Author Topic: US Politics thread  (Read 61271 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: US Politics thread
« Reply #360 on: December 30, 2016, 10:34:54 pm »
Surely he picked 'the best cabinet choices he could possibly make'. That's why he made a brain surgeon secretary for Housing and Urban Development. Everyone knows Ben Carson's experience regarding affordable housing and development.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #361 on: December 30, 2016, 10:43:38 pm »
Surely he picked 'the best cabinet choices he could possibly make'. That's why he made a brain surgeon secretary for Housing and Urban Development. Everyone knows Ben Carson's experience regarding affordable housing and development.
I laughed when i read this.

Offline USMC_Vicious

• Private
  • Best looking NW player
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_SSgt_Vicious[MAGA]
« Reply #362 on: December 30, 2016, 11:58:22 pm »

I mean Obama's current head of DHS never had 0 experience with anything Homeland Security related and was a lawyer so...theres many appointees throughout many administrations who had 0 experience in the field they were chosen to lead. Regarding Ben Carson the fact he was also running for President also on top of being a smart ass mofo I think he will have no problem heading Housing and Urban Development...cant get much worse than the bozos running it now and the same can be said with the VA.
Best Trackpad NA
BBG Bot Survival Admin
USMC Siege Event Admin

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #363 on: December 31, 2016, 12:33:26 am »
Yeah but wouldnt it be smart to get someone who actually knows something about HUD? I dont really agree with obamas choice either. As for. Ben carson being smart...there is this concept where if you spend all your time in one area you become an expert in that area but fall flat in everything else. Yes he is a very smart man in the field of medicine, this does not mean that he would be a good president. Just because someone is a good businessman does not mean that they would be a good president.

Also i love this "never had 0 experience" ...so he had experience? Lol. It's nitpicky of me but i couldnt help myself.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #364 on: December 31, 2016, 12:35:36 am »
Well I mean considering that Mr. Carson grew up in actual government housing in Detroit he at least knows what can be done to help and fix the system compared to most people who head the position and never actually grew up in government housing or had any idea what it was like..
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 31, 2016, 01:16:08 am »
Well I mean considering that Mr. Carson grew up in actual government housing in Detroit he at least knows what can be done to help and fix the system compared to most people who head the position and never actually grew up in government housing or had any idea what it was like..

I grew up in an agricultural area. Does that mean I automatically am fully able to become secretary of agriculture?

I mean Obama's current head of DHS never had 0 experience with anything Homeland Security related and was a lawyer so...t

Wikipedia told me Jeh Johnson served as General Counsel for the Air Force in 1998-2001 and then as General Counsel for the Defense Department from 2009 to 2012. His appointment was also related to the problematic state of that department that he was meant to solve.

Now, at the very least that gives him experience in working with government and safety services, while Ben Carson has been a brain surgeon. A genious one, yes, but has he ever worked in any position of public service, in any capacity? Of course, you're right in saying that a secretary doesn't necessarily require former expertise in his specific department. It's why you often see secretaries (Or Ministers as they are called in most countries) switching between departments - they have the set of skills and experience in government work that enables them to, with added knowledge and the help of deputies, serve well. Ben Carson has none of this. His appointment is the result of a purely political bargain.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 01:27:49 am by Duuring »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 31, 2016, 01:29:25 am »

I mean Obama's current head of DHS never had 0 experience with anything Homeland Security related and was a lawyer so...theres many appointees throughout many administrations who had 0 experience in the field they were chosen to lead. Regarding Ben Carson the fact he was also running for President also on top of being a smart ass mofo I think he will have no problem heading Housing and Urban Development...cant get much worse than the bozos running it now and the same can be said with the VA.

It can get much, much worse and the fact of the matter is that all of the people entering this administration have ties to the past one, and the ones before it for decades and even centuries. The president can't seriously challenge the power structure, he's just one person. We're talking about a complete monolith here, not just some empty institution that can be changed at the whim of a few people once they occupy their positions. Whatever happens in the next few years, there's a trajectory that we're following, and it's going to continue regardless of the puppet sitting in the oval office.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2016, 02:40:38 am »
Ben Carson even said he wasn't qualified.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2016, 06:52:00 am »
Ben Carson even said he wasn't qualified.
Carson declined a lot of appointments so it's strange to me that he decided to end up taking this one of all of them. However, nobody has even been sworn in yet with zero actions taken so I'm just going to reserve my judgement
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 01, 2017, 07:03:11 pm »
However, nobody has even been sworn in yet with zero actions taken so I'm just going to reserve my judgement

Sure, now you do.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #370 on: January 01, 2017, 09:41:11 pm »
I take a Doctor or Scientist over a Lawyer any day!

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 01, 2017, 10:00:18 pm »

This argument makes no sense.... do you know what it takes to know about public housing? Zilch. Anyone can just go to one of these section 8 housing commissions and be eligible for a move-in packet through the housing programs. You don't have to understand the system to be a part of it when it comes to public housing. I mean, my job literally revolves around dealing with and understanding separate housing commissions. I actually have more experience on public housing then Ben Carson does LOL.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #372 on: January 01, 2017, 10:02:36 pm »
ALl these people getting salty over Trump nominating people with zero experience in the field turned secretary or director, but no one complains about the putting a General on Defense...
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Grantrithor

• Second Lieutenant
  • <><><><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 02, 2017, 01:37:54 am »
ALl these people getting salty over Trump nominating people with zero experience in the field turned secretary or director, but no one complains about the putting a General on Defense...

because that makes sense

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 02, 2017, 01:55:40 am »
No, it doesn't. I get that it may seem like a logical step, but civilian control over our military is a cornerstone of liberal democracy. The people, trough their elected officials, dictate what our Armed Forces look like and what they do. The military does not and should never decide what its own purpose is. Why? Because the military is incredibly powerful, which we never fully realize because our militaries are so firmly under control of the civilian government.

Government and the militairy should be kept seperated as much as possible. You don't want politicians becoming soldiers due to their political positions - which makes perfect sense. You also do not want soldiers to become politicians due to their military position.