Author Topic: Mod Idea Collection  (Read 121004 times)

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Mod Idea Collection
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2013, 12:37:27 pm »
10-days campaign anyone?  :D

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2013, 12:45:52 pm »
I ask again, how much support and interest would there really be for a Franco Prussian war mod? Would people play events weekly or would it be dead?
i would play it everyday! but you should add Denmark and Austria so it will become a german unification wars mod  ;D
Really nice idea.
But I think it would be easier to balance the Franco-Prussian war mod because both side had breech loaders. In the german unification war, prussia was the only side that used breechloaders. The other countries used front loaded muskets (I think, not sure). Either way I would be happy.

Well, a franco-german/prussian war would be epic. But if sb wants to start with easier stuff, he could do Danish-German-war. There still Muskets/rifles were used like in the secession war and "just" the textures etc. have to be changes (and stuff like Pickelhaube)

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2013, 01:06:19 pm »
I ask again, how much support and interest would there really be for a Franco Prussian war mod? Would people play events weekly or would it be dead?
i would play it everyday! but you should add Denmark and Austria so it will become a german unification wars mod  ;D
Really nice idea.
But I think it would be easier to balance the Franco-Prussian war mod because both side had breech loaders. In the german unification war, prussia was the only side that used breechloaders. The other countries used front loaded muskets (I think, not sure). Either way I would be happy.
hmm yeah and in the second schleswig war Denmark also got support from their fleet which would be really hard to make so a franko-prussian war would be good

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2013, 01:07:09 pm »
Really nice idea.

Well, a franco-german/prussian war would be epic. But if sb wants to start with easier stuff, he could do Danish-German-war. There still Muskets/rifles were used like in the secession war and "just" the textures etc. have to be changes (and stuff like Pickelhaube)
Pickelhaube!!!

Offline Blame Canada

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2013, 05:55:00 pm »
I would be very interested in helping out with a mod covering the German Wars of Unification (Denmark 1864, Austria 1866 and France 1870-1871). As a historian I have specialized in that period (Currently I am writing a thesis about the Danish soldiers' return home after the end of the Second Schleswig War in 1864).

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2013, 06:14:17 pm »
I would be very interested in helping out with a mod covering the German Wars of Unification (Denmark 1864, Austria 1866 and France 1870-1871). As a historian I have specialized in that period (Currently I am writing a thesis about the Danish soldiers' return home after the end of the Second Schleswig War in 1864).
Cool  ;D

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2013, 07:00:05 pm »
Nice!

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2013, 07:11:38 pm »
I've got a mod idea of a <conflict in the 19th century> with <faction #1> against <faction #2>. I do hope there is a <historical reference> in it!

You guys seem to be getting too over your head with these twenty total conversion mods every page. It'll be a hundred years to get these all done as there is only a handful of serious modders in the Warband community that can do stuff. Pick one or two and focus on them.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2013, 07:19:32 pm »
I've got a mod idea of a <conflict in the 19th century> with <faction #1> against <faction #2>. I do hope there is a <historical reference> in it!

You guys seem to be getting too over your head with these twenty total conversion mods every page. It'll be a hundred years to get these all done as there is only a handful of serious modders in the Warband community that can do stuff. Pick one or two and focus on them.
If you havn't noticed, this is a mod idea collection thread. You can post any ideas of mod here. So stop with that noncense you are using. Btw, we were only focusing on one era.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2013, 07:51:09 pm »

If you havn't noticed, this is a mod idea collection thread. You can post any ideas of mod here. So stop with that noncense you are using. Btw, we were only focusing on one era.

I have posted an idea, It was swallowed up by fifty of your type playing THE IDEAS GUY.

Fact is, unless you guys learn to code/model/skin all you suggest is going to be empty words. Learn the skills and help the current mods in development before flooding the thread with a suggestion for every war of the 19th century. It is a valid point. In six months time, most of these ideas will just be words in this thread.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2013, 12:55:26 am »
It's an idea thread, I congratulate the other people who have been using this thread to it's full extent to spread their creative ideas, even if none of these mods are likely ever to be made. Now please, back on topic.

Offline Blame Canada

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2013, 01:36:33 am »

I have posted an idea, It was swallowed up by fifty of your type playing THE IDEAS GUY.

Fact is, unless you guys learn to code/model/skin all you suggest is going to be empty words. Learn the skills and help the current mods in development before flooding the thread with a suggestion for every war of the 19th century. It is a valid point. In six months time, most of these ideas will just be words in this thread.

And you assume we don't have any of those skills. I started and ran the Graphics Improvement Project (GIP) for Hearts of Iron II a couple of years ago, and the last release of that, which I was involved in, got app. 250.000 downloads, so I have a bit of experience.

Edit: Besides this I am currently involved in the creation of "1864 - Shellshock" a cartoonish-kinda game based on the Second Schleswig War (1864) as a history consultant. An early trailer can be found here:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:45:34 am by Blame Canada »

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2013, 01:46:41 am »
This thread is for dreamers, SeanBean. I personally hope to see the WH40K mod come out, otherwise that's the mod I'd love to see. A WH40k Full Conversion mod for NW. :P

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2013, 02:15:17 am »
Well given the enthusiasm in this thread after the next AZW update i think i will develop a Franco Prussian war mod. If it is successful I could develop it into the Austro-Prussian War and the Second Schleswig War (Prussian Danish war).

Spoiler
French Garde Mobile, essentially a militia.

French Chasseur a pied, French Jagers really.

[close]

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2013, 08:24:12 am »
Well given the enthusiasm in this thread after the next AZW update i think i will develop a Franco Prussian war mod. If it is successful I could develop it into the Austro-Prussian War and the Second Schleswig War (Prussian Danish war).

Spoiler
French Garde Mobile, essentially a militia.

French Chasseur a pied, French Jagers really.

[close]
Amazing! You are my fu*king hero! Wish you good luck!