Author Topic: Blood and Iron - Age of Imperialism [3.1 Patch]  (Read 65815 times)

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Blood and Iron - Age of Imperialism [3.1 Patch]
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2019, 12:05:43 pm »
wait revive NaS ON Blood & Iron??

This means, using the B&I code, with all the features and such, reworking it into the civil war with all maps, models, sounds from NaS.
Would cost hundreds of working hours, which might be worth for the community, but not worth the effort for such low player numbers.

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2019, 11:32:30 am »
because i tidied up the source code for b&i before i started working on it, it would mean a new and more stable base for NaS. you'd get the B&I medics which restore health and stop bleeding, the dynamic salute/call-for-medics animations, all the new animations i made, gatling guns, the reworked artillery meaning more options for field artillery pieces, the ammunition crates, the ammunition cart which wasn't used in B&I, the winter uniforms for snowy/rainy maps, the new post-processing effects, the lighter terrain textures, a whole host of new sound opportunities because of B&I's overhauled sound effects (i overhauled 90% of them, including the code - think the musicians and the rifle specific sound effects), the new UI and moving menus, and the restructured .brf files.

B&I is only unstable because i tried to shoehorn too many scene props into it that used some inefficient textures and poorly designed collision meshes. that would all have to be overhauled for a B&I based NaS to stabilise it. but that's not the only thing, the items list would have to be completely rewritten along with sections of the code that organises the sections in this list, the troops list would be overhauled, the scripts that handle the winter clothing and specific class clothing sets (like the french partisans) will need to be reworked, the .brfs reorganised, the meshes all renamed along with their materials and textures for a more comprehensible structure (this is what makes b&i so submod friendly - no more union cavalry named after the NW british green jackets), the textures and materials optimised and correct shaders applied, the weapons rebalanced, and this doesn't include any new things that might be created and added. the list goes on...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:42:35 am by Parrot »
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Kubus

• Major
  • I'm probably most annoying kid on this forum
    • View Profile
    • GO CRAZY
  • Nick: 45thN_Kgm_JanMoody55FanBoy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2020, 06:31:43 pm »
sweet
Ban kubitch of nw warband because is childish moron unhappy antisocial person, have at 2023 meeting with lawyer about him.  kubus mental disease

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2020, 08:51:43 pm »
top tier mod top tier mod creators

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2021, 08:00:55 am »
Bump for keeping this mod alive

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2021, 10:40:12 pm »
im thinking about hosting a mod event. Would this make a good candidate?
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2021, 11:24:06 pm »
it's a good mod

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2023, 12:57:42 am »
it's a good mod
Two years necro bump but it is. Worth a try for overhauling your entire default NW experience. Worked really well with commander battles. And I am around if anyone should require troubleshooting for this ol' mod. Nice pfp btw. I'm not sure if Parrot is around but we former modders are still alive haha.

For a second there I thought I was on the enhancement mod thread. Fix'd.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 01:01:14 am by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline FearlessHussar

• Sergeant
  • Faith in Truth!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheFearlessHussar
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2023, 05:53:13 pm »
it's a good mod
Unfortunately it is quite bad to host events for because it is very unstable, and I mean VERY unstable. Last time we hosted on it for the mod events, people crashed when there were barely 50 people on. Even though I personally love the mod, I must say that I don't call it good whenever it gets chosen on the mod polls. It is unnerving to say the least. Not to mention the amount of people getting the black screen bug and someone having to explain to them how to fix it. Again, I really like the mod but it is really hard to host events on. And it isn't the server either. Crashes are mostly client-side not server-side.
Leader of 1st "Saint George's" Regiment
Host of the events of the Mod Events Community(https://discord.gg/rfdzVzRsKV)
Admin on Tropical Paradise and Marshal of the Empire
Previously Head Admin for the Persistent Napoleonic Mod