Author Topic: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7] Champions: LG & AEF!  (Read 126446 times)

Offline Chev

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7 - Sign-ups Open!]
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2017, 05:07:43 pm »
Good to know I can find some entertainment in this forum.

Community Name: Chev
Steam Profile URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/jskanfvdasdn/
Current Regiment (if applicable): 41st I think (Ask Maple.)
Have you read all the rules closely?: Yes
Do you have any prior experience?: I have reffed, managed, and played in tons of line battles. I played in the first NANWL and started to ref around 3rd or 4th NANWL
Why would you be a good referee?: Unbiased and a lot of experience. I have never fought with other members of the community so I think that can attribute as a good ref. I may be rusty at the game but rules haven't changed since the last NANWL so i think I should be fine.
Will you make NANWL your priority?: Yes

Trying to come back into the game. :D

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2017, 06:28:39 pm »
I legitmatly doubt the experience of the staff running this large of an event especially one that is regarded so highly in the community. I honestly see this season dying out half way though. The list of moderators is hugely concerning. And honestly I feel like the league lacks the active adminiatration required for success.
Hmmm let's analyse that for a sec.
Myself - Owner of NA_Gf for 2+ years, previous mod of NANWL, reffed 50+ 1v1's or LB's
Pickle -Moderator of NA_GF for probably over a year now, reffed also countless 1v1's or LB's
Amit - Lead a large regiment, ran large events, previous Mod of NANWL, reffed countless 1v1's and events
GlukTheWalrus - Modded TNWL, also reffed a bunch of 1v1's
Nappy- Leads a regiment that's been active for a super long time, reffed a bunch of 1v1's
Godfried- Super active in the community, had a large voice in season 6.

Yeah.... No experience....

Also tack on that godfreid ran the NADL for two seasons and helped run TNWL Season 2

Just got a cringey flashback to that TNWL live stream with Jorge and Godfried discussing all the regs looool

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2017, 06:35:56 pm »
I legitmatly doubt the experience of the staff running this large of an event especially one that is regarded so highly in the community. I honestly see this season dying out half way though. The list of moderators is hugely concerning. And honestly I feel like the league lacks the active adminiatration required for success.
Myself - Owner of NA_Gf for 2+ years, previous mod of NANWL, reffed 50+ 1v1's or LB's
Pickle -Moderator of NA_GF for probably over a year now, reffed also countless 1v1's or LB's
Amit - Lead a large regiment, ran large events, previous Mod of NANWL, reffed countless 1v1's and events
Nappy- Leads a regiment that's been active for a super long time, reffed a bunch of 1v1's

Also tack on that godfreid ran the NADL for two seasons and helped run TNWL Season 2

Just got a cringey flashback to that TNWL live stream with Jorge and Godfried discussing all the regs looool
I treasure that livestream.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2017, 06:53:57 pm »
Why does there always seem to be that one person who starts up a shit storm before NANWL scared about it's inevitable failure, every NANWL season is fine.. just shut up and play.. (yes I'm talking to you Marceux)

Offline Rifleman Nicholas

• Captain
  • Ex-Colonel of the 4th. I run Aftershock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nico
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2017, 06:59:31 pm »
We NEED 1 league with the fastest schedule possible to ensure stability through the season. If you look at other seasons for example multiple leagues and long event times have been plagued and crippled because of disbanded regiments. The community is simply to small and fragile to have multiple leagues and an event that runs for multiple months.

I know this is an old post, but just to throw in my opinion, the only league season that has been critically unstable was Season 5, largely, in my opinion, due only having one league.

Or keep it like every other season? There are regiments who should be in league 2 who signed up. Putting them in league 1 would be a terrible idea.

+1

Some regiments can't compete in League 1, and it's not fun for them to be forced to play against top tier regiments, and there's not really any sport in it for top tier regiments. This only leads to driving regiments away from competitive play as they end up feeling there's no place for them in it.

Keeping 2 leagues should be a no-brainer, that's how it's always been run (minus S5) and it's always worked just fine, why mess with it?
How would it be determined which regiment goes where

I assume the same way they have done it the last 6 seasons? Not sure why everyone is all of a sudden getting worried about little stuff. Amit, Godfriend and Label have done this before. The new Mods have ref for NWL and some even Mod for TNWL. Let them do their thing.

Also Theodin stop being a bitch and sign up as a ref.

This ^

Also, thanks a bunch for responding to my questions, very helpful!   ;D
Mostly known for running the 4th. More about me.
Rip my nigga Nico Got hit on tha streets for startin his rap career. The drillaz pulled up wit dey shooters
Nico's playing 4D chess and we're all playing checkers smh

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2017, 07:10:35 pm »
And if a regiment doesn't want to compete on the highest level why the fuck are they in NWL? This is supposed to be the pro league our version of NFL/NBA etc step up and try to be the best or go play scrim 1v1s so your feelings don't get hurt. Better yet let's pusify our league some more and give the losers trophys! It's a fucking video game.

And also where is this massive skill gap? Which regiments are to shitty to 1v1 the other regs?

Isn't NAPL for casuals?

1)NWL itself isn't supposed to be the pro league. League 1 of NWL is supposed to be the pro league, League 2 (minus season 1) has almost always been the semi-pro, with the winner and second place (of league 2) being given spots in League 1, and the bottom 2 regiments of League 1 being moved into League 2.

2)Who's talking about giving trophies to the losers?

3)If I were to organize the league it'd be (subject to change of course w/ new sign ups)

League 1: LG, 6teSLR, 45e, 30th, 32e, USMC, 4th, 41st

League 2: AEF, Sil, 5eVolt, 50thWK, LIR, 1. Leib-Garde Bataillon.

I LOVE how many of you I know act friendly towards me outside of FSE and in TS when we've spoken it's always cordial yet on on the forums everyone turns into a crusader with a cause. Yet people to pussy to speak up when a thread isnt involved.

I'm more than happy to speak in TS as I'm sure the other mods are.

Spoiler

[close]

The livestream where I said Tammo was only occasionally good, (Either Jorge or myself) said Russian just baited his team, and I predicted 71st would win the season ( 8))? Idk, I enjoyed doing that. Even when Jorge ditched me and asked me to fill time talking about a regiment I'd never heard of before, and had Amit and others steam messaging me about them xD.

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2017, 07:18:29 pm »
ye basically what the other said.

Just with the actual correct amount of regiment lmfao

League 1: 30th, 32e, LG, 6eSLR, 4th, 41st (Welsh), 45e, USMC
League 2: Sil, 1tesLB, AEF, 41st (Invalids), 50thWK(or whatever they name change to again), 5eVolt, LIR, 1erMarins
Rip my nigga Nico Got hit on tha streets for startin his rap career. The drillaz pulled up wit dey shooters

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2017, 07:34:43 pm »

League 2: Sil, 1tesLB, AEF, 41st (Invalids), 50thWK, 5eVolt(or whatever they name change to again), LIR, 1erMarins
Fixed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2017, 07:35:56 pm »

League 2: Sil, 1tesLB, AEF, 41st (Invalids), 50thWK, 5eVolt(or whatever they name change to again), LIR, 1erMarins
Fixed

Merci

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2017, 08:25:12 pm »
We encourage everyone participating in the League to vote on the poll not just Regiment Leaders. Leaders please spread the link of this thread to your members and other participating regiments so they can vote for what works best for them as well. We wanted to let the people actually participating in the League decide how long it should last instead of having a just the Mod team or Reg Leaders decide.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2017, 08:28:31 pm »
Who would want to play 2 matches a week
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2017, 08:33:00 pm »
Orcaryo, Maccius, Dan_RGJ, Theodin, Glukhovsky, maccle, Forgotfulking, Nappy Surena, Rafael7, antslimey, Armada, TerribleTim would I think

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob Ross
« Reply #207 on: January 24, 2017, 08:46:08 pm »
Community Name: Tammo
Steam Profile URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SecretTammo/
Current Regiment (if applicable): 45e
Have you read all the rules closely?: sure
Do you have any prior mod experience?: no
Why would you be a good moderator?: Because I have participated in a lot of competitive linebattle leagues/ native leagues. My input is like gold
Do you have any prior ref experience?: a little bit
Will you make NANWL your priority?: when i got time

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #208 on: January 24, 2017, 09:12:02 pm »
Sil shit on us just saying

I don't have much say but i still support one league rather than two. Maybe don't even have every regiment play eachother just have pick nights based off seed.

Just how I'd do it, not my league though and ill be happy either way
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:15:34 pm by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #209 on: January 24, 2017, 09:45:07 pm »
But hey does it really matter honestly?  Nah I guess not, 6te going to win either way.  :P
Marso please stop. Anyway back on topic USMC I don't believe are in NWL anymore they are quitting the competitive scene a lot of rumors about it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:23:19 pm by NickCole »