Author Topic: UFC - NW  (Read 45216 times)

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: UFC - NW
« Reply #510 on: March 26, 2021, 04:04:57 am »
I'd like to join to boost someone elses score thank you
Noob 7-1 Jolly

Jolly out here doing the Lord's work.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #511 on: March 26, 2021, 04:27:05 am »
I'd like to join to boost someone elses score thank you
Noob 7-1 Jolly

Jolly out here doing the Lord's work.
I'll take the boast ; )

Offline Godsworn Alexiel

• Corporal
  • peepochrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 26, 2021, 09:46:08 pm »
Godfried your examples and arguments are hilariously bad and have almost no substance.

You argue that it's not that big a deal because you did good in 2014 on an na gf server when you had 68 ping, and also used the example of playing in EU as a means to compare. First off you have to be retarded to think the EU example is even comparable, or even substantial in the case of the picture of the match stats provided by you from NWWC so far. EU makes use of medium combat speed, and you have to be a retard to think that meta is the same as the NA one. EU meta from medium combat speed is less punishing to ping difference due to stabs being slower to come at you. People hold stabs far more and don't spam in the EU meta because it is so much easier to chamber, forcing a meta of positioning and teamwork. Second off, the picture of NA sweats doing good against europeans is almost instantly disproved by looking at who you have faced so far. You beat Turkey (who have nearly the same ping as the NA's on british servers), The Czech, who are in a similar situation to the Turks, and neither are well known in the EU community. All your arguments have equated to fringe cases, ethos arguments with weak backing and do not hold up when scrutinized, and attempting to attack our arguments through "ur bad u dont know what ur talking about" instead of addressing the real meta and game theory discussion. You present a "get good" along with the other low ping circle jerkers, but even if we were to just not say anything and do such a thing, we would have to put in far more effort and play in such a way just to EQUAL the low pingers. Things like footlancing, close range updown blocks, and other crucial mechanics which allow low pingers to accel in groupfight settings are either just mechanically x2 - 3x as hard due to timing closures, or just blatantly physically impossible. People who seem to accomplish what others with low ping could, are actually playing highly predictively, and are playing in a manner completely different than what the low pingers have to go through.

Your entire experience in this current stun chamber spam meta was with 29 -35 ping. We seem to both agree that ping matters but is only part of the picture, but to say that ping is a miniscule effect in the current fastest speed meta is blatantly wrong. There are mechanical hampers that make certain basic actions within a groupfight far more risky for the higher ping, and far less risky for the far lower pings. It has a far higher impact compared to any match done in Europe. Maybe the issue is that I haven't said what the solution should be, with it having to be either change to medium speed or go back to Dallas where everyone had 40-60 ping aside from specifically Texans and people who live in literal Northern Maine.

I don't think you are actually retarded enough to not understand the game theory of if two people who play perfectly, while one person has low ping while the other has high ping, the low pinger wins 100% of the time. So I think you are genuinely just protecting your ego or trying to stop any form of movement away from you benefitting from one of the lowest pings in the game.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 09:48:20 pm by Godsworn Alexiel »
i can deadlift 700 pounds

chadlite in training

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #513 on: March 26, 2021, 11:04:18 pm »
Godfried your examples and arguments are hilariously bad and have almost no substance.

You argue that it's not that big a deal because you did good in 2014 on an na gf server when you had 68 ping, and also used the example of playing in EU as a means to compare. First off you have to be retarded to think the EU example is even comparable, or even substantial in the case of the picture of the match stats provided by you from NWWC so far. EU makes use of medium combat speed, and you have to be a retard to think that meta is the same as the NA one. EU meta from medium combat speed is less punishing to ping difference due to stabs being slower to come at you. People hold stabs far more and don't spam in the EU meta because it is so much easier to chamber, forcing a meta of positioning and teamwork. Second off, the picture of NA sweats doing good against europeans is almost instantly disproved by looking at who you have faced so far. You beat Turkey (who have nearly the same ping as the NA's on british servers), The Czech, who are in a similar situation to the Turks, and neither are well known in the EU community. All your arguments have equated to fringe cases, ethos arguments with weak backing and do not hold up when scrutinized, and attempting to attack our arguments through "ur bad u dont know what ur talking about" instead of addressing the real meta and game theory discussion. You present a "get good" along with the other low ping circle jerkers, but even if we were to just not say anything and do such a thing, we would have to put in far more effort and play in such a way just to EQUAL the low pingers. Things like footlancing, close range updown blocks, and other crucial mechanics which allow low pingers to accel in groupfight settings are either just mechanically x2 - 3x as hard due to timing closures, or just blatantly physically impossible.

Your entire experience in this current stun chamber spam meta was with 29 -35 ping. We seem to both agree that ping matters but is only part of the picture, but to say that ping is a miniscule effect in the current fastest speed meta is blatantly wrong. There are mechanical hampers that make certain basic actions within a groupfight far more risky for the higher ping, and far less risky for the far lower pings. It has a far higher impact compared to any match done in Europe. Maybe the issue is that I haven't said what the solution should be, with it having to be either change to medium speed or go back to Dallas where everyone had 40-60 ping aside from specifically Texans and people who live in literal Northern Maine.

I don't think you are actually retarded enough to not understand the game theory of if two people who play perfectly, while one person has low ping while the other has high ping, the low pinger wins 100% of the time. So I think you are genuinely just protecting your ego or trying to stop any form of movement away from you benefitting from one of the lowest pings in the game.

In order as bolded.

1) You're a retard. Like I already told mexicant, the screenshot wasn't about me doing good, it was in response to your edit that I had 29 ping back then. All it was doing was showing I had 68 ping. You're just so insecure about how badly you do that if someone's positive in a screenshot you think it's a brag.
Like how goddamn stupid can you be? Even just from the context of what I wrote beside the screenshot....but it is what it is, I don't expect very much from you.

2)All this proved is how little research you did, before writing it. That was possibly the dumbest thing you wrote in that body of text. But again, at this point I don't really expect anything more.

3) Your game theory and meta argument amount to nothing. "If two players are playing perfectly.." isn't a practical scenario, that is just pure theory, and I'm not going to debate theory when I know the practical situation is drastically different. On the practical side of things, the better player wins the vast majority almost regardless of ping. Unlike yourself, I've been involved in the competitive side of things long enough to have seen it, while you're operating on pure theory. And the only ones seeming to struggle in the meta are you and Mexicant.

4) Do tell me more about my entire experience while ignoring everything I've posted to the contrary.

5) Changing the combat speed to medium won't change anything, and making the average ping higher than it is, is the dumbest solution I've heard to a non-problem in a while. In any MOBA or FPS, the highest form of competition is the LAN tournament, because if you want the highest level of competition, you bring the average down, not push it up.

6) No, I just think what you're saying is stupid. You blatantly ignore all the practical evidence or call it "fringe/statistical outliers" and circle back to theory. You don't even consider that perhaps you and Mexicant are the outliers, that most players even at your ping don't struggle nearly as much as you guys seem to, and that there might be a reason for that.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 12:12:28 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #514 on: March 26, 2021, 11:28:01 pm »
You all live in the shadow of puppy

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #515 on: March 26, 2021, 11:49:14 pm »

You argue that it's not that big a deal because you did good in 2014 on an na gf server when you had 68 ping, and also used the example of playing in EU as a means to compare. First off you have to be retarded to think the EU example is even comparable, or even substantial in the case of the picture of the match stats provided by you from NWWC so far. EU makes use of medium combat speed, and you have to be a retard to think that meta is the same as the NA one. EU meta from medium combat speed is less punishing to ping difference due to stabs being slower to come at you. People hold stabs far more and don't spam in the EU meta because it is so much easier to chamber, forcing a meta of positioning and teamwork. Second off, the picture of NA sweats doing good against europeans is almost instantly disproved by looking at who you have faced so far. You beat Turkey (who have nearly the same ping as the NA's on british servers), The Czech, who are in a similar situation to the Turks, and neither are well known in the EU community. All your arguments have equated to fringe cases, ethos arguments with weak backing and do not hold up when scrutinized, and attempting to attack our arguments through "ur bad u dont know what ur talking about" instead of addressing the real meta and game theory discussion. You present a "get good" along with the other low ping circle jerkers, but even if we were to just not say anything and do such a thing, we would have to put in far more effort and play in such a way just to EQUAL the low pingers. Things like footlancing, close range updown blocks, and other crucial mechanics which allow low pingers to accel in groupfight settings are either just mechanically x2 - 3x as hard due to timing closures, or just blatantly physically impossible. People who seem to accomplish what others with low ping could, are actually playing highly predictively, and are playing in a manner completely different than what the low pingers have to go through.

This is one of the strangest things for me to say.  The people that know me, know that I don't ever agree with Lawbringer. But he's 100 percent right. On like everything he just said.

....do I have covid....nickcole am I ok?

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 26, 2021, 11:56:00 pm »
East vs West tournament, 15 rounds on East, 15 rounds on West, let's see how it goes. Let's settle it the practical way. Put the theory to the test.

I'll take

Yoshie
Jaax
Cwater
Anthony
Yoloswag
Myself
Horse

Lawbringer and Mexicant can assemble their West Coast team. I guarantee they get dominated on both servers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 12:16:19 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #517 on: March 27, 2021, 12:04:23 am »
game theory of if two people who play perfectly, while one person has low ping while the other has high ping, the low pinger wins 100% of the time
this is both massively incorrect and also completely unreasonable - ping is certainly a factor in melee but to claim that it's the deciding factor is just unreasonable and displays a limited knowledge of game dynamics

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 27, 2021, 12:07:32 am »
game theory of if two people who play perfectly, while one person has low ping while the other has high ping, the low pinger wins 100% of the time
this is both massively incorrect and also completely unreasonable - ping is certainly a factor in melee but to claim that it's the deciding factor is just unreasonable and displays a limited knowledge of game dynamics

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 27, 2021, 12:21:30 am »
Why does this matter so much tho? like I know you people don't care that much anymore.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #520 on: March 27, 2021, 12:24:46 am »
Styles make fights
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 27, 2021, 12:25:32 am »
Why does this matter so much tho? like I know you people don't care that much anymore.

All I'm saying is we can put Lawbringers theory to the test with a group fighting tournament. We don't need to sit here and argue about how hard it is to play with high ping, let's just do it. I already named my team.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #522 on: March 27, 2021, 12:27:13 am »
East vs West UFC Event paired with a East vs West Groupfight sounds like a good idea
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Godsworn Alexiel

• Corporal
  • peepochrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 27, 2021, 12:28:56 am »

You argue that it's not that big a deal because you did good in 2014 on an na gf server when you had 68 ping, and also used the example of playing in EU as a means to compare. First off you have to be retarded to think the EU example is even comparable, or even substantial in the case of the picture of the match stats provided by you from NWWC so far. EU makes use of medium combat speed, and you have to be a retard to think that meta is the same as the NA one. EU meta from medium combat speed is less punishing to ping difference due to stabs being slower to come at you. People hold stabs far more and don't spam in the EU meta because it is so much easier to chamber, forcing a meta of positioning and teamwork. Second off, the picture of NA sweats doing good against europeans is almost instantly disproved by looking at who you have faced so far. You beat Turkey (who have nearly the same ping as the NA's on british servers), The Czech, who are in a similar situation to the Turks, and neither are well known in the EU community. All your arguments have equated to fringe cases, ethos arguments with weak backing and do not hold up when scrutinized, and attempting to attack our arguments through "ur bad u dont know what ur talking about" instead of addressing the real meta and game theory discussion. You present a "get good" along with the other low ping circle jerkers, but even if we were to just not say anything and do such a thing, we would have to put in far more effort and play in such a way just to EQUAL the low pingers. Things like footlancing, close range updown blocks, and other crucial mechanics which allow low pingers to accel in groupfight settings are either just mechanically x2 - 3x as hard due to timing closures, or just blatantly physically impossible.

In order as bolded.

1) You're a retard. Like I already told mexicant, the screenshot wasn't about me doing good, it was in response to your edit that I had 29 ping back then. All it was doing was showing I had 68 ping. You're just so insecure about how badly you do that if someone's positive in a screenshot you think it's a brag.
Like how goddamn stupid can you be? Even just from the context of what I wrote beside the screenshot....but it is what it is, I don't expect very much from you.

2)All this proved is how little research you did, before writing it. That was possibly the dumbest thing you wrote in that body of text. But again, at this point I don't really expect anything more.

3) Your game theory and meta argument amount to nothing. "If two players are playing perfectly.." isn't a practical scenario, that is just pure theory, and I'm not going to debate theory when I know the practical situation is drastically different. On the practical side of things, the better player wins the vast majority regardless of ping. Unlike yourself, I've been involved in the competitive side of things long enough to have seen it, while you're operating on pure theory. And the only ones seeming to struggle in the meta are you and Mexicant.

4) Do tell me more about my entire experience while ignoring everything I've posted to the contrary.

5) Changing the combat speed to medium won't change anything, and making the average ping higher than it is, is the dumbest solution I've heard to a non-problem in a while. In any MOBA or FPS, the highest form of competition is the LAN tournament, because if you want the highest level of competition, you bring the average down, not push it up.

6) No, I just think what you're saying is stupid. You blatantly ignore all the practical evidence or call it "fringe/statistical outliers" and circle back to theory. You don't even consider that perhaps you and Mexicant are the outliers, that most players even at your ping don't struggle nearly as much as you guys seem to, and that there might be a reason for that.

1) Ok I stand corrected, yet I find this still puzzling as if you really were "top tier" back when you had 68 ping, you would have a far better picture to prove it with. Also you said you had a multitude of experiences with high ping why don't you have a pic of something like a groupfight where ping was no hamper on you? I think you don't because you are just resorting to "I say so" arguments. So we can establish that you Godfried in fact had only started becoming big name once you switched to 29 ping. Either that or you just are a bad debator. Your original argument was that ping does not make or break a player, yet you provided no evidence beyond this picture and one where you were ping spiking (not a consistent change in ping) in a duel tournament (which based off of referencing people like maccle's ping, was a chicago server, leading to you still at a default having low ping.). You have still failed to provide good evidence that is not plagued with hesitations.

2) You literally wrote "I can't come up with an argument or discussion against this so I'm gonna call it and you retarded" If you know so much, care to explain in words big man?

3) Yes it is not a practical scenario, but in a meta where there is a defensive (unintentionally programmed in by the developers btw) move that is a guaranteed kill if timed correctly (affected by ping) (and not mashed out, of course but this is also influenced by ping) what can the person with lower ping realistically do with a higher win rate % on a person who theoretically has reached a point where feinting does not work on them? In this sense we can get a general sense of where different pathways can lead in the decision making process, and it is very bleak. Also you inserted more "Im a big man and I say so" at the end. Also why don't you tell me about all the high pingers that do so well nowadays? How many can you name? Wanna look at the league table right now?

4) You haven't posted shit bro all your examples are legit fringe cases and pics out of time or a failure of an example when taken into context

5) We can't get LAN because this is an online game with 0 money in it. Also to say the purpose of LAN is to reduce average ping rather than ping equalize for making a competitive setting is LOL

6) yes of course all those top tier west coast players in the current draft league really aren't hampered bro

Oh wait the only person who fits that category and is doing decent is Cytiuz in 8th place at a near 1.0 kd followed by Pedro in 36th place with a sub 1.0 kd

Wow so many

Two people release a stab at the same time. You think RNG decides who wins that? In a ping difference match, one person almost always has quick attack (pokemon +1 priority) on every move they do outside of being stunned. Ping difference puts someone on the back foot in the decisionmaking process.

East vs West tournament, 15 rounds on East, 15 rounds on West, let's see how it goes. Let's settle it the practical way. Put the theory to the test.

I'll take

Yoshie
Jaax
Cwater
Anthony
Yoloswag
Myself
Horse

Lawbringer and Mexicant can assemble their West Coast team. I guarantee they get dominated on both servers.

lol "i cant win this argument so lets settle this in a stacked battle"
i can deadlift 700 pounds

chadlite in training

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo