the 2eFusGre was the one which benefited the most from Dam's flexible referring, undoubtedly. It's also true that while both regiments used a handful of new additions in the knockout stage, the 2eFusGre reinforcement seemed way more powerful with Drake, Tiberias, Bessières and myself. So I can get behind people saying that the 2eFusGre benefited from this addition rule way more than the 96y did.

For these reasons, I am not mad at the 96y for winning that match and I wish them good luck in their grand-final. I know for a fact that unless GI chokes another final, the 15thYR won't need to adapt to the 96y playstyle to beat them simply because they are a better regiment in every sense of the term and I hope this will reflect in their confrontation. I just want our beloved CIS friends to understand that while their uncharacteristic playstyle got them so far, it makes every match where they are facing a tough opposition extremely boring and unpleasant. If you do take pleasure from winning by playing that way, then lucky you.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:51:01 am by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #617 on: August 01, 2019, 03:18:56 am »
omg

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #618 on: August 01, 2019, 03:20:27 am »
Ppl keep calling me s-key while they're the guys running away or choosing to cancer me first option on various tournaments, even ppl I've 7-0ed  ;)
What an achievement, to 7-0 85 ping player on your own server with 8 ping, still being passive as fuck. I am glad, that its so important for u :)
What can you expect

Spoiler
On a serious note, I expect no less from the 96y they no their weakness they are not going to win a straight melee confrontation even with advantage of 1-3 men. So the play it smart, they run away they hide. They camp until the opponent moves close to get more shots off. To gain an advantage. All I can say is fair play. They are a CIS regiment with high pings they can't beat even average regiments in melee they need every advantage they can get. It's cancer to play against them and down right boring. BUT a truly superior regiment will beat them (15thYR). I'm sorry about what happened to the 2e, I was meant to play for you guys but was not allowed by Price thanks to the EIC rules (lol). But even so it was a close match and if the 2e held their ground a little longer and camped and played the melee perfectly they would have won. Gratz to 96y for 2nd place.  ;D
[close]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 03:28:21 am by Golden. »

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #619 on: August 01, 2019, 03:20:40 am »
thanks, its almost like i was there

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #620 on: August 01, 2019, 03:27:34 am »
omg

back at it baby  8)

your personal tl;dr: 96y deserve their win but playing against them is not fun and I trust the 15thYR to show them what a real 1v1 means.

thanks, its almost like i was there

If you were bored while reading this, imagine what it was to play it.  :-X
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 01, 2019, 03:28:43 am »
Ppl keep calling me s-key while they're the guys running away or choosing to cancer me first option on various tournaments, even ppl I've 7-0ed  ;)
What an achievement, to 7-0 85 ping player on your own server with 8 ping, still being passive as fuck. I am glad, that its so important for u :)
What can you expect

Spoiler
On a serious note, I expect no less from the 96y they no their weakness they are not going to win a straight melee confrontation even with advantage of 1-3 men. So the play it smart, they run away they hide. They camp until the opponent moves close to get more shots off. To gain an advantage. All I can say is fair play. They are a CIS regiment with high pings they can't beat even average regiments in melee they need every advantage they can get. It's cancer to play against them and down right boring. BUT a truly superior regiment will beat them (15thYR). I'm sorry about what happened to the 2e, I was meant to play for you guys but was not allowed by Price thanks to the EIC rules (lol). But even so it was a close match and if the 2e held their ground a little longer and camped and played the melee perfectly they would have won. Gratz to 96y for 2nd place.  ;D
[close]
edit

Online Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #622 on: August 01, 2019, 03:32:43 am »
There is no denying that the 96y is the only regiment in the EIC playing that way and I have been a referee in enough of their matches to know they use these tactics of delaying the melee / running away to such an extent, only when they have to secure the win. Due to them playing that way, most regiments which simply cannot outrun them with a superior melee stack and team play or a superior shooting, are forced to engage in similar 'tactics' to stand a chance. The 2eFusGre was fully aware of it before coming in the semi-final match and we simply failed at adapting successfully. We won some rounds but eventually, it wasn't enough as the 96y are used to doing it way more than us and anything we could come up with, prepared or thought on the spot, was simply not enough to counter that.

As for the camp. The 2eFusGre came to the 96y in the first two rounds and engaged the combat on the 96y's side of the map, while the 96y had the advantage of the hill and stayed on there. Then, as we understood the 96y wouldn't come to us and wouldn't leave their hill even if we made the effort to approach them, we camped the remaining three rounds of that half at our spawn, to force the 96y in a fight at the middle of that map. During these three rounds, we attempted each time a single volley from across the map while the 96y line was moving from their spawn to the hill on their side and got very poor results from it (nothing more than a few hits in all three attempts). Needless to say that as soon as the 96y got the chance, they headed back to their hill after being forced to fight in the middle, as per allowed by the rules. On the second half, we simply came to the 96y side in each of the remaining five rounds in a desperate attempt at engaging a proper melee. From memory, not once did the 96y came to meet us, they simply waited for us at their spawn until they were forced to engage in close/mid-range manoeuvering by us getting closer.

As for the server, we were not responsible for the EIC servers being down and to be honest, even if we had been playing on an EIC server, the 96y would have been at a disadvantage ping wise anyways, like they have been for the rest of the competition. By accepting to play in a league hosted by western Europeans, with mostly western European regiments partaking in it, regiments like the 96y know they won't get to play in the fairest condition, so bringing this now as an attempt to help your case won't do it for me. Dams offered the IVe Corps as a back-up solution on that night, as he was an admin on it, and both regiments agreed to it. The 96y could have refused it and ask for another server to be found with more equal pings, but they were also aware of the possible complications/delays it could have created. That doesn't take anything away from the fact that the 96y won that match with most of their players around 70/80 pings while the 2eFusGre players had around 20/25.

On the other side, it's also fair to mention that on several occasions, the 2eFusGre could have been warned for not observing the gaps rules and this while moving out, and a couple of FoL could have been slain and were not. Both regiments did some minor rule breaks, as it is the case in most LBs, but the 2eFusGre was the one which benefited the most from Dam's flexible referring, undoubtedly. It's also true that while both regiments used a handful of new additions in the knockout stage, the 2eFusGre reinforcement seemed way more powerful with Drake, Tiberias, Bessières and myself. So I can get behind people saying that the 2eFusGre benefited from this addition rule way more than the 96y did.

For these reasons, I am not mad at the 96y for winning that match and I wish them good luck in their grand-final. I know for a fact that unless GI chokes another final, the 15thYR won't need to adapt to the 96y playstyle to beat them simply because they are a better regiment in every sense of the term and I hope this will reflect in their confrontation. I just want our beloved CIS friends to understand that while their uncharacteristic playstyle got them so far, it makes every match where they are facing a tough opposition extremely boring and unpleasant. If you do take pleasure from winning by playing that way, then lucky you.
You can upload a video and see who started the first to use this tactic in melee

Offline Plushka

• Major
  • I love ce4b
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RUS_plushka
« Reply #623 on: August 01, 2019, 03:34:47 am »
Thank to everybody, now we have additional motivation to win 15thYR!!!!!!!!
Я выйграл eic а фолька нет!
Фолька pider !

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 01, 2019, 03:36:01 am »

You can upload a video and see who started the first to use this tactic in melee
You played to win, don't argue over formalities. Even you know how stupid you play. I  lead a 1v1 vs you recently and every melee your entire regiment ran away to try and split our line up and gain 2v1s. Even running to the edge of the map. It's pathetic but it works. Fair play. But just try and beat 15thYR with that tactic they survived the one hour round after all, they have patience.

Online Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 01, 2019, 03:39:57 am »
What can you expect

Spoiler
[close]
edit
"They are a CIS regiment with high pings they can't beat even average regiments in melee they need every advantage they can get"
Do u remember RGL match against 15th? 9:15 aren't they like an average regiment?
You have not seen a match to write something. And to believe everything that the players of the losing match wrote is silly.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #626 on: August 01, 2019, 03:42:07 am »
thank you tardet 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 01, 2019, 03:42:24 am »
What can you expect

Spoiler
[close]
edit
"They are a CIS regiment with high pings they can't beat even average regiments in melee they need every advantage they can get"
Do u remember RGL match against 15th? 9:15 aren't they like an average regiment?
You have not seen a match to write something. And to believe everything that the players of the losing match wrote is silly.

I'm speaking from current context. You don't have zork, elessar, marxeil or any exceptional CIS player to help you in melee, your tactic is understandable and admirable no matter how cancer and boring it is.

Online Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 01, 2019, 03:47:43 am »
What can you expect

Spoiler
[close]
edit

I'm speaking from current context. You don't have zork, elessar, marxeil or any exceptional CIS player to help you in melee, your tactic is understandable and admirable no matter how cancer and boring it is.
it's 1vs1, you don’t need to have top players to win because they just might not reach the melee. Enough average staff, good captain and team play. You confuse 1vs1 and gf
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 03:54:18 am by Desant »

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 01, 2019, 03:50:43 am »
What can you expect

Spoiler
[close]
edit

it's 1vs1, you don’t need to have top players to win because they just might not reach the melee. Enough average staff, good captain and team play.you confuse 1vs1 and gf

Exactly and that's why you played the way you did. You could not win in melee. Fair play.