Author Topic: NA All-Star Competition *RE-HOSTED*  (Read 45185 times)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
NA All-Star Competition *RE-HOSTED*
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:09:38 pm »
Introduction

The North American All-Star Competition is a unique  multi-day infantry tournament that will involve multiple individual skill and team-based skill events featuring two competing teams. This tournament's goal is to help bring some fun, friendly competition into the community.

How it will work
It will start with captain and player sign ups. Each team will consist of 1 captain, 2 assistant captains, and 20-30 players (depending on the number of sign-ups). Once captains have been elected a TeamSpeak draft will be held and a date for the 1st round of events will be given. Note: If you want to participate you must sign up, you will not be added to a team if you are not signed up. A grace period of 1 week will be given for late sign ups. If you sign up for someone (for whatever reason), please add a screenshot of their consent. Round 1 of competitions will be focused on individual skill, round 2 will be focused on team-play, round 3 will be a team vs team group-fight and round 4 will be a team vs team line battle.

Role of the Captains: Captains will be responsible for selecting their roster during the draft and deciding who from their roster will represent their team in each of the events (they may of course, choose to participate themselves), as well as leading their line in the linebattle finale.
Role of the Assistant Captains: Assistant captains will be responsible for helping the captain make choices during the draft and competitions. They may also fill in for the captain in the event of his absence.

Teams
Team 1
Captain 1/1:Waste
Assistant Captains 2/2:RussianFury
Orcaryo
Roster 17/17:
PJ
KnightofSaintJohn
KillerShark
Fireboy
Vortex
Saltyy-
BilltheButcher
Jorge
Sanders
Anthony
Skyz
Yoshie
Glenn
Theodin
Liquid
Nevino
PurplePanda

(Subs)
MATT
DantheChef
Marceaux
Carson
JollyCanadian
Windflower
Predurrdurr
Bauer
Roggeh

[close]
Team 2
Captain 1/1:Alexander
Assistant Captains 2/2:AsianP
Maccle
Roster 17/17:
Godfreid
KovyJack
Maple
Cade
The Marksman
FancyPants
NickCole
Puppytron
Ramelon
Dukers
Sleek
Winters
Shinto
Lurvy
Pedro
Chev
Risk

(Subs)
CurtisShutler
Jakester
GokuTheKiller
Lawbringer
CluelessWill
Amit
Wiki
Mmarci
BabyJ

[close]

Competitions & Rounds
Round 1 - Individual Skill:
Duel Round
For this round, each captain will select 10 members from their roster to represent their team. Each of these players will fight one first to 7 against a member of the opposing team. Rounds for these first to 7's will be converted to points, with the winner getting a +1 for their victory.
Bonus Round - Single Elimination: The 10 players from each team will line up across from each other and fight 1 at a time as put forward by their captain. For this round, each kill will add 1 bonus point for the duel round, at the end of this round, every member left standing will also add a point, a clean sweep will count for double.
Rules:No unit but line infantry may be used, no engaging before the ref says to.
[close]
Chamber Round
For this round, each captain will select 5 members from their roster who will engage in a first to three, stationary chamber battle. Each successful chamber will count as 1 point, with a +1 being awarded for each kill.
Bonus round - No Blocking: For this round, each member will fight a first to 5, chamber only duel, however unlike the previous round, both participants will  be allowed to move, use holds, stun chamber, kick etc. just no blocking!
Rules: No unit but line infantry may be used, coin toss will determine who attacks first if no one volunteers, no engaging before the ref says to, players may not be recycled from the duel round
[close]
Blocking Round
For this round 5 members from each team will face a duo from the opposing team. The individual players may only block, not attack. They will be awarded +1 point for every 10 seconds they survive, and +1 point for every successful block. If a teamkill occurs, the round will be stopped, and the individual will be awarded 10 points (plus whatever they had before). The duo will not be awarded any points during this round, their objective is entirely about denying points.
Bonus round - Clutch: During this round, the no attacking rule is lifted. The individual player will get +10 points for a kill and +5 points for a teamkill. If they clutch in under 10 seconds, their points will be doubled.
Rules: Line Infantry only, do not engage before the ref says to. If a teamkill happens after the death of the individual player, it doesn't count. Players may not be recycled from the chamber or duel rounds.
[close]

Round 2 - Teamwork:
3v3
Team Captains will create a 3v3 team from their roster and will fight in a first to 7 match against an opposing 3v3 team. Same as in the duel round, a +1 will be given to the winner.
Bonus Round - The Captains: In this round, the captain and assistant captains of each team will fight a first to 7 against each other.
Rules: Line infantry only, don't engage before the ref says to.
[close]
5v5
Team Captains will again create a 5v5 team from their roster, who will fight in a first to 7. The victors will again be given a +1
Bonus round - Survival points: The 5v5 teams will rematch in first to 5, each round will count for a point as will every member left alive at the end.
Rules: Line infantry only, no engaging before the ref gives the okay, players who participated in the 3v3 may not be recycled for the 5v5
[close]
10v10
Team Captains will create a 10v10 team from their roster who will fight in a first to 7 match against each other. The victors again will be given a +1
Bonus round - Survival points x2: The 10v10 teams will rematch in first to 5, each round will count for a point. Every member left alive will add +2 points, a clean sweep will count for double.
Rules: Line infantry only, no engaging before the ref gives the okay, players who participated in the 3v3 or 5v5 may not be recycled for the 5v5
[close]

Round 3 - Team vs Team Groupfight:
Rules
For the team vs team groupfight, everyone on both teams will be brought in to do a first to 20 group fight match. Each round will count as a point, as will each surviving member at the end each round. In the event of a clean sweep, each surviving member will count as 2 points. Neither side may +1, both sides must give their ready and wait for the ref to say go.
[close]

Round 4 - Team vs Team Linebattle:
Rules
For the team vs team linebattle, everyone on both teams will be brought in to do a best of 10 linebattle. Most NWL rules will apply (no OA, no FoC, No FoL, No RoL, Line Infantry only etc.) Each round will count as a point, as will each surviving member at the end of each round, in the unlikely event of a clean sweep, each surviving member will count as +2 points. Like the group fight, neither side may +1, they must be even. You obviously do not need to wait for the ref to say go. Hill camping is limited to 2 minutes.
[close]
Bonus round - Classic style
For this round, we will bring back the classic style for linebattles, best of 3 maps, best of 3 rounds each map.
[close]

Applications
Captain Application
Community Name :
Regiment :
Why do you think you would be a good team captain?:
Captain/Leading Experience :
[close]
Player Application
Community Name :
Steam link :
Regiment :
Competitive Experience :
[close]

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:02:47 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
Re: NA All-Star Competition *RE-HOSTED*
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 11:11:08 pm »
Scores
Team "Lemme Smash"
216 Points
*Breakdown of Round 1*
Dueling Round: 54pts
Chamber Round: 35 points
Blocking Round : 25 points

*Breakdown of Round 2*
3v3 Round: 8 points
5v5 Round: 27 points
10v10 Round: 67 points
[close]
Blademasters
176 Points
*Breakdown of Round 1*
Dueling Round: 66 points
Chamber Round: 30 points
Blocking Round: 2 points

*Breakdown of Round 2*
3v3 Round: 3 points
5v5 round: 17 points
10v10 round:58 points
[close]

Time and Date of Round 3:Sunday, April 30th @ 8pm EST
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 05:22:25 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:13:58 pm »
Alright, this time I have the time to focus on this tournament, and I won't be opening it up to Cavalry/Artillery/Sappers or whatever else to distract me. Though, cavalry are free to copy the old thread I made for the cavalry tournament if they wish to use it (but again, I will not being playing a role in that). Sign Ups are Open.

Edit: Round 5 (Captain Groupfight) was removed for redundancy, as it's already a bonus round in the 3v3.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:16:33 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline The Predurrdurr

• Second Lieutenant
  • Glenn is the true Erwin Rommel of NW
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 11:16:08 pm »
Community Name :ThePredurrdurr
Steam link :https://steamcommunity.com/id/The_Predurrdurr/
Regiment :Nr8[LG]
Competitive Experience :NANWL,and/Orcs/duel/tourneys
Everytime I hear Predurrdurrs voice, I nut in the shape of slashes

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 11:16:14 pm »
Community Name : Orcaryo
Regiment : LG
Why do you think you would be a good team captain?: I beat Asian 7-3, and I play this game a lot, and groupfight way too much for the average Orcaryo. Plus I am a Godfreid
Captain/Leading Experience : Captain of 38e groupfighting team(Swiss Cheese), led regiments before.

Steam link : https://steamcommunity.com/id/orcaryo/
Competitive Experience : I beat Asian 7-3

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 11:18:05 pm »

Why do you think you would be a good team captain?: I beat Asian 7-3, and I play this game a lot, and groupfight way too much for the average Orcaryo. Plus I am a Godfreid
Captain/Leading Experience : Captain of 38e groupfighting team(Swiss Cheese), led regiments before.

Steam link : https://steamcommunity.com/id/orcaryo/
Competitive Experience : I beat Asian 7-3

Both added, thanks for signing up!  :D

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 11:23:58 pm »

It's now the 29th of March.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 11:25:14 pm »

I should remove this for fake news. But I'll allow it.

Also, read what I wrote at the end of the thread before I had it locked. I said I let it die cause there seemed to be a lack of interest. But due to people showing interest in it it again and me having time to host it again, I'm going to give it a second shot.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:27:43 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline The Predurrdurr

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 11:25:28 pm »

S A V A G E

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 11:26:09 pm »
*Alternative facts*

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 11:29:35 pm »

S A V A G E

Do you have a spacebar or not  ???

Offline The Predurrdurr

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 11:30:34 pm »

S A V A G E

Do you have a spacebar or not  ???

no

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 11:49:49 pm »
sub

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 11:51:22 pm »
Community Name: Jakester
Steam link: www.steamcommunity.com/id/Salt33
Regiment: 41st
Competitive Experience: NANWL S6 w/ 63e (Second Place), NANWL S7 w/ 41st, many 1v1s and such

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 11:53:40 pm »
Community Name : Theodin
Steam link : smh
Regiment : Nr8
Competitive Experience : carrying you in NWWC

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)