Author Topic: Mod Idea Collection  (Read 120874 times)

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Mod Idea Collection
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 08:56:47 pm »
I had an idea of a mod set in the 18th century but having calradian factions instead.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:01:20 pm by Dasvi2018 »
Quote from: Adam Jensen
If you want to make enemies..try to change something
Quote from: Stalin
The loss of 1 man is a tragedy,the loss of 5 million..is a statistic

Offline Venom

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2013, 07:35:30 am »
there should be a pedo bear mod lol

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 08:44:56 am »
A "German Unification Wars Mod" would be awesome. Covering the three wars that led to the final unification of Germany:

The Second Schleswig War (1864)
Prussia & Austria vs Denmark

The Austro-Prussian War (1866)
Prussia vs Austria (both supported by their minor German allies)

The Franco-Prussian War (1870-1871)
Prussia (and minor allies) vs France

I like that idea. :)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2013, 02:01:00 pm »
i had an idea for a lord of the rings mod for mount and blade warband

That already exists... the Hornburg mod

Isn't that mod M&B and not Warband? Which is the sad thing.
And tbh, I think it would be cool to have something like that (MP) with the NW unit system :D.

-Dekkers
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:22:59 pm by Dekkers »
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Blame Canada

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2013, 02:29:53 pm »

And tbh, I think it would be cool to have something like that (MP) with the NW unit system :D.

-Dekkers

I have it for Warband.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2013, 02:41:19 pm »
I'm seeing a lot of major Total Conversion style suggestions being thrown around here already, but what I want it a something small and client side.

Basically, Officers are really hard to make out in line battles especially for people who aren't hardcore history nerds like ourselves. Props to the realism of it all but it makes organising and playing some regiments annoying especially cav when people can't tell who is the Officer.

I suggest either a dedicated Officer reskin mod, or a more simpler version of returning the Bicorn hat to most of the Napoleonic Wars officers with too identical shakos. The latter is incredibly easy, reskinning the Austrian Artillery Officers and Crews Bicorns might be the hardest part.

I had an idea of a mod set in the 18th century but having calradian factions instead.

There is a single player Warband Mod like that in the works, why not help the guy out behind it ;).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:45:05 pm by SeanBeansShako »

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 03:29:41 pm »
Well I had an idea for a mod that would basically be the "Waterloo Mod" the idea is to replace all of the factions that weren't at Waterloo and replace them with ones that were. So for example replace the Austrians with the Netherlands and replace the Russians with Brunswick. And then edit the current in-game uniforms to Waterloo period accurate uniforms. And then have detailed maps of the different places on the map. We already have Quatre Bras, La Haye Sainte and Hougoumont, we could also add places like Ligny, the allied center ridge, Plancenoit, Papelotte, and maybe La Belle Alliance although I'm not sure if any fighting took place there.

Also I had an idea for a gamemode called "Linebattle Mode" where it would function very similarly to a conquest/battle mode but each side would have a "camp" where there would something like a baggage train or a camp where soldiers could heal and grab more ammo. Basically it would be a giant map and it could be played like this, one team is the "attacking" team and the other is the "defending" team. The defenders have certain points along the "lines" that they need to hold against the attackers, if all of the points are taken this basically means the defending army is routed and they lose. But if they manage to kill off the attackers before that happens then they win. An example would be to imagine a large Waterloo map. The defending team has to hold Papelotte, La Haye Sainte, the center ridge, and Hougoumont.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:10:28 pm by KillerMongoose »

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2013, 03:36:00 pm »
How about the dutch-english naval wars?

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 03:48:17 pm »
An Anglo-Dutch Wars mod? I'd be interested!

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 06:42:14 pm »
I don't think NW lends itself for naval warfare.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »

-Dekkers

I have it for Warband.

:O
Can I have a download link? :D

-Dekkers
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2013, 06:58:43 pm »
That would be really amazing!

Offline Van_Hulstein

• Captain
  • Orangist and very proud ex-33rd Lieutenant.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NL_VanHulstein
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2013, 09:25:37 pm »
This are my ideas:

Eighty years of war in the Netherlands, Boer war, Anglo-Dutch War, the New World (based on the game American Conquest) and Napoleonic Wars with the Dutch faction in it! :)
Practicly I am begging you to have a Dutch faction in your mod.
Probably I have to make one myself, so what of these subjects you found the mose interesting?
Nunc aut nunquam

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2013, 09:31:52 pm »
This are my ideas:

Eighty years of war in the Netherlands, Boer war, Anglo-Dutch War, the New World (based on the game American Conquest) and Napoleonic Wars with the Dutch faction in it! :)
Practicly I am begging you to have a Dutch faction in your mod.
Probably I have to make one myself, so what of these subjects you found the mose interesting?

What do you think of my idea?

Spoiler
Well I had an idea for a mod that would basically be the "Waterloo Mod" the idea is to replace all of the factions that weren't at Waterloo and replace them with ones that were. So for example replace the Austrians with the Netherlands and replace the Russians with Brunswick. And then edit the current in-game uniforms to Waterloo period accurate uniforms. And then have detailed maps of the different places on the map. We already have Quatre Bras, La Haye Sainte and Hougoumont, we could also add places like Ligny, the allied center ridge, Plancenoit, Papelotte, and maybe La Belle Alliance although I'm not sure if any fighting took place there.

Also I had an idea for a gamemode called "Linebattle Mode" where it would function very similarly to a conquest/battle mode but each side would have a "camp" where there would something like a baggage train or a camp where soldiers could heal and grab more ammo. Basically it would be a giant map and it could be played like this, one team is the "attacking" team and the other is the "defending" team. The defenders have certain points along the "lines" that they need to hold against the attackers, if all of the points are taken this basically means the defending army is routed and they lose. But if they manage to kill off the attackers before that happens then they win. An example would be to imagine a large Waterloo map. The defending team has to hold Papelotte, La Haye Sainte, the center ridge, and Hougoumont.
[close]

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2013, 09:53:25 pm »
80 years of war sounds gut :).

During that time the Spanish ''Armada'' or something also invaded Brittain so you can have more then 2 factions.
The war also had sieges and everything, guns and pikes. I think it would be really interesting to have something like that!

-Dekkers