Author Topic: US Politics thread  (Read 61310 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: US Politics thread
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2016, 01:31:46 am »
Most of the people who don't have IDs also don't have legal jobs, pay rent unofficially and buy cars with cash or through barter, or just stealing. But this is a relatively large percentage of the population, and also keep in mind that there are something like 2 million people in prison here who can't vote, and 5.8 million with past convictions (roughly 1% of the whole population put together). Oh yeah, and almost 5 million on probation and parole but that doesn't matter.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2016, 04:06:00 am »

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2016, 11:47:35 am »
Everyone is born with at least one piece of ID, it's called a birth certificate. Nobody is too poor or stupid to get ID, I don't know how you could possibly live in a modern society like the US without it. This video is pretty relevant:

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2016, 01:29:21 pm »
It is so weird to me. Because here you have to carry your ID at all times. If you leave your home, you have to take your ID with you.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2016, 01:57:20 pm »
uh well idk what world they live in, but if you are 18 and older there is literally no way you can function in the US without some form of ID, unless you are one of the severely impoverished and are not doing anything

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2016, 03:26:35 pm »
uh well idk what world they live in, but if you are 18 and older there is literally no way you can function in the US without some form of ID, unless you are one of the severely impoverished and are not doing anything

^^

I don't see the point of voter ID. We have many other forms of state identification, creating another ID card that will just eventually end up getting a counterfeit replica.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2016, 03:52:55 pm »
Everyone is born with at least one piece of ID, it's called a birth certificate. Nobody is too poor or stupid to get ID, I don't know how you could possibly live in a modern society like the US without it. This video is pretty relevant:

not everyone(most do) has a birth certificate.  Others may have a birth certificate, but because how things worked out, it is not official enough  to be used and therefore not valid.   Many would not have their birth certificate on them, requiring them to go to one of the county or state offices.  Meaning another burden they would have to overcome all to get a photo ID. 

anyways, that video still doesn't refute what Nipple or I said earlier.  Not sure why you are trying to keep hitting home the point that everyone has photo ID.  They don't.  IDC how many videos you dig up of x group having photo IDs.  Not everyone has easy access to getting one either.  Especially if laws are made intentionally to make it harder for them to get the photo ID and/or vote. 

This is the real world, not some ideal one.  Your posts so far haven't shown you understand this.  It is not the well off but the poor/other groups that take an unnecessary burden when it comes to things like this.  Different groups are affected differently. It all depends on where they live and the law passed.(especially if the law was made to intentionally keep a group from voting.  our history provides plenty of examples)  If you make a law that makes millions be incapable of voting when they otherwise could have, you disenfranchised them.   That is why it is important to find a way to make it very very easy for said people to get the ID required(free at that.  if they charge for it, it would be illegal) so they can exercise their right to vote if one is required.

If you believe that everyone should have a photo id or a photo id to vote, that is fine.  That is your opinion.   Just don't assume everyone has one or easy access to getting one. That is what i have been getting at this entire time.  There are people out there(speaking generally) that want voter IDs, but do not think of any of the consequences outside of it possibly stopping voter fraud.  This is why i posted.  I wanted people to be able to look at it from the other side, even if they disagree.(do note, i haven't said one way or another who's side i support)

yes, most Americans citizens if a law was passed(depending on how it was passed as well) would be able to go out and get one in one way or another, but that is not everyone.  Not unless you take the right steps to ensure everyone can. 

yes you can.  many do. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2016, 06:30:04 pm »
From the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website:

Every employer in the United States must verify that each newly hired employee can be legally employed in the United States.  A U.S. citizen may show a variety of evidence to meet this requirement:

-U.S. passport;
-U.S. birth certificate along with a government-issued photo identification document.
https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/proof-us-citizenship-and-identification-when-applying-job

They even give you a list of what documentation is required:
https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/list-documents/form-i-9-acceptable-documents

You have to show some form of photographic ID to get a job, there's no way round that. You cannot physically earn a living without ID it's just not possible, unless you're an illegal migrant who hangs around on curbs getting paid cash in hand for odd jobs here and there (in which case they shouldn't be voting anyway). This is getting silly now just admit you're wrong.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2016, 06:35:26 pm »
Not all babies are born in hospitals, but besides that even if you do have some form of ID, millions of people are barred from voting for other reasons. Voter ID laws require you to get an ID like a drivers license, passport or state id. Also, even if someone has a birth certificate I'm not sure it counts everywhere, especially where you need to jump through hoops to register like the deep south.

^And wtf, it was already mentioned that a lot of people don't have legal jobs. Do you think there are drug dealer cards?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 06:37:55 pm by Nipplestockings »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2016, 08:27:57 pm »
From the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website:

Every employer in the United States must verify that each newly hired employee can be legally employed in the United States.  A U.S. citizen may show a variety of evidence to meet this requirement:

-U.S. passport;
-U.S. birth certificate along with a government-issued photo identification document.
https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/proof-us-citizenship-and-identification-when-applying-job

They even give you a list of what documentation is required:
https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/list-documents/form-i-9-acceptable-documents

You have to show some form of photographic ID to get a job, there's no way round that. You cannot physically earn a living without ID it's just not possible, unless you're an illegal migrant who hangs around on curbs getting paid cash in hand for odd jobs here and there (in which case they shouldn't be voting anyway). This is getting silly now just admit you're wrong.

yes there is and yes you can.  again real world, not ideal.  stop living in your bubble.  the fact you think everyone follows those rules, or every job out there goes through that process is cute.(or does their best to help the gov enforce them.)  if you choose to ignore this, then that is on you. if you want to keep believing you live in an ideal world, and not the real world go for it.  This is getting silly.   

and even if they have an id, it doesn't mean they are able to work legally.  One of my old jobs use to hire illegal immigrants all the time.  It would take months for the gov to come investigate and by that time, they went back to cali to get a new fake Id.(including a new SS card)  They would then return not too long later to continue working.  Yes, the people hiring knew it, but they didn't turn them in.   

poor citizens that work on the corner that do odd jobs(legal) and it is their only income  should be able to vote.   They deserve the right to vote like everyone else. 

as long as you want to live in that other world, this convo is done.  you keep proving you are ignorant on the subject.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:46:10 pm by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2016, 01:54:11 am »
a little ticked off Trump is calling the President of Pakistan and trying to make peace... does he not realize it's a terrorist state and that there was a guy named Bin Laden who they were protecting?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2016, 02:13:06 am »
Would you rather we spend billions of dollars bombing them?

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2016, 02:43:52 am »
Would you rather we spend billions of dollars bombing them?
It's worked so well already.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2016, 05:10:16 am »
Completely fine just leaving the middle east tbh

rip Petro-Dollar tho

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2016, 03:45:08 pm »
Someone need cheap oil?? Alberta is looking for a buyer

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)