Author Topic: NA All-Time Duelists/Groupfighters*UPDATE*  (Read 157297 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: NA All-Time Duelists/Groupfighters*UPDATE*
« Reply #1650 on: August 16, 2021, 01:54:06 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
the skill gap between then and now is so wide that none of you from back then could keep up with players like stryker or me now
hmmmmmmmmmm
you've spent more hours on the forums than in game hop off bud
yeah i cared more about running regiments/events and making friends then i did at getting better at the game so what lol, doesn't change the fact that top players from 2015 would smoke you like a swisher
All I'm saying is that if you sucked in every era you played in I think your ability to judge skill is heavily compromised because literally everyone else was/is better than you.

To respond to the rest of the thread yeah if Bill came back and spent enough time I'm sure that he could be a good or even great player. But the thing is you could literally say the same for every NW player ever. What I'm simply saying is that if you took average or slightly above average players from right now and transported them back to 2015 they would easily be top players because between 2015 and now the skill ceiling has been raised a fair bit. I don't know how anyone could deny this as this is a pattern that you see in every other game or even sports for that matter. Warband isn't some magical exception where the skill ceiling capped out at some point in the past and has been stagnant ever since.
sry where are u on this list? cant find you anywhere for some reason ... weird..
[close]
I never said that I belonged on this list I'm a pretty average player but I'm glad your participation trophy next to PurplePanda and Jorge in the honorable mentions section of the Canadians makes you happy buddy.
"All I'm saying is that if you sucked in every era you played in I think your ability to judge skill is heavily compromised because literally everyone else was/is better than you."  You're one to talk lol.
also more proud of being on the influential list because I was more concernced on having an impact on the community rather than actually playing well
Didn't you already say this? I feel like I'm looping. I never doubted your influence on the community I was just calling you and your takes bad.
If my takes are bad because I'm bad then your takes are worse because you're dogshit lol
[close]
I was a starter on a team that won a league and you know you're too shit to even sign up for leagues and even if you did you would get no playing time. There is literally no debate over who is better between you and me.

Now focus on this part please
What does that have to do with the skillgap
Congrats man ur still an average player though as you say. And to be fair I don't even have the game installed, I didn't really play the game at all during my time in the 40th and during the communities draft league phase, but I signed up to increase numbers. I didn't really care at being good at the game at that point like I've said, but in my prime when I did care I'd say I was better than you for sure. I've played against you and you're pretty bad even when I don't touch the game.
Yeah I'm average and you're below average you had no peak, you had no results, you have 15k forum posts to your name and that is all that is notable. To circle back around to the main argument you being average and peaking in 2015 would make you below average nowadays. There is literally no debate about this everyone knows you're shit and from the players around you in the honorable mentions list we can clearly see that you've only really ever been shit. It is quite funny how you keep reminding me about how much you don't care it's almost like you're trying to not only convince me but yourself as well.
id beat you off 2 weeks of groupfightin and a weekend of cocaine kid, come back 10yrs from now maybe you'll realize then how pointless this all is lol

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1651 on: August 16, 2021, 01:54:59 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
the skill gap between then and now is so wide that none of you from back then could keep up with players like stryker or me now
hmmmmmmmmmm
yeah i cared more about running regiments/events and making friends then i did at getting better at the game so what lol, doesn't change the fact that top players from 2015 would smoke you like a swisher
All I'm saying is that if you sucked in every era you played in I think your ability to judge skill is heavily compromised because literally everyone else was/is better than you.

To respond to the rest of the thread yeah if Bill came back and spent enough time I'm sure that he could be a good or even great player. But the thing is you could literally say the same for every NW player ever. What I'm simply saying is that if you took average or slightly above average players from right now and transported them back to 2015 they would easily be top players because between 2015 and now the skill ceiling has been raised a fair bit. I don't know how anyone could deny this as this is a pattern that you see in every other game or even sports for that matter. Warband isn't some magical exception where the skill ceiling capped out at some point in the past and has been stagnant ever since.
sry where are u on this list? cant find you anywhere for some reason ... weird..
[close]
I never said that I belonged on this list I'm a pretty average player but I'm glad your participation trophy next to PurplePanda and Jorge in the honorable mentions section of the Canadians makes you happy buddy.
"All I'm saying is that if you sucked in every era you played in I think your ability to judge skill is heavily compromised because literally everyone else was/is better than you."  You're one to talk lol.
also more proud of being on the influential list because I was more concernced on having an impact on the community rather than actually playing well
Didn't you already say this? I feel like I'm looping. I never doubted your influence on the community I was just calling you and your takes bad.
If my takes are bad because I'm bad then your takes are worse because you're dogshit lol
[close]
I was a starter on a team that won a league and you know you're too shit to even sign up for leagues and even if you did you would get no playing time. There is literally no debate over who is better between you and me.

Congrats man ur still an average player though as you say. And to be fair I don't even have the game installed, I didn't really play the game at all during my time in the 40th and during the communities draft league phase, but I signed up to increase numbers. I didn't really care at being good at the game at that point like I've said, but in my prime when I did care I'd say I was better than you for sure. I've played against you and you're pretty bad even when I don't touch the game.
Yeah I'm average and you're below average you had no peak, you had no results, you have 15k forum posts to your name and that is all that is notable. To circle back around to the main argument you being average and peaking in 2015 would make you below average nowadays. There is literally no debate about this everyone knows you're shit and from the players around you in the honorable mentions list we can clearly see that you've only really ever been shit. It is quite funny how you keep reminding me about how much you don't care it's almost like you're trying to not only convince me but yourself as well.
id beat you off 2 weeks of groupfightin and a weekend of cocaine kid, come back 10yrs from now maybe you'll realize then how pointless this all is lol
yes please beat me off :))
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 16, 2021, 01:59:35 am »
bill top 5-10 all-time player change my mind

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #1653 on: August 16, 2021, 02:02:04 am »
Top 5-10 players don’t call Stryker an autoblocker

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 16, 2021, 02:10:26 am »

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 16, 2021, 02:16:30 am »
idk why bill calls him an autoblocker lol but that really doesn't have anything to do with how good he was

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 16, 2021, 02:22:38 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
hmmmmmmmmmm

[close]
[close]

FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #1657 on: August 16, 2021, 02:23:00 am »
As much as that gave me a laugh this isn't my issue with Bill. My issue comes in when he has the egotistical audacity to call himself the King of NW when I had never even heard of him till 2018 when I started to play competitive. Hell for those that don't know I've been around in 2013 in Sharpe's 1stRGJ/British Army and joined regiments like PapaBeans 3rdGJB, Price and Warnerbros original 93rd, GeneralGinger and SniperSenpais 79thCH, MadMal's 1stVistule, Capones HRE SS and spent tid bits in other regiments like Alexanders 5th (3 weeks) 63e (1 week) 39th (1 week) and probably a bunch of others that I'm missing. Ultimately he had little to no impact on the overall community and to call himself King is absolutely absurd. The people who hosted public servers and events are the real kings
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 02:31:06 am by [Stryker] »

|Viper|

« Reply #1658 on: August 16, 2021, 02:34:33 am »
If you didn’t see certain players in their prime you can’t diss their skill now. End of story.

Also, please bet ‘em off.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 16, 2021, 02:35:21 am »
As much as that gave me a laugh this isn't my issue with Bill. My issue comes in when he has the egotistical audacity to call himself the King of NW when I had never even heard of him till 2018 when I started to play competitive. Hell for those that don't know I've been around in 2013 in Sharpe's 1stRGJ/British Army and joined regiments like PapaBeans 3rdGJB, Price and Warnerbros original 93rd, GeneralGinger and SniperSenpais 79thCH, MadMal's 1stVistule, Capones HRE SS and spent tid bits in other regiments like Alexanders 5th (3 weeks) 63e (1 week) 39th (1 week) and probably a bunch of others that I'm missing. Ultimately he had little to no impact on the overall community and to call himself King is absolutely absurd. The people who hosted public servers and events are the real kings
anyone can host pub events, only one can be the king

have some respect nephew

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #1660 on: August 16, 2021, 02:40:51 am »
anyone can host pub events, only one can be the king

have some respect nephew
Takes genuine skill and dedication to keep it running and popular

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 16, 2021, 03:08:49 am »
tbf the casual community and comp community are two separate things (and have almost always been). The comp community is it's own little bubble and same for the casual community. I wouldn't expect any of those casual regs you listed to be in tune with any comp stuff, and vice versa for the comp players not knowing stuff about the casual regs. The reason you never heard of him was because you didn't start comp till much later on. The only player that is universally known from comp to casual is like Jackie, that's about it. (For good reason as he was a beast). I get what you're tryna say but your POV is from someone who started comp from much later on, so it's no surprise you found out about Bill only in 2018.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 16, 2021, 03:15:09 am »
reminder if you were an na1 admin that's all that matters
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #1663 on: August 16, 2021, 03:16:25 am »
reminder if you were an na1 admin that's all that matters
junedragon was the best na1 admin

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #1664 on: August 16, 2021, 03:17:04 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
hmmmmmmmmmm

[close]
[close]

[close]
me in 2 weeks
Spoiler
[close]

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳