Author Topic: Theodin's Book of Melee  (Read 70789 times)

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
Re: Theodin's Book of Melee: Chapter Two Recently Released!
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2017, 06:23:25 pm »
REEEEE

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2017, 06:26:48 pm »
By essence, there will be a lot of names in the Groupfighting chapter

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Vortecks

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt_LtCol_Vortex
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2017, 11:33:58 pm »
as the best groupfighter to ever touch a laptop trackpad, my name better be on there theo.
Like my daddy always said, you always gotta get the nut.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2017, 11:36:53 pm »
as the best groupfighter to ever touch a laptop trackpad, my name better be on there theo.
y'all mind if i say no

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Suns

« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2017, 01:20:34 am »
I 10v1'd the 3e in a gf match.

chapter pls

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2017, 01:22:42 am »
When is chapter 3 coming out?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline PJ

• Colonel
  • Beneath the gold, the bitter steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PJ
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2017, 04:30:33 am »
A year of underdogs

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline PJ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2017, 08:59:42 pm »
well its june 12 so realese plz
A year of underdogs

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2017, 01:05:14 am »
why do u care bitterboy ur not in it l0l

Offline PJ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2017, 01:47:31 am »
why do u care bitterboy ur not in it l0l

Be quiet little sapling, the only thing you are known for is being weak and slender at the trunk you small thing.
A year of underdogs

MATT123456789

« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2017, 10:25:30 pm »
5/10 guide, really only giving you the 5 because of the effort and amount you have written.

Chapter one, I'd say about 40 percent of that you got wrong about the players play styles and how to counter them.

But Chapter two is just absolutely terrible and teaches practically nothing of value.

You taught one type of attack, the sweep stab, and didn't talk about block chambers, feint-chambers, stun-chambers,  feint-attacks, down spam, up spam, range spam, footlance, or holds.

With the movement section you are vague, and don't include how to stun the opponent longer, or how to lessen the stun from attacking, which, are the two most important things in high level duels.

No section on baiting, which is everything in high level duels, but seeing as how you are a mid tier duelist you wouldn't know anything about that.

No section on kicking.

No section on feinting.

You didn't explain stab damage in relation to distance.

Didn't explain glances.

Somewhat explained sidestepping, but you didn't explain that you had to be positioned on the opponents shoulder, before you start the side step, or how the opponent has to be either W keying into you, or holding the same key as the one that you are using to side step, so If I'm using the D key to sidestep, they would have to be holding the W key or the D key, and if they are using the A key, I can't sidestep, because they will be blocking me off.

I hope your groupfighting section is pretty good, since you are a pretty good gf'er
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 10:30:42 pm by MATT123456789 »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2017, 10:54:10 pm »
Thanks for the feedback - however, I would note that some of the criticisms you listed are inaccurate, e.g - stab damage is not affected by distance (to a certain degree) but by stab type and movement.
I appreciate the feedback - I made my criteria a bit too wide with chapter two, so I may add a chapter 4 going a bit more in depth. :D