Author Topic: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7] Champions: LG & AEF!  (Read 127426 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7 - Sign-ups Open!]
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2017, 11:24:24 pm »
If there are concerns about referee quality, have outside independent observers critique them. Mods/other refs can do it as well, but it's more legitimate when an outside group does it.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2017, 11:32:01 pm »
If there are concerns about referee quality, have outside independent observers critique them. Mods/other refs can do it as well, but it's more legitimate when an outside group does it.

I forgot to mention that subject in my previous post, as well. There were some suggestions to have refs find some 1v1s to ref to show competency. It's an idea that I had played around with a bit in my head last week, but I hadn't mentioned it yet because I wanted to get the opinions of the mods on it first. Some others and I agree that it's a good thing and no ref should feel out of place doing it since that is what they are signing up for in the first place. In the past couple weeks, I've already been hooking up regiments with refs using NANWL rules, so perhaps a more systematic approach for doing that as ref prep could work.

Any actual refs (both old and new) want to weigh in on this?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:06:37 am by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2017, 11:35:39 pm »
Even though I'm not a ref.. that seems like a wonderful idea. Get a little preseason in. Also get a good quality control process. All i'm saying is if someone complains about reffing to a moderator or referee, they have less reason to do something about it because they're in the process. Someone independent ensuring quality/complaints is more effective.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2017, 12:04:27 am »
Godfried- Super active in the community...

Sorry, just laughed at this.

Offline Amit_

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2017, 12:06:04 am »
Even though I'm not a ref.. that seems like a wonderful idea. Get a little preseason in. Also get a good quality control process. All i'm saying is if someone complains about reffing to a moderator or referee, they have less reason to do something about it because they're in the process. Someone independent ensuring quality/complaints is more effective.

Yes indeed. And to be more clear I meant people who have reffed in the past and not just the Season 7-selected refs.

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2017, 12:15:01 am »
I wholly agree with Theodin's statement. A good preseason to test the abilities of the referees can do nothing except help. A good referee core helps the season to run better and improves the overall experience of everyone involved.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2017, 12:39:20 am »
Damn Theodin stealing my thunder and then adding a bit to it xD <3

I'd still like to help out more with this league so here we go ;-)

Community Name: Wastee
Steam Profile URL: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/LeibGrenadierReg
Current Regiment (if applicable): LG
Have you read all the rules closely?: Yes
Do you have any prior experience?: I have reffed for a few seasons of NANWL and other 1v1s on the side, I was the head admin of FG_Groupfighting when it was big, though I was 13 at that time, and have admined multiple other servers. Lastly, I helped run the Renegade Army Event hosted by Tico.
Why would you be a good referee?: I have been in this community since 2012 and participated in every NANWL and TNWL except for season 6. Though people may consider me a troll due to me leading the Nr37 for a long time they never really knew the Nr37. I get very irritated when referees make bad decisions, and I'm not a hard ass like some of them. Finally I have good standings with nearly every regiment but the only clear regiment I prefer is my own.
Will you make NANWL your priority?: I will be gone for a large chunk of February but almost always free past that.
(within reasonable limits)

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Rifleman Nicholas

• Captain
  • Ex-Colonel of the 4th. I run Aftershock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nico
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2017, 01:28:09 am »

why'd you laugh?

Godfreid is LtCol of the 4th and is at every event.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:31:14 am by Amit_ »
Mostly known for running the 4th. More about me.
Rip my nigga Nico Got hit on tha streets for startin his rap career. The drillaz pulled up wit dey shooters
Nico's playing 4D chess and we're all playing checkers smh

Offline Amit_

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2017, 01:31:46 am »

why'd you laugh?

Godfreid is LtCol of the 4th and is at every event.

Confirmed:
https://youtu.be/E1LETC-weiE?t=3s

Offline Rifleman Nicholas

• Captain
  • Ex-Colonel of the 4th. I run Aftershock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nico
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2017, 01:39:38 am »
I legitmatly doubt the experience of the staff running this large of an event especially one that is regarded so highly in the community. I honestly see this season dying out half way though. The list of moderators is hugely concerning. And honestly I feel like the league lacks the active adminiatration required for success.
Hmmm let's analyse that for a sec.
Myself - Owner of NA_Gf for 2+ years, previous mod of NANWL, reffed 50+ 1v1's or LB's
Pickle -Moderator of NA_GF for probably over a year now, reffed also countless 1v1's or LB's
Amit - Lead a large regiment, ran large events, previous Mod of NANWL, reffed countless 1v1's and events
GlukTheWalrus - Modded TNWL, also reffed a bunch of 1v1's
Nappy- Leads a regiment that's been active for a super long time, reffed a bunch of 1v1's
Godfried- Super active in the community, had a large voice in season 6.

Yeah.... No experience....

Also tack on that godfreid ran the NADL for two seasons and helped run TNWL Season 2
Mostly known for running the 4th. More about me.
Rip my nigga Nico Got hit on tha streets for startin his rap career. The drillaz pulled up wit dey shooters
Nico's playing 4D chess and we're all playing checkers smh

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2017, 02:32:56 am »
While I appreciate the support on the preseason, (it wasn't my idea also) I again stress the need for outside feedback. like how you, amit, aren't in any reg in the league for neutrality. Have an outside, non-ref/moderation team to give critical feedback on the refs.

Offline BmCx_Blacklabel

• First Lieutenant
  • Owner and Head Admin of NA_Groupfighting.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Label
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2017, 02:41:11 am »
While I appreciate the support on the preseason, (it wasn't my idea also) I again stress the need for outside feedback. like how you, amit, aren't in any reg in the league for neutrality. Have an outside, non-ref/moderation team to give critical feedback on the refs.
Personally, I don't feel like it's necessary, I for example will be more than willing to provide objective feedback for ref's if it's needed, I am not in a reg nor have I been for a super long time.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2017, 03:22:31 am »
Personally, I don't feel like it's necessary, I for example will be more than willing to provide objective feedback for ref's if it's needed, I am not in a reg nor have I been for a super long time.
Yeah, if you weren't a mod you'd have been my first choice for my theoretical role.

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2017, 03:23:26 am »
Yeah, if you weren't a mod you'd have been my first choice for my theoretical role.
Illuminati

Offline BmCx_Blacklabel

• First Lieutenant
  • Owner and Head Admin of NA_Groupfighting.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Label
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2017, 03:25:19 am »
Even if I am a mod, I'll still provide objective feedback.