Author Topic: NW Community - Where are they now???  (Read 31590 times)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Community - Where are they now???
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2020, 06:20:42 am »
Don't say drake s name or he will make an angry post!!! >:(

Offline Draks

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1st_Prawns_General_Nubb_Rubb
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2020, 11:52:42 am »
Y'all got pranked!

Offline Hess

• Captain
  • 83rdPA, 4eme, 8e, 2ndNYSM
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hess
  • Side: Union
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2020, 06:50:23 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): 2eDLG, HRE Hesse-Kassel and Brunswick, did a bit of NaS, 4eme Marines (Lead), 8e Voltigeurs (Current).
What games do you play now?: I still play Warband, Total War Games, Battlefield 1 and 4, HOI4, Civ V, tbh games are getting boring in all honesty.
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: More of a casual regiment type guy, but I have done some competitive cavalry and line in the past.
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): I will probably still be around for BCoF, Bannerlord is kinda eh.
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): In the real world, I currently am studying for a BS in Computer Science, minoring in Computer Forensics and criminal justice if it fits. I want to do cyber security or digital law enforcement type stuff. I work for my college's ITS department.

Offline Syncmaster667

• First Lieutenant
  • 77y/77th Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • 77th Regiment Website
  • Nick: 77y/77th_1stLt_Sync
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2020, 07:51:02 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): 77y and 77y only, never been in another reg
What games do you play now?: NW, playing alittle of stellaris but thats it
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: Rifles/Lights in a casual reg
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): Aye, still here
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): My role is CNC programmer, but my full title is Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer, I operate and program machines like this, this and this. As for hobbies, its CNC machining and I love road cycling. Got a Trek Madone SLR and looking to make some hill climbing bike to weight 6-7kg.

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2021, 03:33:36 pm »
My name is Scottish and I'm braindead but I make a lot of moneys IRL

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2021, 02:49:41 am »

Prove it. Buy me a pizza.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2021, 12:34:54 pm »
pretty bored and I’ve been reminiscing on the good old days wondering. what have the teenage kids we started as grown into?

Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): 44th, 28th, 41st?
What games do you play now?: Nothing
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: Line 24/7
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): I havent played bannerlord but ive been given a key and someone bought it for me? < didnt ask so I own 2 bannerlords. I play the BCoF testing thing but I cant see me running a regiment rn.
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): I'm a 3D artist pretty much with an understanding of Unreal, maya and substance. Being a 3D Artist is like being a regular artist but minus the alternative goth Gfs who self harm.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2021, 12:38:14 pm »

Prove it. Buy me a pizza.
True followers of 18e like Rapod bought me a pizza.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Skaen

« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2021, 01:31:52 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of):

The only regiments I felt home were 18e and 17e. I left 18e, because most people that I liked left, and the new people that joined I didn't get a connection with them.
And I felt a bit left out because of that. About 17e, I joined it and stayed there until it unfortunately disbanded.

What games do you play now?:

Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Total War games, RDR 2, Star Wars games, etc ...

Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?:

Line & Lights

Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying):

Already played Bannerlord, but I don't like the multiplayer. If the NW mod turns out to be good, I might play it. Not sure yet. As for BCoF, I don't know much about the
time period. I have never known anything about North & South, other than it's the confederacy against the union. It also doesn't interest me as much as the Napoleonic
Era. So, I doubt I'll be playing that game. But who knows what the future will bring.

What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies):

Currently searching for a new job as I finished my educations.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 01:35:00 pm by Skaenn »

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2021, 10:15:27 pm »
Man, been sat here for about ten minutes trying to remember. 10 years of MM & NW has become sort of a blur. I remember being part of the FK Lancers, PrideofNi’s K-KA Nr57? I think that was the regiment. A French one as well, for the life of me I can’t remember who it was. Think it was 18e way back when.

But I have strong memories in Tavingtons 91st and my all time favourite was Peter Broetz’s 60th American Rifles

Almost nothing, casually play on my PS4 usually Star Wars battlefront or some quick fast paced game I can just wind down on.

Not really, loved FK & 60th because it was different to what I was used to doing.

Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): I’d need to buy a new computer, doubt it would work after ten years

Currently a Firefighter in the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service which takes up a lot of my time, 22years old now. Mental to think I was kickin about on TS as a 12-13yr.
 I actually googled the forums because I came across an old LB YouTube video from 9 years ago, with 13yr Scorpia in the 18e. Just got flooded with memories

I really doubt anyone would remember me, lookin through my old posts was enough to make me die of cringe. But I recognised so many names makes me wish I could go back in time

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2021, 02:07:22 pm »
Man, been sat here for about ten minutes trying to remember. 10 years of MM & NW has become sort of a blur. I remember being part of the FK Lancers, PrideofNi’s K-KA Nr57? I think that was the regiment. A French one as well, for the life of me I can’t remember who it was. Think it was 18e way back when.

But I have strong memories in Tavingtons 91st and my all time favourite was Peter Broetz’s 60th American Rifles

Almost nothing, casually play on my PS4 usually Star Wars battlefront or some quick fast paced game I can just wind down on.

Not really, loved FK & 60th because it was different to what I was used to doing.

Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): I’d need to buy a new computer, doubt it would work after ten years

Currently a Firefighter in the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service which takes up a lot of my time, 22years old now. Mental to think I was kickin about on TS as a 12-13yr.
 I actually googled the forums because I came across an old LB YouTube video from 9 years ago, with 13yr Scorpia in the 18e. Just got flooded with memories

I really doubt anyone would remember me, lookin through my old posts was enough to make me die of cringe. But I recognised so many names makes me wish I could go back in time

"I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days before you actually left them." Andy Bernard
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 03, 2021, 11:35:00 am »
im here!
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2021, 04:18:22 pm »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #178 on: April 03, 2021, 09:42:14 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): Starting playing this game in the 77th Continental Regiment (some weird fucking racist ass people in there) when I was 12. I was in Millander's 1stFKI, 21e, and 15e for a bit and before that the 38eSuisse. Moved on to join the 79th Cameron Highlanders (NA) led by Armystrong (they were an offshoot of the 29th led by Hugonaut), I was kicked out of it for apparently wanting to make a regiment? From there I formed my first regiment, The 15th (yorkshire, east riding or whatever the fuck) we were pretty big for NA had a peak attendance of around 45 I was like 14 at the time. Some weird older people in the regiment were sowing some strife apparently while I was away on spring break so my 14 y/o ass decided to disband the regiment while at my grandma's house on my ipad lol.

I was in some EU/NA regiments as well: The Bruhlans (Cav), and 9e (IVe, Artillery reg) are what come to mind.

2 weeks after decided to form the 30th (Cambridgeshire) in may 2014, regiment was mostly active from 2014-2017/18 maybe?. Things got busy with university and the game so decided it was time to say goodbye.

What games do you play now?: Barely any, usually play some DOTA 2, or some Rocket league with buds. Occasional EU IV sessions when I have the time.

Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: Mostly Line.

Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying):
Hah, maybe if there is a good napoleonic mod for bannerlord!

What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Currently completing a Bsc Psychology and doing behavioural neuroscience research investigating sleep-dependent memory consolidation in rodent models. Applying to medical schools so that I can cure those who contracted diseases playing NW.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 12:26:31 am by PurplePanda »

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2021, 10:34:00 pm »
(some weird fucking racist ass people in there)
that was me