Author Topic: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7] Champions: LG & AEF!  (Read 127550 times)

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7 - Sign-ups Open!]
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2017, 10:16:53 pm »
I spoke to Glenn the other night. Until he tells me to remove the USMC from the list, they will remain on it.
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2017, 10:17:31 pm »
Ive heard rumors of USMC is dropping out is this true?  And what are the plans with the two 41st's?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:43:42 pm by Nitram »

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2017, 10:56:39 pm »
I'm genuinely concerned about the direction this league is heading. I agree alot with Theodin that most of the referees are unproven, inexperienced and generally not suited to be in this league. I won't name anyone specifically but the league would be alot better off if we had a small group of veteran referees than the 4 or 5 that are new to this and will probably fuck up the league to a certain degree. In regards to the moderators, 5 of them seems a bit too much for just 14 regiments and at most 7 matches a week. There really isn't a good point  for having nearly as many moderators as their are referees. This isn't meant as an insult to someone but more as constructive critcism and my general view on how the league is going.

Offline BmCx_Blacklabel

• First Lieutenant
  • Owner and Head Admin of NA_Groupfighting.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Label
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2017, 11:15:12 pm »
I'm genuinely concerned about the direction this league is heading. I agree alot with Theodin that most of the referees are unproven, inexperienced and generally not suited to be in this league. I won't name anyone specifically but the league would be alot better off if we had a small group of veteran referees than the 4 or 5 that are new to this and will probably fuck up the league to a certain degree. In regards to the moderators, 5 of them seems a bit too much for just 14 regiments and at most 7 matches a week. There really isn't a good point  for having nearly as many moderators as their are referees. This isn't meant as an insult to someone but more as constructive critcism and my general view on how the league is going.
mfw not even one match has been played and people are concerned about where the league is heading.

Offline Rifleman Nicholas

• Captain
  • Ex-Colonel of the 4th. I run Aftershock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nico
« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2017, 11:34:32 pm »
mfw not even one match has been played and people are concerned about where the league is heading.
Yeah, I think people need to have faith for now.  Everyone has full permission to bitch if things actually start going south lmao
Mostly known for running the 4th. More about me.
Rip my nigga Nico Got hit on tha streets for startin his rap career. The drillaz pulled up wit dey shooters
Nico's playing 4D chess and we're all playing checkers smh

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #215 on: January 24, 2017, 11:36:21 pm »
I'm just glad there's constructive criticism. Obviously, it hasn't started yet and therefore some concerns may be not legitimate, but the critique seems rather productive (minus good old Marco), and the mods are doing a good job of responding, so that's something awesome to see.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #216 on: January 24, 2017, 11:37:09 pm »
Yeah, I think people need to have faith for now.  Everyone has full permission to bitch if things actually start going south lmao
Better to ensure there will be no problems in the league now than fix them during it.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #217 on: January 24, 2017, 11:38:24 pm »
Better to ensure there will be no problems in the league now than fix them duuring it.
8)

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BmCx_Blacklabel

• First Lieutenant
  • Owner and Head Admin of NA_Groupfighting.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Label
« Reply #218 on: January 24, 2017, 11:47:36 pm »
Better to ensure there will be no problems in the league now than fix them during it.
We welcome constructive criticism obviously, and I think I speak for most of the Mod team when I say that we like to hear the opinion of the community to help us run the league as smoothly as possible, and we take the criticism seriously. In terms of the referees we are already working on solutions that we could take in regards to that, and I would be more than happy to not only mentor ref's, but ref matches myself if the need arises. But let's not shit on the league before it even starts guys, just because it's an issue now dosen't mean it's going to be when the league starts, we are working on it guys.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:50:15 pm by BmCx_Blacklabel »

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
  • Side: Union
« Reply #219 on: January 24, 2017, 11:51:26 pm »
Like Nice said, people need to have faith. We, the Mod team, are discussing things all day through Discord and had our first TS meeting last night where we got a lot done. We are truly are trying to make this League run as smoothly as possible and we are also trying to eliminate any issue that might come up later.

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2017, 12:22:56 am »

During seasons 1-4 we had a 4 mods team (newkirk, beech, karth and cheesey), we really never had any problem or people complaining about it.

Those 4 guys listed provided their own opinions or criticism about nwl matters, but jackie and I always had the final word. Mods were only there to discuss and recommend the best option for everyone.

If Amit decided that is because he already looked at all the options and he considered that the best one, just accept it and keep going. I am sure he will do a great job.

Spoiler
if I was him all of you were already banned so be gentle with him
[close]

Good luck! and keep the NA NWL as the most prestigious league!

Spoiler
old image I made, use it if you want to  :-*
[close]

Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2017, 12:25:12 am »
Not positive if anyone mentioned this earlier so don't quote me on it. I think it should be required that every regiment turn the Rosters and GUID's of every player obviously, but get the team speak IP for each of the player's in the regiment. It may seem like a stupid idea but let me explain it from personal experience. I was banned in Season 5, but still played in the 91st because of the obvious extra cd keys, but It wasn't hard to connect to ts and change my name in ts to a player on the roster. The referees would have no fucking clue that it was me because I was using an alias. The only way they could have found it was me would be if they had my IP address. Relating back to my 2nd sentence, this is more of a brainstorm and crazy concept than something that should actually be implemented.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2017, 12:48:38 am »
Yeah I mentioned that Sanders :)

What I was going at iabout fixing things now rather than later i meant we should have all the refs be analyzed in pre season matches like me and many others already said.
You may not think pre season analysis necessary but imo it is

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2017, 01:24:08 am »

What I was going at iabout fixing things now rather than later i meant we should have all the refs be analyzed in pre season matches like me and many others already said.
Ok well having a pre season would only extend this season longer and make it harder for the moderators. They should test the referees, but it should be outside of NANWL such as NAPL or just a regular 1v1.

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
  • Side: Union
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2017, 01:40:34 am »

Ok well having a pre season would only extend this season longer and make it harder for the moderators. They should test the referees, but it should be outside of NANWL such as NAPL or just a regular 1v1.
We have been discussing effective ways to prove the competency of the Refs and are toying with a few ideas. We will come up with something definitive soon.