Author Topic: Mod Idea Collection  (Read 120508 times)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
Re: Mod Idea Collection
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2013, 08:30:51 am »
Well given the enthusiasm in this thread after the next AZW update i think i will develop a Franco Prussian war mod. If it is successful I could develop it into the Austro-Prussian War and the Second Schleswig War (Prussian Danish war).

Spoiler
French Garde Mobile, essentially a militia.

French Chasseur a pied, French Jagers really.
[close]
Amazing! You are my fu*king hero! Wish you good luck!

You could make them have the ability to take their helmets on over thier heads.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Blame Canada

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2013, 10:09:17 am »
Well given the enthusiasm in this thread after the next AZW update i think i will develop a Franco Prussian war mod. If it is successful I could develop it into the Austro-Prussian War and the Second Schleswig War (Prussian Danish war).

Spoiler

[close]

Looks amazing, let me know if you need a history consultant on your team.

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2013, 03:04:25 pm »
I still could wish there was a ww2 mod based on Eastfront (Germany vs USSR) or just all main factions Germany, USSR, USA and Britain. I think it would be really fun to use grenade launchers, bazookas and explosives in urban maps which have the destroyable NW buildings, and maybe it's even possible to code in possibility for MG fire to destroy tree buildings?

Something like this:

or this

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2013, 03:34:49 pm »
I still could wish there was a ww2 mod based on Eastfront (Germany vs USSR) or just all main factions Germany, USSR, USA and Britain. I think it would be really fun to use grenade launchers, bazookas and explosives in urban maps which have the destroyable NW buildings, and maybe it's even possible to code in possibility for MG fire to destroy tree buildings?

Something like this:

or this

Why not just play the numerous WW2 games out there?

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2013, 04:57:49 pm »

Something like this:

or this

Indeed.
The reason I play NW is because there isn't alot of games set in this era with this gameplay style. And I want for example a Franco-Prussian war mod because it isn't any out already.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2013, 05:23:15 pm »

Something like this:

or this

Indeed.
The reason I play NW is because there isn't alot of games set in this era with this gameplay style. And I want for example a Franco-Prussian war mod because it isn't any out already.

And it would still work well in the M&B engine because the guns are single shot and melee is still prominent.

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2013, 05:46:46 pm »

Something like this:

or this

First because none of them can have nearly as many players in one server as warband, and because they are FPS only games. Most of them are also arcade type of games or singleplayer. Warband have a nice combat system which other games haven't (althought melee combat in ww2 was not as often, but was still used). I also doubt that clans in other games are as much organized or as numerous as the ones in NW. There's not many games which have traditions on making regular in-game events like here. The community in most mainstream games doesn't value historical realism but metagaming kind of playing style.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:50:10 pm by Danik »

Offline pod455

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Padraig
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2013, 06:47:53 pm »
The warband engine isn't very good at automatic fire though.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2013, 09:37:32 pm »

Something like this:

or this

First because none of them can have nearly as many players in one server as warband, and because they are FPS only games. Most of them are also arcade type of games or singleplayer. Warband have a nice combat system which other games haven't (althought melee combat in ww2 was not as often, but was still used). I also doubt that clans in other games are as much organized or as numerous as the ones in NW. There's not many games which have traditions on making regular in-game events like here. The community in most mainstream games doesn't value historical realism but metagaming kind of playing style.
Have you tried "Red Orchestra 2"?

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2013, 11:50:03 pm »
No, but I have seen it. I think they have a small player base and the servers support max 64 people.  The game modes also seems kind of arcade-oriented.

I still hope for a ww2 mod at least after release of Bannerlord or BCoF, because of mentioned reasons, and also new engine, new code scripts (possibly even automatic fire if they make gatling gun) and 500 player battles. Not like 200 wouldn't be enough either.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2013, 01:18:27 am »
No, but I have seen it. I think they have a small player base and the servers support max 64 people.  The game modes also seems kind of arcade-oriented.

I still hope for a ww2 mod at least after release of Bannerlord or BCoF, because of mentioned reasons, and also new engine, new code scripts (possibly even automatic fire if they make gatling gun) and 500 player battles. Not like 200 wouldn't be enough either.

Its not arcade like at all.

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2013, 10:17:05 am »

play Festung Breslau...fuckin creepy but a lot of fun :D

Offline pod455

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Padraig
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2013, 12:34:28 pm »

What do you mean by creepy?

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2013, 02:23:14 pm »

What do you mean by creepy?

Festung Breslau is my favourite mod how the hell is it creep?

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2013, 03:47:35 pm »

Spoiler

[close]
;D im so happy  ;D ;D ;D
EDIT: and btw if it gets succesful and you  it into the Austro-Prussian War and the Second Schleswig War (Prussian Danish war) you should know that the danes used french napoleonic wars muskets  ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:55:36 pm by Bramif »