Author Topic: Hockey Thread  (Read 50195 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Hockey Thread
« Reply #360 on: June 03, 2021, 10:47:02 pm »
He had no intention of stopping the guy from scoring.  He was mad earlier in the game, and was looking for something to take his frustration out on after the game was decided.  There was ~50 seconds left in the game, and it was obvious he was going to score before he made it to him or the puck.  He just wanted to smash someone. 

Anyways, i would guess he will sit out most or all of this series.  I would imagine how injured the other player is will influence it.

Tom Wilson got a $5,000 fine and no suspension for trying to kill the best player on the most popular team in hockey.

Scheifele ain’t getting playoff game suspensions for a clean hit lmao
nothing was clean about that hit bro what are you even saying
That’s not even a clean hit in the 80s

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #361 on: June 03, 2021, 10:50:15 pm »
Hit was perfectly fine. Didn’t leave his feet or even target his head. Was a hockey play at the net. He got there tenths of a second too late to prevent the game sealing goal. I understand people being upset cause yeah he could’ve at least tried to get his stick in the way, but he was going full speed trying to beat the wrap around. Either way he creams the guy, so who the fuck cares. Unfortunate play.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 03, 2021, 10:55:04 pm »
Hit was perfectly fine. Didn’t leave his feet or even target his head. Was a hockey play at the net. He got there tenths of a second too late to prevent the game sealing goal. I understand people being upset cause yeah he could’ve at least tried to get his stick in the way, but he was going full speed trying to beat the wrap around. Either way he creams the guy, so who the fuck cares. Unfortunate play.
If he didn't target the head, why was he unconscious before he hit the ice? Is the brain in the shoulder?
It was clear from his angle and his lack of hand movement that he meant to go for the hit from way out on defenseless player which is not a clean hit in any stretch of the imagination. It was a terrible hit and there's no two ways around that

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 03, 2021, 11:05:27 pm »
If he didn't target the head, why was he unconscious before he hit the ice? Is the brain in the shoulder?
It was clear from his angle and his lack of hand movement that he meant to go for the hit from way out on defenseless player which is not a clean hit in any stretch of the imagination. It was a terrible hit and there's no two ways around that

It was shoulder to chest and your head snaps and hits whatever hits you and the ice too. I’ve hit and been hit in multiple sports. Once he crossed the blue line he stopped skating and in his mind knew he was going for the hit to try and separate him from the puck. Evans should’ve expected to be cracked. Why not have your head up or brace yourself in any way for contact on a wrap around when there’s SIX men on the ice for the opponent. If Evans hops back up it’s just a great hit but because he was hurt it is a much bigger deal. I don’t think he should get suspended more than two games. I know the NHL will want to set an example, even tho I don’t believe it was intentionally a dirty hit.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 03, 2021, 11:23:17 pm »

It was shoulder to chest and your head snaps and hits whatever hits you and the ice too. I’ve hit and been hit in multiple sports. Once he crossed the blue line he stopped skating and in his mind knew he was going for the hit to try and separate him from the puck. Evans should’ve expected to be cracked. Why not have your head up or brace yourself in any way for contact on a wrap around when there’s SIX men on the ice for the opponent. If Evans hops back up it’s just a great hit but because he was hurt it is a much bigger deal. I don’t think he should get suspended more than two games. I know the NHL will want to set an example, even tho I don’t believe it was intentionally a dirty hit.

Image from Gyazo" width="231

if he had kept skating he could have had a chance at stopping the goal, he slowed up to deliberately line up a hit. his head is down because he's trying to put the puck into an open net... he knew exactly he was doing here and I'm not sure how you're seeing it any other way.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 03, 2021, 11:56:43 pm »

if he had kept skating he could have had a chance at stopping the goal, he slowed up to deliberately line up a hit. his head is down because he's trying to put the puck into an open net... he knew exactly he was doing here and I'm not sure how you're seeing it any other way.

That picture is after initial contact. He was planted skates on the ice and shoulder to chest when he delivered the hit. If he had kept skating he would have been going thru the boards into the stands. He was gliding at top speed into the hit. It was a bang bang play. Again, if the player gets up after the hit this is just a sportscenter highlight. Scheifele is not a dirty player.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2021, 12:30:23 am »
Schiefs may not be a dirty player but that was a dirty hit lol

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2021, 12:54:59 am »
Schiefs may not be a dirty player but that was a dirty hit lol
I don't know why he of all people did this, but there's no 2 ways around it. That was an awful hit that benefits nobody, made entirely out of frustration and anger.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 04, 2021, 01:04:36 am »
Spoiler

That picture is after initial contact. He was planted skates on the ice and shoulder to chest when he delivered the hit. If he had kept skating he would have been going thru the boards into the stands. He was gliding at top speed into the hit. It was a bang bang play. Again, if the player gets up after the hit this is just a sportscenter highlight. Scheifele is not a dirty player.
[close]
I didn't think you were actually this dense so here we goooo

watch this: https://twitter.com/cwilliams_384/status/1400289054399287296

and look at this:

do you still believe he was "gliding" and this is a "bang bang play"

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 04, 2021, 02:05:17 am »
Yeah he started gliding from the point “at full speed” like I literally said. He was going for the hit to try and separate the guy from the puck. Fucking blasted him a fraction of a second after he scored. Nothing else he could have done at this point except allow a goal and still plow into the guy going full speed. No idea what you expect to happen.

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1400504737863286785?s=21

He’s getting 4 games confirmed now btw

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 04, 2021, 03:41:27 am »
Yeah he started gliding from the point “at full speed” like I literally said. He was going for the hit to try and separate the guy from the puck. Fucking blasted him a fraction of a second after he scored. Nothing else he could have done at this point except allow a goal and still plow into the guy going full speed. No idea what you expect to happen.

here i was thinking you actually knew the rules but based off the "I've been hit in sports before" I should have known otherwise.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 04, 2021, 04:19:55 am »

here i was thinking you actually knew the rules but based off the "I've been hit in sports before" I should have known otherwise.

I know what charging is lol. Dude went all the way across the ice to make a potential game saving play.  He got penalized for it during the game. The hit itself was not dirty in my opinion and does not warrant a suspension. But that’s just my opinion, and he got his suspension already. 4 games. Doesn’t change the way I see it, nor does it change your view either. The only reason the hit was deemed “dirty” was cause the guy got hurt, and that’s it.

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #372 on: June 04, 2021, 04:40:24 am »

I know what charging is lol. Dude went all the way across the ice to make a potential game saving play.  He got penalized for it during the game. The hit itself was not dirty in my opinion and does not warrant a suspension. But that’s just my opinion, and he got his suspension already. 4 games. Doesn’t change the way I see it, nor does it change your view either. The only reason the hit was deemed “dirty” was cause the guy got hurt, and that’s it.
If he had extended his stick to try and poke it or something then probably it wouldn't be 4 games and you could argue that was an unfortunate hockey play. but he didn't. He didn't try to go for the puck, he instead went for the head full speed

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2021, 04:48:58 am »

If he had extended his stick to try and poke it or something then probably it wouldn't be 4 games and you could argue that was an unfortunate hockey play. but he didn't. He didn't try to go for the puck, he instead went for the head full speed

Initial hit was shoulder to chest. He played the man and not the puck. I can understand the thought process of wanting to separate the man from the puck before he could finish the wrap around. Obviously it didn’t work out and he got there late, but his only chance of actually stopping that was to get him off of the puck.

Anyways can’t believe Boston just won on that shot lmao. Great goaltending all game just to get sniped from an awful angle.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #374 on: June 08, 2021, 05:17:39 am »
Glad my Canadiens got the sweep! 8)