Author Topic: Hockey Thread  (Read 50212 times)

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Hockey Thread
« Reply #465 on: July 21, 2021, 09:22:48 pm »
Seattle taking Vince Dunn over Tarasenko would be the some of the worst cap I've ever seen
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #466 on: July 21, 2021, 11:43:35 pm »
Seattle taking Vince Dunn over Tarasenko would be the some of the worst cap I've ever seen
eh, dunn's good and VT has injury issues/massive contract

seravelli leaking the entire draft is some truly nhl stuff

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 22, 2021, 01:22:28 am »

If the leaks are right do you really think that dunn is better for this group than vt? Also his contract is not even close to massive 7.5 for 2 more seasons isn't really a big deal for an expansion franchise that looks to be taking a bunch of bums

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 22, 2021, 04:49:22 am »

If the leaks are right do you really think that dunn is better for this group than vt? Also his contract is not even close to massive 7.5 for 2 more seasons isn't really a big deal for an expansion franchise that looks to be taking a bunch of bums
yes, young and good defensemen are better than veteran forwards on large contracts generally

also seattle took yanni gourde and im BIG SAD

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #469 on: July 22, 2021, 05:05:20 am »
well I'll be interested to watch the Seattle-Vancouver games live :D doesnt look like Seattle'll be that great so good thing Vancouver isn't either lol

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 22, 2021, 05:19:34 am »
well I'll be interested to watch the Seattle-Vancouver games live :D doesnt look like Seattle'll be that great so good thing Vancouver isn't either lol
that will be some fire stuff. hopefully it develops into a good rivalry. gourdo will be a terror for the western conference

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #471 on: July 22, 2021, 05:20:12 am »
Apparently the Rangers want to trade for Giordano wonder what they’d give up for the old man
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 22, 2021, 05:44:05 am »

yes, young and good defensemen are better than veteran forwards on large contracts generally

Again his contract isn't large so I don't know why you keep saying that it is. As it sits right now Seattle easily has one of the weakest forward cores in the NHL at least on paper and Dunn doesn't help solve this problem. Is he a good young dman? Absolutely but there were a bunch of good dmen that they could have gotten and very few perennial 30 goal scorers that they could have gotten. If they wanna suck that's fine I guess because they aren't winning anything with this forward core the way it is. Tarasenko doesn't fix everything of course but he at least gets them in the right direction. He is 29 and has been injury bitten these last couple of years but he could have 5-6 more 30 goal seasons in him, Dunn is probably 45 point max defenseman which is a role that could have potentially been filled by players they passed on Butcher, Gostisbehere, Schultz and even DeAngelo (lol).

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 22, 2021, 12:10:23 pm »

Again his contract isn't large so I don't know why you keep saying that it is. As it sits right now Seattle easily has one of the weakest forward cores in the NHL at least on paper and Dunn doesn't help solve this problem. Is he a good young dman? Absolutely but there were a bunch of good dmen that they could have gotten and very few perennial 30 goal scorers that they could have gotten. If they wanna suck that's fine I guess because they aren't winning anything with this forward core the way it is. Tarasenko doesn't fix everything of course but he at least gets them in the right direction. He is 29 and has been injury bitten these last couple of years but he could have 5-6 more 30 goal seasons in him, Dunn is probably 45 point max defenseman which is a role that could have potentially been filled by players they passed on Butcher, Gostisbehere, Schultz and even DeAngelo (lol).

They have 30mil in cap I believe. So free agency is where I assume they will address their forwards.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 22, 2021, 07:28:33 pm »

They have 30mil in cap I believe. So free agency is where I assume they will address their forwards.
Have you looked at this free agent class? The only forwards who are close to VT are Hall and Landeskog. Hall has pretty much been confirmed to stay in Boston and I doubt Landeskog wants to go to an expansion team when he has failed to win with Colorado. The vast majority of FA forwards are either older/past their prime or not on the same level VT as a player. The only others that are even remotely close to VT are Hoffman, Saad, Tatar, and Palmieri. Palmieri is most likely staying on the island and the rest of them are an even bigger question mark than VT is. The FA market argument really only makes taking VT look better for two reasons. Number one they would have a player to build around so chasing other forward FAs forwards would be less of a guessing game and number two they could have chased Hamilton and/or Barrie to fill Dunn's role and still had money left over for forwards to sign alongside VT.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 22, 2021, 08:54:36 pm »
yea tbh not the greatest draft from seattle, the lack of side deals is quite damning

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 24, 2021, 09:08:41 am »
Boring draft then Bergevin comes up.....
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2021, 03:40:27 pm »
We got the Hughes brothers baby. Quinn is next.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 24, 2021, 11:41:05 pm »
Boring draft then Bergevin comes up.....
Spoiler
[close]
that's a brave choice

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #479 on: July 25, 2021, 12:43:58 am »
yea tbh not the greatest draft from seattle, the lack of side deals is quite damning
think they got a good young core, obviously not trying to be a good team right away

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳