Author Topic: The Last Kingdom (BBC)  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
The Last Kingdom (BBC)
« on: July 22, 2016, 05:04:24 am »
Just started watching this yesterday. Feels almost better than Game of Thrones, not actually but it's really good. And on Netflix.

The Last Kingdom is a British television series, an eight-part adaptation of Bernard Cornwell’s historical novels series The Saxon Stories.[1] The series premiered on 10 October 2015 on BBC America, and on BBC Two in the UK on 22 October 2015. A second series of ten episodes has been announced for a 2016 release.[2]

As a child, Uhtred witnessed his father being killed and the Saxon army defeated by invading troops. Danish warlord Earl Ragnar captured Uhtred and raised him in a Danish camp alongside fellow captive Brida, a sharp-tongued girl. Years later, Uhtred is a valiant warrior who is dealt another tragic blow when his home is deliberately set on fire, killing his surrogate family, including Ragnar. Now exiled -- alone except for Brida by his side -- he vows to avenge Ragnar's death and reclaim his homeland. But, he must choose between his birth country and the people who raised him. If he is going to help birth a new nation and ultimately recapture his ancestral land he must walk dangerous path between both sides.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:07:32 am by Nipplestockings »

AeroNinja

Re: The Last Kingdom (BBC)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 07:57:14 am »
Isn't that also a mod for Warband?

But yes I have seen some trailers and it looks good. :D

Offline ClaSh

• French Pioneer
  • Colonel
  • Opinionated but I'm always spitting straight facts
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Nr.24] hachiman
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 10:13:42 am »
I've seen the whole season and it's okay. According to the books, the next season will be far better.

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 10:35:40 am »
I quite enjoyed it. Some historical inaccuracies but I will let Lindeybeige explain that:
Spoiler
[close]
And one chaps response to Linderbeige's video:
Spoiler
[close]
  I hear a second season is in the works although I don't know if they have started filming yet.
]

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 04:28:11 pm »
I liked it, hopefully they'll sort out some of the problems Lindy raised for next season...season 2 should be even better too since now there's a proven audience the BBC will release more funding for it.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 05:45:35 pm »
I've been meaning to watch this. Cannot find it on Netflix though. What the hell?