Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - April-June Term  (Read 32291 times)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
Re: NA Community Rep Post - Jan-March Term
« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2019, 09:06:27 pm »
You guys should keep this to a steam chat if you want to keep in line with the whole respectable NA thing. Superior moral ground person, out.

Can't.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2019, 09:28:44 pm »
"I'll be the bigger man here"

Step off Godfried before you're bombarded with harmless, insignificant internet threats bucko. fact

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 05, 2019, 07:00:47 am »
Dope lets have a thread fight instead of figuring out a course of action.

unless you've already done that.

If not. 

Fuck the EU we shall fight for our independance! No longer will be have to enrage ourself with no enemy to release ourself upon! Today is the day we start the war against those uptight EU tallwackers!

Together my brother! To arms! Today is start of a new beginning! A New NW! A New NA!

Spoiler
am I doing the whole meme troll them into submission thing right?
[close]
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2019, 06:56:57 pm »
It was a pretty civil debate for the most part other than Godfreid's one insult there and it was sorted out in less than one page! Good talk.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2019, 10:56:24 pm »
Dope lets have a thread fight instead of figuring out a course of action.

unless you've already done that.

If not. 

Fuck the EU we shall fight for our independance! No longer will be have to enrage ourself with no enemy to release ourself upon! Today is the day we start the war against those uptight EU tallwackers!

Together my brother! To arms! Today is start of a new beginning! A New NW! A New NA!

Spoiler
am I doing the whole meme troll them into submission thing right?
[close]

The course of action I decided on was the thread fight.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2019, 08:15:47 am »
Where our those weekly update. I enjoy reading them

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2019, 01:45:38 pm »
I was told Risk was gay, Windflower can you confirm ?

Spoiler
When is NWL
[close]

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2019, 07:36:12 pm »
MAR 1 - 8

Ongoing #1 - Rise of Public Groupfighting and fall of BoB Groupfighting
Recently since BoB pretty much dissolved it saw the rise in popularity of Public Groupfighting which brings back NA_Groupfighting style administration with little tweaks and pretty cool scripts involving assists, no kd resetting, etc. Dallas Groupfighting seems to be kind of an absent placeholder but it's kind of hard to tell what's going on with that server. For now there is a central groupfighting server which is a good thing and a decent change for the community as it does also have better administration that BoB was somewhat lacking.

Ongoing #2 - NWDL
Currently NWDL is in its third week and things are progressing relatively smoothly with only a few bumps in the road with some minor tweaks here and there. The waiver wire will be at the end of this week after all the matches are completed and the captains will pick from the free agency pool.

Ongoing #3 - More (unique) competitive events
Brought to you by Jolly & Vetro with Fireboy's idea is the randomized 2v2 tournament in which you are paired up with a random partner from the sign ups to compete. Since this is a 2v2 there is a possibility to have a lot of teams so make sure you guys sign up and get your friends to sign up to make this a real tournament.

Brought to you by Dan the Chef is another one of his innovative tournaments, this time being a 5v5 capture the flag "test" tournament which has potential to be fun given there's enough interest/sign ups for it. You can sign up for the tournament here but you'll need a team to sign up with.

There are also a couple of other competitive events in the works but I'm not privy to that information.(;

Ongoing #4 - EU Tournament thing
Also this past week the NA team of the Napoleon's Cup EU tournament was eliminated due to bad sportsmanship long story short. It's not really worth going into and I'm sure most of you know the situation as it's the same shit every year. Pretty shitty to hear but it happens I guess and really you just have to move on because it is their tournaments in the end. There has been talk of hosting a "fair" world cup with multiple servers and all that but that would have to be well orchestrated and ran professionally in order to succeed I believe.

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

|Viper|

« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2019, 07:48:41 pm »
I’m actually happy Windflower is CR.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2019, 02:23:01 am »
same shit every year.
In all seriousness, Team Canada managed to make cross-continent relationships work in NWWC. I A) don't know the situation and B) don't know if this is addressed at the EU's, but it seems like the only times there have been issues with WC style tournaments have been the US boycotts and this, whatever this is

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2019, 04:11:57 am »
same shit every year.
In all seriousness, Team Canada managed to make cross-continent relationships work in NWWC. I A) don't know the situation and B) don't know if this is addressed at the EU's, but it seems like the only times there have been issues with WC style tournaments have been the US boycotts and this, whatever this is
The problem with the WC style tournaments is that they are European tournaments which discriminate against the NA region (which is fair, it's their events), but they are promoted and exhibited as a world cup tournament. This bias almost always will raise issues/questions every year. The solution to this is not to create a biased NA world cup tournament but a fair solution in which all nations can compete without facing bias from the organizers. Canada manages to make it work (for the most part) because we've been willing to participate in these tournaments because they are the only ones in which USA/Canada may represent themselves on a global scale so we not only do not mind the timezones but also don't mind the ping.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2019, 05:43:40 am »
same shit every year.

There honestly wasn't a huge issue until our match vs Netherlands.

The problem arose because the organizers announced that teams would be required to face us 5 rounds EU, 5 rounds NA, but didn't enforce it against Netherlands.

I don't think there would've been any problems if they either just stuck with having us do all 10 rounds on EU, or just actually enforced doing 5 and 5, instead of leaving it up to whatever Captain we were facing and how sportsmanlike they were feeling.

At least then we could prepare for our circumstances instead of being like "Well let's hope our next opponent isn't a sack of shit".

But I honestly don't care anymore, we all know who would've won if we went back to NA after that 2-3 half  ::), I wish them good luck in their journey to 4th place.

MATT123456789

« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2019, 06:06:35 am »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2019, 03:41:17 pm »
same shit every year.

There honestly wasn't a huge issue until our match vs Netherlands.

The problem arose because the organizers announced that teams would be required to face us 5 rounds EU, 5 rounds NA, but didn't enforce it against Netherlands.

I don't think there would've been any problems if they either just stuck with having us do all 10 rounds on EU, or just actually enforced doing 5 and 5, instead of leaving it up to whatever Captain we were facing and how sportsmanlike they were feeling.

At least then we could prepare for our circumstances instead of being like "Well let's hope our next opponent isn't a sack of shit".

But I honestly don't care anymore, we all know who would've won if we went back to NA after that 2-3 half  ::), I wish them good luck in their journey to 4th place.
ah yea if NWWC ever gave that type of false hope I'd be posting so much shit on fse about sportsmanship

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)