Author Topic: "Incorrect Authorisation Key"  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Desparin

• Sergeant Major
  • Bullets have the right of way!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 88th_Pte_Ralph_Fitzgerald
  • Side: Neutral
"Incorrect Authorisation Key"
« on: February 16, 2013, 08:45:37 pm »
Basically, keep getting the "Incorrect Authorisation Key" message when trying to log into any servers on my Favourites list. Regular servers don't appear for me. I have uninstalled and re-installed NW and verified my game cache. Was working fine a couple hours ago.

Any help plox???

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rackio
Re: "Incorrect Authorisation Key"
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 09:20:02 pm »
righto,
           had this problem a few times and know of other who have had it.
list of tryable solution:
1) you was on a server that restarted map or reset as you were joining, this then creates a blip in paradox/talewords cd keys and this error appears, one way of fixing this is if you can find the origional server you got this from and get them to fully restart the server (take it down put it back up) then retry joining.
2) you can delete a file within steam files called clientregistry.blob and Appupdatestats.blob - this for some will refresh the keys and re authorise the ones you had. its just in the main steam folder not in the mods or games just below all the files.
to do this stop steam - delete files- restart steam and it'll re-add the files and refresh them
3) go to the taleworlds forums and activate your steam CD manually on their database so it will take your steam one and your paradox key at the same time.

when i had this error none of this worked for me but worked for some. For me it was working the next day just had to leave it overnight for everything to fix itself.

regards Rackio
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:21:54 pm by Rackio »
I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.

Offline Slick

• Donator
  • dam im long than a mf
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 09:22:43 pm »
Happened to me once, I simply restarted my PC and it was fixed lol

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 09:37:31 pm »
.blob ... My my, I have been causing mischief :S

Try the stuff rackio mentioned. If that doesn't work, wait til tomorrow and see.
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:49:14 pm »
I had this problem this morning, I restarted my computer twice, worked like a charm after wards. And if that doesn't work, follow Rackio.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 10:36:45 pm »
I got the problem just now and tried restarting several times to no success so tried deleting those files and that didn't work, i'm about to try the taleworlds one, then finally the server one.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline William_Hornsby

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 10:43:17 pm »
Don't delete files, it's a server issue with taleworlds. I'm getting the same thing.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 10:44:43 pm »
Oh ok
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th