Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60644 times)

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #660 on: October 13, 2021, 02:52:34 am »
That OU v TX game was just heartbreaking. I'm an OklaSt. fan so I was rooting for Texas. Was at work during the game and my coworker is a huge Texas fan. He asked me what the score was like 20 minutes after it was set to start and when I told him 14-0 for Texas he got so hyped. Told everyone who was wearing an OU shirt "Hook em horns" lmfao

I don't think OU should be in the top 4, maybe I'm a bit biased as an OklaSt. fan but I don't think they're the same team they were in years past. How are you going to give a top 4 spot to a team that has barely won their last couple games? The last couple games they didn't lead until what the last few minutes? Also, Spencer Rattler is dogshit imo, dude has no awareness and decision-making skills. Probably takes him 30 minutes to figure out what he wants at the McDonald's drive-through.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #661 on: October 13, 2021, 03:37:01 am »
TBH, this is a great year for college football.  There is no super team like in years past, and all the usual contenders have lost or dont look great. Honestly you could argue a lot of the top teams could swap places, and it wouldn't be very inaccurate. 

Anyone can win.  I have no idea if Iowa will run the table to make the title game.   Who knows what will happen in the big 10 east.  We will see who is real in the next month or so.  Bama has to win out(including against georgia) unless absolute chaos happens.  OK is just looking for some way to lose.  idk about Cin being a top 3 team either, but who knows. 

Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #662 on: October 13, 2021, 04:08:30 am »
TBH, this is a great year for college football.  There is no super team like in years past, and all the usual contenders have lost or dont look great. Honestly you could argue a lot of the top teams could swap places, and it wouldn't be very inaccurate. 

Anyone can win.  I have no idea if Iowa will run the table to make the title game.   Who knows what will happen in the big 10 east.  We will see who is real in the next month or so.  Bama has to win out(including against georgia) unless absolute chaos happens.  OK is just looking for some way to lose.  idk about Cin being a top 3 team either, but who knows.

Cincinnati is the best group of 5 team by far. They deserve to get a chance in the playoff if they can finish their schedule cleanly. They have multiple high level NFL prospects and their defense is legit. Everyone else has lost anyways so who else goes ahead of them?
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 13, 2021, 04:36:04 am »

Cincinnati is the best group of 5 team by far. They deserve to get a chance in the playoff if they can finish their schedule cleanly. They have multiple high level NFL prospects and their defense is legit. Everyone else has lost anyways so who else goes ahead of them?
Well that goes back to the age old question, should a team that played a far harder schedule and only lost say one game jump ahead of an undefeated team with an easier schedule.  Only having 4 possible spots makes this far harder, since there will probably be several 1 lose teams that could argue they should be ahead at the end of the season.  Only having 4 slots was a stupid decision.  I cant wait for them to finally expand it. 

My comment about them being #3 was hitting on the other point, where you could swap any of the top 8 or 10 teams outside of georgia right now, and i wouldnt consider it wrong.  No one has played consistently enough, or looked great enough to make me  think they are for sure one of the top teams.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 14, 2021, 05:14:35 am »

Well that goes back to the age old question, should a team that played a far harder schedule and only lost say one game jump ahead of an undefeated team with an easier schedule.  Only having 4 possible spots makes this far harder, since there will probably be several 1 lose teams that could argue they should be ahead at the end of the season.  Only having 4 slots was a stupid decision.  I cant wait for them to finally expand it. 

My comment about them being #3 was hitting on the other point, where you could swap any of the top 8 or 10 teams outside of georgia right now, and i wouldnt consider it wrong.  No one has played consistently enough, or looked great enough to make me  think they are for sure one of the top teams.

It’s a shame that the undefeated UCF team never got their shot. I think the committee gets it right with Cincinnati this year. Although they can still lose and ruin it themselves anyways. Just would like to see a group of 5 team finally get in.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 14, 2021, 05:58:40 am »
If Cin runs the table, and blows out most of their opponents, i dont think they will be left out.  Get into a bunch of close games with crappy teams or lose, then they have little to no chance. 

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 17, 2021, 12:50:26 am »
LSU FL game, TX vs OSU, and Ark vs Aub were all fun games to watch.  Kept changing channels to try and keep up with them.

Iowa was absolutely pathetic.   Offense was its usual self, and the defense was garbage.  Purdue made good use of their by week.  I doubt iowa will do the same vs Wis.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 17, 2021, 04:31:41 am »
Well there’s Purdue’s yearly win over a top ten team before they finish .500

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 17, 2021, 05:52:06 am »
Well there’s Purdue’s yearly win over a top ten team before they finish .500
i know that feeling.  When Iowa has a bad year, that is the only highlight of it.

Georgia seemed pretty good from what i saw.

ISU looked good.  Their offense finally started clicking.  I hope it continues.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 21, 2021, 02:00:55 am »
Tennessee should've won...

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
« Reply #670 on: October 21, 2021, 02:50:41 am »
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 24, 2021, 06:44:27 am »
Tenn hung in there with Bama but couldnt get any stops.

Oklahoma got away with that hand off at the end of the game.  Play should of been called dead.  Ill say it again, no one looks great this year.

Ill going in and beating Penn state was very surprising.  Iowa despite having an anemic offense showed that they were vulnerable to a strong run game.  Ill capitalized. 

ISU vs OSU was pretty good.   That unsportsmanlike conduct call might have been one of the worse in football history.  I wasnt sure on that spot at the end of the game, since that player looked like they were on top of their teammate, but there were too many bodies in the way to overturn it.   OSU receivers made some great catches. 

OSU looks like the team to beat in the Big 10.

Purdue naturally loses to Wis.

Nov in the Big 12 and Big 10 should be really entertaining. 

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #672 on: October 24, 2021, 07:35:49 am »
Tenn hung in there with Bama but couldnt get any stops.

Oklahoma got away with that hand off at the end of the game.  Play should of been called dead.  Ill say it again, no one looks great this year.

Ill going in and beating Penn state was very surprising.  Iowa despite having an anemic offense showed that they were vulnerable to a strong run game.  Ill capitalized. 

ISU vs OSU was pretty good.   That unsportsmanlike conduct call might have been one of the worse in football history.  I wasnt sure on that spot at the end of the game, since that player looked like they were on top of their teammate, but there were too many bodies in the way to overturn it.   OSU receivers made some great catches. 

OSU looks like the team to beat in the Big 10.

Purdue naturally loses to Wis.

Nov in the Big 12 and Big 10 should be really entertaining.
Georgia in my opinion is far and above the rest of the teams mainly because of that defense. Once their offense gets healthier they will be alot better. Cinn and Oklahoma don't look like the #2 & #3 teams in the country. Cinn had their worst game against a 1-5 Navy team. Oklahoma has looked like trash all year struggling against the easiest teams on their schedule. They should honestly move Bama and OSU to #2 & #3 even with 1 loss. Although they both have 1 loss Bama's was by a last-second FG and PSU was vs the #10 team in the country. Wake Forest might actually go undefeated but they probably won't have a single big win on their resume if they do. The taunting penalty in the OSU vs ISU game is just shocking. It seems like the NCAA & the NFL are trying to ruin football more and more each year. At this point idk what league is softer the NBA or the NFL. I excited to see who comes out on top in the Michigan vs Michigan State game next week and towards the end of the year. The big 10 or the Sec might have 2 teams in the CFP when the season is over. That Penn State vs Illinois game was brutal to watch but man that was a great win for Brett Bielema. That game gave me PTSD of the LSU vs Texas A&M game from a few years ago.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 25, 2021, 12:31:18 am »
My biggest concern with Georgia is there offense.  If they get into some sort of shoot out, can they keep up.  Can their defense shut down the super high scoring offenses every week?

Big 12s only chance is if they have an undefeated i think, unless things get really crazy in Nov.  Sec and Big 10 have the highest chances of getting 2 teams in.  Because Iowa isnt great, even though they are likely to still represent the west, it is possible 2 teams from the East get in if they play well and the other team only has 1 loss.

OSU is #2 i think.  They are playing the best out of anyone in the Big 10. 

That win was a great for Ill.  Great for their program going forward.  There is part of me that enjoys the old style of OT, but i understand why they went this route.    It is still better than the NFLs.  You get to see who the better team really is.

The flopping crap is far worse than this latest taunting thing they are going after.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 31, 2021, 04:31:07 am »
OSU won.  Georgia looked good.

Mich vs Mich state was a good game.  Baylor vs Tx looked good too.(couldnt watch it)

ISU lost.  I couldnt watch that to see what happened.

OK actually blew someone out.

Iowa looked impressively bad on offense after a byweek. They are getting worse as the year goes on.   They will be lucky to be .500 in Nov.  Pathetic.  They show up for the big games, and sleep during the others.

Oregon will probably be in the top  5 or 6 in the CFP rankings.  Could even be ahead of OSU due to the head to head win.

Curious to see where Cin will be, and where they will be if they run the table.