Author Topic: Mod Idea Collection  (Read 121180 times)

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
  • Side: Union
Re: Mod Idea Collection
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2013, 09:06:20 pm »
Russo-Japanese war.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2013, 09:25:07 pm »
Well given the enthusiasm in this thread after the next AZW update i think i will develop a Franco Prussian war mod. If it is successful I could develop it into the Austro-Prussian War and the Second Schleswig War (Prussian Danish war).

Spoiler
French Garde Mobile, essentially a militia.

French Chasseur a pied, French Jagers really.

[close]
;D im so happy  ;D ;D ;D
EDIT: and btw if it gets succesful and you  it into the Austro-Prussian War and the Second Schleswig War (Prussian Danish war) you should know that the danes used french napoleonic wars muskets  ;)

While it's a nice idea i just don't think it would be fun at all to have breech loaders vs muzzle loaders, especially for the muzzle loading side, so people wouldn't play those events, making it not worth the effort.

I'm willing to do Units from the southern German states such as Bavaria though.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2013, 10:00:33 pm »
I really wish somebody would change the aiming animation to something more period accurate like in the l'Aigle mod for Warband

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2013, 11:12:59 pm »
I really wish somebody would change the aiming animation to something more period accurate like in the l'Aigle mod for Warband

Give me a picture of the stance and i might.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2013, 04:51:26 am »
This is as it appears in l'Aigle and I find it more accurate for a few reasons
1. The lock mechanism isn't held close to the face which would prevent blowing up your face when the weapon discharged
2. The stance with the feet closer together is more common to what you would see in a napoleonic line infantryman rather than the spread out stance we currently see
3. The character seems to turn his face away when the weapon fires which is a nice realistic touch because it keeps you from getting shit in your eyes or even worse losing them if the weapon failed or the sparks reached your eyes.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2013, 06:02:16 am »
This is as it appears in l'Aigle and I find it more accurate for a few reasons
1. The lock mechanism isn't held close to the face which would prevent blowing up your face when the weapon discharged
2. The stance with the feet closer together is more common to what you would see in a napoleonic line infantryman rather than the spread out stance we currently see
3. The character seems to turn his face away when the weapon fires which is a nice realistic touch because it keeps you from getting shit in your eyes or even worse losing them if the weapon failed or the sparks reached your eyes.
Spoiler
[close]

Yea... But their arms! They look like sad little T-rex arms, to me it looks incredibly unnatural.
Pointy stick champion

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2013, 06:35:50 am »
A really nice mod would be an animation pack... As follows:

Running with a gun should stay how it is, since when running with a gun of the era, it was incredibly hard to keep it at shoulder, and would do serious damage to shoulder from the bumps. It would bruise the shoulder severely, and when the soldier shoots, his shoulder would get even more damaged from the massive recoil of the guns. However, let's say we do want to change the running animation of Infantry Muskets, I say this one is great...

A polished version of this...
Remove the stiffness, leave the arm going over the chest to hold the gun to the shoulder. This is how many soldiers ran with muskets. It was a slightly more comfortable, and less hurtful, way to run with a musket.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnxkgNtV68[/youtube]
[close]

Walking with a musket should entirely be changed. The way FSE did NW's animations really annoyed the shit out of me. MM had great animations, and if they just polished those, it would have been very nice. The animation should have been holding the gun from the butt, and keeping it on the shoulder. Or, hugging the gun to the chest with your arm. I shall show both...

Walking...
Marching, holding by the butt of the gun, held to the shoulder. This form was the most popular across many nations, such as Britain, Russia, the Ottomans, Austrians, Swedish, etc.

I figure this is the opposite. This is sort of "hugging" the gun, and pressing it to the shoulder, I'm unsure of the actual name of the stance. This was more popular with the more prestigious armies, such as France, Prussia, some Russians (often Guard Units and Grenadiers), Spain, etc.

[close]

In a prior post by KillerMongoose, the L'aigle weapon firing animations are near perfect. The only problem is how they hold the gun when firing. Back in the day, the soldiers were told to keep their elbow up, supposedly to control the recoil of the shot. Wasn't very effective. L'aigle's animations are that of a modern shooting style, which does control recoil of the gun. However, FSE did good leaving the elbow up when the player shoots, but not having the players' had turn when shooting. Without turning your head, the flash from the gun could blind you, along with the sparks from the hammer if the gun is not held and shot right. I'd love for someone to make these animations as I said, as for rifles, musketoons, etc., leave them how they are, if possible. Since their smaller guns, they should keep the more "loose" animations for carrying them, since the soldiers historically had no real way of holding that type of gun. I'm sure, the British made their Riflemen hold their guns like that of a lineman, but the baker rifle was also longer, so it was easier and more comfortable to hold at shoulder.

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2013, 01:39:14 pm »

play Festung Breslau...fuckin creepy but a lot of fun :D
What do you mean by creepy?
[/quote]

Festung Breslau is my favourite mod how the hell is it creep?
[/quote]

I realy like it, too. But it needs some better textures and bit more workin out the details

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2013, 02:11:24 pm »
For the record, those aren't the current animations used for L'Aigle. These are. I worked with the animator, Ranger_SLO, to get these accurate to period drill and as natural looking as you can get in this game. The head still sometimes turns away when firing, though not always, as there are different variations of the firing animations.

Anyway, thought I'd take this opportunity to set that straight and to plug the mod.

Offline pod455

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Padraig
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2013, 02:28:05 pm »
I really like the idea of various reloading animations.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »
For the record, those aren't the current animations used for L'Aigle. These are. I worked with the animator, Ranger_SLO, to get these accurate to period drill and as natural looking as you can get in this game. The head still sometimes turns away when firing, though not always, as there are different variations of the firing animations.

Anyway, thought I'd take this opportunity to set that straight and to plug the mod.

How do you add different animations for the same type of weapon?

Offline Bad_Highlander

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2013, 03:15:52 pm »
Well given the enthusiasm in this thread after the next AZW update i think i will develop a Franco Prussian war mod. If it is successful I could develop it into the Austro-Prussian War and the Second Schleswig War (Prussian Danish war).

Spoiler
French Garde Mobile, essentially a militia.

French Chasseur a pied, French Jagers really.

[close]

Good luck with it! :)

^^He's Right^^

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2013, 03:23:51 pm »

Those look very nice! Beautiful work there!

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2013, 03:51:10 pm »

You can add variations to animations by simply adding more than one animation to the entry in module_animations.

If you look at the first entry in the life, "stand", you'll see it has four variations and four more commented out.

If you're wondering if you can have different animations for specific weapons of the same type, then no, animations can't be assigned on a per item basis.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2013, 04:02:08 pm »

You can add variations to animations by simply adding more than one animation to the entry in module_animations.

If you look at the first entry in the life, "stand", you'll see it has four variations and four more commented out.

If you're wondering if you can have different animations for specific weapons of the same type, then no, animations can't be assigned on a per item basis.

Ah, so you can't have breach loaders along side muzzle loaders since they both use the same weapon type. Shame.