Author Topic: We Need to Remember Who We Are and What We Do!  (Read 5903 times)

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
  • Side: Neutral
Re: We Need to Remember Who We Are and What We Do!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 02:07:32 pm »
Dude, I really think we should set aside caring who wins and who doesn't. If you are a small regiment, just stay back and take long range shots as the large regiments tank the damage. I really think we need to have a regimental leader meeting and figure out a way to recreate proper battles with hundreds of players having a gunbattle in the middle of the map really. The Patriot movie comes to mind =)

Thundersnow has done it already, his mode is called Flag Wars. Every line must stay within 30 yards of the color company (friendly line w/the flag). Round ends when the enemy colors are captured.

I love the mode, it forces regiments to fight as a battalion. The problem is most regiment leaders use the tactics that you have described and the color company moves w/o telling other regiments sometimes.

The 1st one was good, mainly because Millander would inform what his plan was through team chat, he would find a good piece of ground and let the other regiments form around him.

It works when you pick a good color company...the problem is most reg leaders want to do their own thing which is unfortunate.

i think it could work with big regiments/ brigades where they share a voice chat and work together regularly, then I could see it working. One thought though the 30yds rule should be different for non-line regiments as it would be really restrictive (think what would happen if both sides had arty) but other than that I like the idea

what about a variation using a small group of cav as generals staff and the lines have to follow them around instead of a command company
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 02:43:41 pm »
Dude, I really think we should set aside caring who wins and who doesn't. If you are a small regiment, just stay back and take long range shots as the large regiments tank the damage. I really think we need to have a regimental leader meeting and figure out a way to recreate proper battles with hundreds of players having a gunbattle in the middle of the map really. The Patriot movie comes to mind =)

Thundersnow has done it already, his mode is called Flag Wars. Every line must stay within 30 yards of the color company (friendly line w/the flag). Round ends when the enemy colors are captured.

I love the mode, it forces regiments to fight as a battalion. The problem is most regiment leaders use the tactics that you have described and the color company moves w/o telling other regiments sometimes.

The 1st one was good, mainly because Millander would inform what his plan was through team chat, he would find a good piece of ground and let the other regiments form around him.

It works when you pick a good color company...the problem is most reg leaders want to do their own thing which is unfortunate.

Lol my fault...I didn't see Thunder already replied to this thread.

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:01 pm »
One thought though the 30yds rule should be different for non-line regiments as it would be really restrictive (think what would happen if both sides had arty)

Yeah that's the greatest part.  It's a bloodbath.

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 09:29:43 pm »
Yeah that's the greatest part.  It's a bloodbath.
Sadist...  >:(
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.