Author Topic: I need help with my Warband. All nerves are lost...  (Read 7987 times)

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
I need help with my Warband. All nerves are lost...
« on: February 26, 2013, 07:19:32 pm »
Hi,

This is a problem that has been happening since the Monday after Thanksgiving last year. I had asked on TaleWorlds for help, and got very little of it. And, even the stuff that I was told to do didn't work. So, here I am, absolutely fucking pissed, that I can't play my Mount and Blade games without extreme fps lag. I come to this forum and community to vouch for help to see if you all can help me fix my Mount and Blade games. Here is the the rundown:

Since the Monday after Thanksgiving of last year, I have been receiving absolutely huge fps drops and my Mount and Blade games struggle to get an fps higher than 40. First thing's first, yes... I am running Dx7. It was the first thing I did when this happened. Prior to this "random" incident, which is prior to the week of thanksgiving, I was able to run all Mount and Blade games on High Graphics with 120fps or more, and it was a stable rate. The only time it would drop if there was a very heavy concentration of players around me, or if there was mass explosions. But, even then, it would only drop to 100fps, very, very, very playable, and hardly noticeable fps drop. So, I'm incredibly unsure of what happened over that week, I hadn't used my computer even in the slightest, since I was not home for the whole week. I have done, literally, everything I can think of, and was told to do from the TaleWorlds forum.

Here's a list of everything I have done, but to no avail:
1. Switch the game to Dx7, didn't work...
2. Lower all settings to the lowest possible with Dx7, didn't work...
3. Set the fps allocation of Mount and Blade games to only 60fps, same as my monitor refresh rate, didn't work...
4. When running a Mount and Blade game, I set the MnB Task to highest priority, doesn't work, and makes the lag even worse...
5. I have tried fiddling with all settings and memory allocation, didn't work...
6. Checked to see if all video driver updates were installed, they weren't, updated, still nothing...
7. Checked sound driver updates, video driver updates, etc., didn't work...
8. I even changed the settings in my NVidia control panel, didn't work...

I come to you all for help. My nerves have run out, and I can't even fucking play this game anymore without raging because of this lag. Its very rare that I can get higher than 40fps. The only time I get the full 60fps is if the Mount and Blade games are on very small maps, and are barely populated. I can't think of anything else I've done, and I know the list is bigger. Please, friends... I come to you in my hour of need. I'm a Marin de la Garde. I have to be able to kick ass, not get my ass kicked by nooby pubbers.

Thank you, kindly...

KPets

Edit: If it helps, here are my computer specs:

GeForce 9800 GTX +

4GB RAM (3.33gb is being allocated for use)

Windows 7 32-bit OS.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:57:37 pm by kpetschulat »

Offline Moogs

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Moogs
  • Side: Neutral
Re: I need help with my Warband. All nerves are lost...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 01:50:54 pm »
Reading the list I don't think you have followed this step yet.

nVidia FPS drop.

I'm not sure if this problem has been solved with more recent graphic card updates but it is worth a try if you are out of options.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
Re: I need help with my Warband. All nerves are lost...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 04:40:02 pm »
Moogs, I have not tried that yet. If it works, I will give you a courtesy reach-around. :D

Edit: Moogs, what you suggested worked! :D After about 2 hours of restoring, rolling back,and installing new drivers, I can finally play my Warband with no lag. It's back to normal. I can't thank you enough. I am locking the thread, because the problem has been solved.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:50:57 pm by kpetschulat »