Author Topic: Hockey Thread  (Read 50525 times)

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Hockey Thread
« Reply #405 on: June 14, 2021, 07:33:02 am »
Why is everyone hating on my Canadiens??  :'(
they have the worst fanbase out of any team in hockey, cant think of any other teams with worse fans. maybe Philly, Boston?
Chicago, Toronto, Nashville, and Boston are all worse than Montreal. Philly is way over hated and this is coming from a Dallas fan.
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 14, 2021, 07:49:15 am »
god please anyone but vegas

They didn’t even exist a few years ago how could anyone root against them. Can’t wait for Pacioretty to get his revenge.
god your hockey takes make me wanna slit my wrists

Lmao how about this one: Marty > Roy
this is at least debatable whereas rooting against vegas should be self-evident

People are just jealous that Vegas got to skip all the years of being terrible because they did a fantastic job in the expansion draft. I also really don’t like the Canadiens so I hope Vegas creams them.

I can understand why people hate Vegas but to me I just don’t get it. One of the best stories in sports. Can’t wait to watch the “30 for 30” they make about them in the future.

Also I think it helps me cause the Devils are terrible right now. I’d be more upset if I was a contending team and some new team comes in and makes a joke of the league their first go at it. But I fucking loved that shit. Inject it into my veins. I hope Seattle does the same damn thing. And it’s awesome cause the Devils have nothing to lose in the expansion draft haha. We are about to have Jack Hughes and Luke Hughes on the same team.
There is no doubt that what Vegas did in their first year was impressive even if we ignore some of their lucked into success. To me, they are a tacky franchise in a tacky city with entitled tacky fans and unlikeable players. Any franchise that pays Ryan Reaves should not be liked or respected by anybody.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 14, 2021, 09:38:22 am »
Spoiler

They didn’t even exist a few years ago how could anyone root against them. Can’t wait for Pacioretty to get his revenge.

People are just jealous that Vegas got to skip all the years of being terrible because they did a fantastic job in the expansion draft. I also really don’t like the Canadiens so I hope Vegas creams them.

I can understand why people hate Vegas but to me I just don’t get it. One of the best stories in sports. Can’t wait to watch the “30 for 30” they make about them in the future.

Also I think it helps me cause the Devils are terrible right now. I’d be more upset if I was a contending team and some new team comes in and makes a joke of the league their first go at it. But I fucking loved that shit. Inject it into my veins. I hope Seattle does the same damn thing. And it’s awesome cause the Devils have nothing to lose in the expansion draft haha. We are about to have Jack Hughes and Luke Hughes on the same team.
There is no doubt that what Vegas did in their first year was impressive even if we ignore some of their lucked into success. To me, they are a tacky franchise in a tacky city with entitled tacky fans and unlikeable players. Any franchise that pays Ryan Reaves should not be liked or respected by anybody.
[close]
just say you hate black people and leave

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 14, 2021, 10:25:21 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
just say you hate black people and leave
I don't see color, just like you :)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #409 on: June 14, 2021, 11:28:02 pm »
Every single team in the league would love to have Ryan Reaves on it. Same goes for Tom Wilson.

Love to have ‘em hate to play ‘em.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #410 on: June 14, 2021, 11:33:08 pm »
Every single team in the league would love to have Ryan Reaves on it. Same goes for Tom Wilson.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 14, 2021, 11:36:58 pm »

The difference is that players like Tom Wilson, Brad Marchand, and Corey Perry are actually good players that put up points along with being pests. Reaves plays 7 mins a game and can't even kill penalties.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #412 on: June 15, 2021, 12:04:31 am »

The difference is that players like Tom Wilson, Brad Marchand, and Corey Perry are actually good players that put up points along with being pests. Reaves plays 7 mins a game and can't even kill penalties.
They pay him to be Ryan Reaves, not much else is really required from him. Vegas already got a great squad, he plays a role and it's not scoring or playing d

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 15, 2021, 03:59:02 am »

They pay him to be Ryan Reaves, not much else is really required from him. Vegas already got a great squad, he plays a role and it's not scoring or playing d
Nah I don't buy this argument anymore Reaves has a negative impact on the games that he plays in. The most notable moment he has had these playoffs is getting suspended. If you can't score or play d you should not be getting ice time in the NHL. Physical play is important but not worth an entire roster spot.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #414 on: June 15, 2021, 04:40:50 am »

Nah I don't buy this argument anymore Reaves has a negative impact on the games that he plays in. The most notable moment he has had these playoffs is getting suspended. If you can't score or play d you should not be getting ice time in the NHL. Physical play is important but not worth an entire roster spot.
uhhhhh hello ever seen the movie Goon? Every team needs one smh

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 15, 2021, 05:16:24 am »

There’s merit to this, I guess it just depends on what the coach values

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 15, 2021, 01:03:17 pm »
Vegas is probably the deepest team in the league already (maybe the Islanders) so having one guy in the enforcer role is not gonna set their team back at all.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 15, 2021, 10:49:54 pm »
Vegas is probably the deepest team in the league already (maybe the Islanders) so having one guy in the enforcer role is not gonna set their team back at all.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 16, 2021, 12:52:55 am »

I don't have issues with having one or two guys who are in the lineup as muscle just in case, especially if done right (lets go Pat Maroon) but the argument is rather weakened by stuff like this from Reaves

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 16, 2021, 01:49:58 am »

I meant more talent wise but yeah stuff like this is pretty boneheaded.