Author Topic: Help with maps for new NW Patch.  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Help with maps for new NW Patch.
« on: December 05, 2017, 06:49:31 pm »
Hello there.
It would be great if you guys could help us out with making some new maps for the upcoming NW patch.

What I am looking for are:

1.) Any map you have already finished and think is good enough to be an official NW map.
2.) I need new maps for a new gamemode we are planning. The maps will have to be made on the largest map size possible, and they will have to include villages/houses/farms etc. more or less evenly spread over the whole map. If you include water in your map, make sure that there are enough boat spawns around for players to be able to get on it.
3.) Any maps that you are currently running on your server and think are good enough for the NW patch. If they are good enough we will include them in the official patch and your players will not longer have to download them! (This does NOT include training maps)

Please send me those maps either in this thread or as PM.
I will look over them and include them in the game if they are good enough.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 06:54:45 pm by Olafson »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Help with maps for new NW Patch.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:50:17 pm »
I'm not a scener, but perhaps Blitz_craig's historical maps have what you're looking for in a handful of maps. Large maps, historical-based and detailed. If they have any version issues, I haven't noticed last time I played on servers that used these maps, primarily servers that ran siege mode.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 11:57:55 pm »
Do you want these ai meshed? I'm presuming not, because of the size you asked for?

Id also second the idea for using Blitz Craigs maps as well. His maps are very good and already donated to the community. Ive based a few maps on these for our Man vs Bots server, with a lot of alteration for our game mode. I asked and received permission from him to do that first. But I think for what you have in mind you wouldn't need that many changes. If you've got a more detailed brief of what you need, and you don't need ai meshing, I can adapt a few for you if you want.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 12:47:33 am »
For 2 we do NOT need them Ai meshed.
The other maps would be good with Ai mesh, but not needed either.

Offline Cuddly_Kitty

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:24:17 am »
Hey, for what game-modes can I submit maps? Is there a deadline for submission? I have a lot of maps made for servers that I wouldn't mind refurbishing. Do you have any preferences on what game types the maps should be for, and can you provide any more details of the new game type? Do all maps have to be fully accommodating of 100v100 player counts? Are there any other rules?

Some random screenshots of my maps:

If any of the maps in these screenshots look to be at an acceptable quality level, I'll happily send you scenes and discuss completing any uncompleted scenes if there the deadline isn't too harsh. I can provide more screenshots if required.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 01:08:59 pm »
Submit anything you want, I will take a look at it.

For the new gamemode it needs to work with 200 players.

Offline Freestyler

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Freestyler
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 09:50:12 am »
will there be new server files?

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 10:26:21 am »
Yes

Wursti

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 10:45:33 am »
I'd like some of Profy's maps if he would agree since most of them are sick

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=26077.0

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 11:58:04 am »
I'd like some of Profy's maps if he would agree since most of them are sick

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=26077.0

Yeah i know him well! He is mapping since first NW days (even on Mount&Musket imo) and i'm 100% sure he would be ok happy to share it to you.

Offline profy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Le_Profyteur
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 05:41:50 pm »
Hello! Is there a deadline to submit the Maps ?

2011-->2017 IVe Corps :heart:

Offline profy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Le_Profyteur
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 02:29:16 pm »

Citadelle de Montmélian

A bit of history about the place:

The village of Montmélian is the former military and administrative capital of the Counts of Savoy before the purchase of Chambéry. Strategically placed on the crossroads between the Dauphiné, Val du Bourget, via Chambery, and the Combe de Savoie leading to the valleys of Maurienne and Tarentaise intra-alpine, passages to Piedmont, the village was very soon completed by a fortress without ceases to be adapted to military developments. Following the French occupation of the early sixteenth century by the King of France, François I, Duke Emmanuel Philibert is modernizing the citadel by the engineer Dominique Revel de Savonne from 1561, with the addition of an artillery. The duke wants it to become "a stronghold not only the best of Savoy but the best in Europe".

At the end of the sixteenth century, the citadel of Montmelian was one of the most famous citadels in Europe. Built on a rock accessible only on the city side and located above it, it is equipped with 30 pieces of guns and 20,000 hits in reserve. Besides, the old castle had been joined with a new citadel, in the midst of which he was shut up. Its enclosure covered the entire summit of the rock. The square was now flanked by 5 large bastions, the 3 most important face the city, located at the foot of the mountain. The three bastions, the foundations of which were one and a half feet deep in the living rock, could not be undermined or mined. The access ramp was cut by a wide and deep ditch, chiseled into the granite9. On the other side, the rocks too steep did not allow to build advanced works, it is defended by long pincers10.

Faced with the French invasion, the Comte de Brandis, commander of the place, announced that the citadel will be "the cemetery of the French"

The seat of the citadel

Montmélian en 1675, gravure de Romeyn de Hooghe.
Spoiler
[close]

After returning to Tarentaise and chasing the Savoyard troops beyond the Petit-Saint-Bernard pass, Lesdiguières took a position at Moutiers to wait for the relief troops to clear Montmelian.
The threat of attack by the Savoyard troops did not frighten the French. The duke of Sully received the authorization of the King of France to besiege with all his artillery the fortress of Montmelian.

The place, commanded by Count de Brandis, is defended by 300 garrison men and 30 guns on the ramparts. In the South it is protected by the Isère that crosses on a bridge to go further in Savoy. To the north, it is surrounded by very high mountains, at the foot of which rises a hill planted with very steep vines.

Before fully engaging in hostilities, the French Command summoned the governor of the place to surrender. But he rejected the proposal with contempt and replied, "If the King approached Montmelian, the glory of the name François would find his tomb there."

But the conflicts between Savoy and France persist, and in 1630 Louis XIII and Richelieu resume Chambery May 17 besiege Montmelian. Despite a siege of thirteen months, the citadel commanded by Jaffre de Bens de Cavour does not capitulate; Louis XIV will besiege it also in 1691 and in 1701.

Taken, the citadel is destroyed in 1706, by order of the king of France and the council of Vauban. The hill that greeted it is now bare and has become a belvedere.

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 03:18:46 pm by profy »

2011-->2017 IVe Corps :heart:

Offline King_George

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: king_george