Author Topic: US Politics thread  (Read 61189 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: US Politics thread
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2016, 11:50:58 pm »
So arguing that a large number of Americans don't have any form of ID is just wrong, and there's nothing difficult in asking people to show it in order to vote.

This is wrong though. A large number of minorities, especially poor blacks and hispanics do not have IDs, and are barred from voting, especially in the south. It is an issue, I mean not like it matters either way because it's all rigged, but it is a real thing.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2016, 12:01:16 am »
If getting ID was so difficult in the US then you wouldn't have such a big social problem with alcohol. Probably the first thing every adult does in the US as soon as they turn 21 is get/update their ID to buy it. So arguing that a large number of Americans don't have any form of ID is just wrong, and there's nothing difficult in asking people to show it in order to vote.
No.   you do not need to go and update your ID.  All that matters is your age.   The ID i have currently was given to me before I was 21 years old.(i am older than 21 now)  I am able to go buy alcohol whenever i feel like it.(they may not even bother checking your id.  they are suppose to, but sometimes don't.)

Not to mention, like i said before, a lot of americans do not own a car or know how to drive.(especially the poor, where requiring an ID would have the biggest negative impact on)  even your average middle class person may not know how to drive and therefore not have a license. 

and one doesn't need to have a license to obtain alcohol, they can have others get it for them.  You don't even need to be 21 to drink alcohol in certain environments.

whether you are for or against some ID requirement, it is best to look at it from both sides.   You may want an ID requirement nation wide, but there will be consequences, especially if it is not done right.  Even more so if it is  based on false assumptions like the above quote.   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2016, 12:08:24 am »
I don't think it would be that hard for the government to issue ids. Like a month after you turn 18 you are forced to sign up for the draft

Really we should just put bar codes or chips on all citizens that way voter fraud is impossible
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2016, 12:09:29 am »
The problem is that states have different standards for giving out IDs, so in many areas it is next to impossible to get one if you have no income, or you're a felon (nearly impossible to avoid in some places where people are picked up off the street and charged with drug possession as a standard procedure), or if you have no permanent home, job, former registration in the state system, or other things. It's meant to intentionally disenfranchise democratic voters in the south, but they do the same thing with Republican voters in swing states like PA and Ohio.

It should just tell you that our system is so convoluted and fucked that only a complete overhaul of abolition of the current method will make it fair. That is, if you accept that voting is fair, or that it's real at all. But let's leave that out and assume it is, you can't just have a nationwide voter ID requirement without also reforming the standards for giving out IDs in every state.

Offline Grantrithor

• Second Lieutenant
  • <><><><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2016, 12:28:15 am »
Do citizens in america really not have access to photo IDs? In canada you can't do shit unless you have Photo ID, and sometimes you need TWO pieces of ID.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2016, 12:39:54 am »
Do citizens in america really not have access to photo IDs? In canada you can't do shit unless you have Photo ID, and sometimes you need TWO pieces of ID.
not really, no.  Some places you will need photo id, but a lot of places dont.   and your SS card and birth certificate are needed for some stuff, but not an ID.  Sometimes just bringing mail in showing you live at an address is enough proof to say who you are.(speaking generally)

and women aren't required to sign up for the SSA, as they are not required to.  Perhaps someday how the draft works and who it picks will be changed.  You would have to change that if you want to use that as a way to sign people up to vote.(still wouldn't be full proof)

and Nipple brings up another valid point.   There have been numerous times in our history where laws were passed to restrict voters from some group from voting.  Quite often under the guise of some other issue, hiding their true motives. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:46:03 am by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2016, 12:44:44 am »
I have lived and worked in three countries, and have personally never met anyone who doesn't have any form of ID. Ever. When I've applied for jobs one of the first things they do is ask for ID. Whenever I have bought alcohol or gone into a club I have had to show ID. Same for when I have applied for a license or accreditation of any kind, opened a bank account, and so on.

Dunno, maybe there are lots of people in America who have never traveled, never worked, never had to buy or rent a house, never had to learn to drive, never had to open a bank account, etc. Maybe they weren't even issued with a birth certificate when they were born. Who knows, maybe the Amish population of the USA is bigger than I thought?

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2016, 12:49:15 am »
I have lived and worked in three countries, and have personally never met anyone who doesn't have any form of ID. Ever. When I've applied for jobs one of the first things they do is ask for ID. Whenever I have bought alcohol or gone into a club I have had to show ID. Same for when I have applied for a license or accreditation of any kind, opened a bank account, and so on.

Dunno, maybe there are lots of people in America who have never traveled, never worked, never had to buy or rent a house, never had to learn to drive, never had to open a bank account, etc. Maybe they weren't even issued with a birth certificate when they were born. Who knows, maybe the Amish population of the USA is bigger than I thought?
I had to prove I was who I said I was in three different ways to work at McDonalds in Ontario. Two photo ID's, SS number, birth certificate.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2016, 12:56:31 am »

lol.  The ignorance in this post is great, especially with the dismissive attitude.  on top of all that, you ignored what was said above.  I would recommend spending some time with the poor,(in the US) or taking a sociology class of some sort.  At least that way, you can understand what it is like to be poor.(not to mention various social standards)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2016, 01:00:23 am »
Here's a solution: Conscript any people who don't have an ID so they're forced to get a military ID in the military. Everyone wins in that scenario. There's not a single problem with it either.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2016, 01:02:27 am »

Yes, that is how it is in America because unlike Europe we have a working class that makes up like 75% of the population and a government that doesn't give a shit about anything except profit. So there are third world conditions in a lot of the derp south and inner cities. But are you really refusing to believe there are this many people like that after all the zesty news coverage we've been getting?

Btw you don't need an ID for many of those things you listed.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:04:15 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline Grantrithor

• Second Lieutenant
  • <><><><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2016, 01:08:50 am »

Yes, that is how it is in America because unlike Europe we have a working class that makes up like 75% of the population and a government that doesn't give a shit about anything except profit. So there are third world conditions in a lot of the derp south and inner cities. But are you really refusing to believe there are this many people like that after all the zesty news coverage we've been getting?

Well I guess in america you don't, in Canada all of those require photo ID so most citizens have some form of ID on them by the time they get their first job or become eligible to vote.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2016, 01:13:54 am »
Well if I cant be Duuring at least I can be Thunderstormer

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2016, 01:14:48 am »
Getting ID is mandatory in my country.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2016, 01:30:43 am »

Well I guess in america you don't, in Canada all of those require photo ID so most citizens have some form of ID on them by the time they get their first job or become eligible to vote.
you just have to remember that each state in many ways is their own country.  Each state has it's own requirements as to what is acceptable to get a photo ID.  Even when people are allowed to drive is different.  I could drive at 14(you can actually do so before this and the cops wouldn't really care depending on what you are doing), others it is 16 before you can get a permit. 

and nipple right.  Many of those things do not require a photo ID, or even an id in some cases.   Not to mention the other points raised above about certain groups being able to get a photo ID.

typos were made on behalf of xethos
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:47:51 am by Thunderstormer »