Author Topic: Version Reverting to old version- Solved (player made error)  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
Version Reverting to old version- Solved (player made error)
« on: January 24, 2018, 02:54:15 pm »
So I updated the game to V1.2 as steam requested, but as soon as I downloaded the update and loaded the game, it still said V1.04. Anyhow I verified game cache and then it replaced 2.5GB worth. I played in an event after that for an hour then closed the game, however, when I launched the game up 15 mins later for a groupfighting match it reverted back to the old version. No matter how many times I verify game cache it still reverts to the old update as soon as I close the game. To me it seems the only solution is to reinstall the game, however naturally I would prefer a better solution :p
Many thanks
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:46:05 pm by Zebaad »

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Version Reverting to old version
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 05:45:43 pm »
Check the Module.ini and maybe change the version number there manually.
Do you install any mods?
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 05:49:38 pm »
If any files were replaced by mods, verifying integrity would replace them anyway.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 12:59:07 pm »
Check the Module.ini and maybe change the version number there manually.
Do you install any mods?
Yeah, I have many but shouldn't think that should cause the version to revert to an older save.
As for altering the game Version in module.ini, the version itself is not V1.2 which means the content is not compatible. In other words, it has reverted both the module name and the module files after playing once.

If any files were replaced by mods, verifying integrity would replace them anyway.
That being said, after verifying and playing once, the error re-occurs

I'm not sure if it could be the case, but I do have the dev console installed as well as an early version of the update installed on a non steam mount and blade. Could that be a cause whereby it re-writes the files?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:07:05 pm by Zebaad »

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
Re: Version Reverting to old version- Solved (player made error)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 04:48:25 pm »
So I found the reasoning for this- I just messed up badly XD basically I had issues with windows early december which meant I couldn't certain applications as it claimed they were viruses- windows update caused this. My solution was to rename the game except as I have just explained it meant that I ran the wrong version of the game XD So infact the error I reported was not an error at all just me launching the wrong game. Apologies and thanks for your help  ;D