Author Topic: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7] Champions: LG & AEF!  (Read 127159 times)

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7 - Sign-ups Open!]
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2017, 05:47:51 am »
Not to mention the 1stSH are also a few months old already :)
1stSH Community is pretty much been around since October 2015 but put us in league 2 please!!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:37:54 am by NickCole »

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2017, 04:39:24 pm »
Not to mention the 1stSH are also a few months old already :)
1stSH Community is pretty much been around since October 2015 but put us in league 2 please!!!

Ez league 2 for Pooba IMO

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2017, 09:54:15 pm »
41st is new does that make them league 2?

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2017, 10:35:29 pm »
yes

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2017, 10:36:42 pm »
Russian Predurrdurr and I came up with an idea that has been expressed in past seasons I think but have added on to it.

Each week a different custom map is played, simple as that, just need someone to make them. Saves time from trying to find the perfect map and regiments complaining about uneven maps e.t.c

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Nappy Surena

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Ens_Sura_Fraser
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2017, 10:46:11 pm »
Russian Predurrdurr and I came up with an idea that has been expressed in past seasons I think but have added on to it.

Each week a different custom map is played, simple as that, just need someone to make them. Saves time from trying to find the perfect map and regiments complaining about uneven maps e.t.c

Need people who want to waste their lives making em

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2017, 10:47:47 pm »
yes
Jakester's 41st is new, but the 41stWS isn't new, it just reformed

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2017, 10:52:20 pm »

i mean you've already wasted your life leading a shit regiment.  ;)

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #293 on: January 30, 2017, 12:05:29 am »

i mean you've already wasted your life leading a shit regiment.  ;)
Too soon
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Online John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #294 on: January 30, 2017, 12:30:57 am »
29th been added but not the 4e? :/
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #295 on: January 30, 2017, 01:00:33 am »
Community Name: Theodin
Steam Profile URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/theonasty
Current Regiment (if applicable): Nr8 Grenadiers
Have you read all the rules closely?: Yes
Do you have any prior experience?: NANWL seasons 3-6, smaller leagues/linebattles
Why would you be a good referee?: Because of my experience reffing, in-depth knowledge of refereeing/the competitive scene, and sound and reasonable judgement attained through years of admining servers such as NA Groupfighting.
Will you make NANWL your priority?: I can't promise to be the most active referee, but if I sign up to ref a match, I won't miss it.
(within reasonable limits)

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
Re: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7 - Starts Feb. 12th!]
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2017, 07:16:38 am »
Starting Date

It's clear that the single match/week format is the preferred option for the season, so Season 7 will commence on Sunday, February 12th, 2017. Over 50 people voted in the poll and these are the results:

Playoffs

There has been much talk about the use of the playoff system that was introduced in Season 6. This is something that we will put to a community vote again and have them decide. The thread now has a poll to choose one. The explanation for the playoff system can be found below:

Playoff System
The playoffs consist of a semi-final and a final for each league. In each respective league, the 1st place team is matched up against the 4th place team and the 2nd place team is matched with the 3rd place team. The winner of each match proceeds to the final. The winner of that match is the new 1st place team in that league and the loser remains the 2nd place team.

So this is what the Semi-finals look like:

Match 1 = 1st Place vs. 4th Place
Match 2 = 2nd Place vs. 3rd place

Finals = Match 1 Victor vs. Match 2 Victor
[close]

Referees

We have decided to do away with the previous referee selection system and enact the system that I initially envisioned using (and various others suggested): referee trials. Referee trials begun yesterday and will continue for just under 2 weeks to determine the final selection of referees. Current referees and referee applicants will be messaged to arrange preseason practice matches between regiments who are willing to help evaluate the competency of the referee. At least 1 qualified NANWL staff member will be present to observe the performance of the referee and provide feedback afterwards. So, refs will no longer be accepted in batches and will instead be approved as they complete the trial process.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:26:13 am by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2017, 07:58:39 am »
I really think the champions of league 2 should play the champions of league 1 in the end. Just to see how the best of each league compare.

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2017, 08:05:39 am »
They can battle each other unofficially if they wish afterward, but that won't be part of NANWL. I agree that it'd be an interesting match to watch.
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2017, 03:35:42 pm »
Great reffing from Jakester last night, btw.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)