Author Topic: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7] Champions: LG & AEF!  (Read 127139 times)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7 - Sign-ups Open!]
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2017, 06:04:47 am »
Or keep it like every other season? There are regiments who should be in league 2 who signed up. Putting them in league 1 would be a terrible idea.

+1

Some regiments can't compete in League 1, and it's not fun for them to be forced to play against top tier regiments, and there's not really any sport in it for top tier regiments. This only leads to driving regiments away from competitive play as they end up feeling there's no place for them in it.

Keeping 2 leagues should be a no-brainer, that's how it's always been run (minus S5) and it's always worked just fine, why mess with it?
How would it be determined which regiment goes where

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
  • Side: Union
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2017, 06:14:03 am »
Terrible reffing has been killing 1v1s of late, so whoever is going to critique the refs can't mince words. I'd rather have less refs of better quality than more of worse quality.
If people have complaints about Refs they can always post a complaint and the Mods will attend to it. But the League hasn't even started yet so you shouldn't have any complaints. Everyone has to have a little faith in Amit and the rest of the team. All the Refs and Mods were picked for a reason. I know everyone just wants the League to run smoothly but you have to understand that we want the same thing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:16:57 am by Pickle »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2017, 06:26:31 am »
Yes, I understand that, and I appreciate that, and I've communicated these concerns to the right people privately, but I judged that this is a topic that has been increasingly prevalent of late.
The list of moderators I give an A for quality, and I just want to see that quality in the referees as well.

Also, Lurvy, I wish I could guarantee activity, but I can't, so..

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2017, 06:32:11 am »
Just gonna throw this out there, but it'd be a bit weird to not run two leagues. There's an obvious skill gap between a number of the regiments that are signed up, so it makes no sense to keep everyone in the same league. It'd be akin to tying them to the tracks in front of an oncoming train. My reg was put into the wrong league last year and we got ass blasted every match. That's the kind of thing that needs to be avoided.

Also, good to see another reg sign up, but what's up with having the same name as Jakester's:
Regiment Name: 41st Welsh Regiment
Leader's Steam: SuperSecretMaple
Other Contact's Steam: Lawbringer
Estimated Attendance: 15-25
Do you accept the rules?: I do, amen.

I feel like ample confusion will result from this.

I have 3 questions

1.  Has there been any decision made yet as to if there will be two leagues or not?  I know at least 1 more regiment will be signing up.  (Maple's 41st) I would prefer 2 leagues as it would provide a shorter season while maintaining the regular NWL format and on top of that it'd be more fun/fair for the "lower tier" regiments.

2.  Could the match ban for player's swapping regiments be lowered to 1 match, or at the very least less than 3?  Three matches is extremely extensive for someone just swapping from one reg to another, especially if this is the one and only time they do it.  If a person swaps many times I believe it should be handled on more of a case by case basis.  It worked for NAPL and it was heavily discussed at the end of last season.

3.  Could double reggers be allowed as long as only 1 of the regiments they are in is in NWL?  Also worked fine for NAPL and many players that I know would like to split their time between a non-NWL pub reg and an NWL reg in order to not void their prior commitments but still be able to participate in competition.

1. Answered at beginning of this post.

2. It's already been changed since last June, but not updated on the thread just yet. It's one of the areas we touched on in our meeting today.
I don't see any harm in sharing what's available right now, BUT THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE:

Rule 15
Players added to the NANWL roster after the season has begun are subject to penalties:

[No penalty]           Brand new players and unaffiliated returning players.
[1 match sit-out]    Any active player not previously in the regiment for at least 3 weeks. 
[2 match sit-out]    Player transferring from an active reg into a reg enrolled in NANWL. 
[close]

3. Still being discussed.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:04:25 am by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2017, 07:16:35 am »
Or keep it like every other season? There are regiments who should be in league 2 who signed up. Putting them in league 1 would be a terrible idea.

+1

Some regiments can't compete in League 1, and it's not fun for them to be forced to play against top tier regiments, and there's not really any sport in it for top tier regiments. This only leads to driving regiments away from competitive play as they end up feeling there's no place for them in it.

Keeping 2 leagues should be a no-brainer, that's how it's always been run (minus S5) and it's always worked just fine, why mess with it?
How would it be determined which regiment goes where

I assume the same way they have done it the last 6 seasons? Not sure why everyone is all of a sudden getting worried about little stuff. Amit, Godfriend and Label have done this before. The new Mods have ref for NWL and some even Mod for TNWL. Let them do their thing.

Also Theodin stop being a bitch and sign up as a ref.
I was just saying because as people have said recently including yourself, past seasons there have been multiple power houses to play for the league. This season all the skill is fairly balanced across the board

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2017, 09:23:10 am »
We NEED 1 league with the fastest schedule possible to ensure stability through the season. If you look at other seasons for example multiple leagues and long event times have been plagued and crippled because of disbanded regiments. The community is simply to small and fragile to have multiple leagues and an event that runs for multiple months.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2017, 09:27:32 am »
And if a regiment doesn't want to compete on the highest level why the fuck are they in NWL? This is supposed to be the pro league our version of NFL/NBA etc step up and try to be the best or go play scrim 1v1s so your feelings don't get hurt. Better yet let's pusify our league some more and give the losers trophys! It's a fucking video game.

And also where is this massive skill gap? Which regiments are to shitty to 1v1 the other regs?

Isn't NAPL for casuals?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:40:41 am by Marceaux »

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2017, 09:42:02 am »
And if a regiment doesn't want to compete on the highest level why the fuck are they in NWL? This is supposed to be the pro league our version of NFL/NBA etc step up and try to be the best or go play scrim 1v1s so your feelings don't get hurt. Better yet let's pusify our league some more and give the losers trophys! It's a fucking video game.

And also where is this massive skill gap? Which regiments are to shitty to 1v1 the other regs?

Isn't NAPL for casuals?

Its comments like these that make me laugh and say Marceaux are you drunk again?

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2017, 09:43:24 am »
The blunt truth may offend or provide humor. But it is still the truth.  :P

Offline Amit_

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2017, 09:53:44 am »
Are you aware that every season of NANWL contained two or more leagues with the exception of Season 5? Are you aware that having a single league and/or a lot of regiments in a single league is what prolongs a season? The very thing you suggest is what would cause the undesirable outcome.

Season 1
League 1:  1a Svea Livgarde
League 2:  12th "East Suffolk" Regiment of Foot
Season 2
League 1:  63eme Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
League 2:  5th Northumberland Fusiliers
Season 3
League 1:  71st (Highland) Regiment of Foot
League 2:  Nr.37 Infanterie Regiment "Freiherr von Auffenberg"
Season 4
League 1:  63eme Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
League 2:  United States Marine Corps
Season 5
Tie:  63eme Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne & 91st Argyllshire Highland Regiment
Season 6
League 1:  3eme Voltigeur de la Garde (3eVolt)
League 2:  Pontifical Swiss Guard
League 3:  2eLivGarde
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:55:37 am by Amit_ »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2017, 10:02:36 am »
Are you aware that every season of NANWL contained two or more leagues with the exception of Season 5? Are you aware that having a single league and/or a lot of regiments in a single league is what prolongs a season? The very thing you suggest is what would cause the undesirable outcome.

Of course I am aware are you?  The 2nd league usually ends in shambles and someone wins because over half the regs disband or stop coming to matches. And there are SEVERAL ways to accommodate 1 league in a timely manner. If you can't figure that out then how are you head admin? And to question my past experiences and knowledge of NA leagues is pretty funny honestly considering I started the first NA league that directly led into the creation of NA NWL. And I can't really recall you being active in NWL Yet I've been here before the start and involved in nearly every season since it's creation.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:05:03 am by Marceaux »

Offline Amit_

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2017, 10:05:49 am »
For someone who has a lot of experience with leagues, you don't seem to be familiar with how smoothly Season 6 ran in each league. Leagues 1 and 2 both concluded without any issues and moved onto the champonship matches without issue as well. Don't live in the past, Marceaux. Live in the present. I don't need to have been active in competitive NW 6 years ago to know what I'm doing. I ran a huge portion of NANWL last year and I'm quite certain that it's not just going to fall apart randomly this year.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:08:04 am by Amit_ »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2017, 10:09:23 am »
You are an idiot if you think NA NWL cannot make improvements. And yes brag about the only season I was away in the community for. I doubt it was a perfect season.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:11:27 am by Marceaux »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2017, 10:10:35 am »
League 2 was very smooth when i won it leading Nr37

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2017, 10:14:51 am »
But hey does it really matter honestly?  Nah I guess not, 6te going to win either way.  :P