Author Topic: Mod Idea Collection  (Read 120491 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Mod Idea Collection
« Reply #435 on: March 06, 2014, 08:31:21 pm »
A TDM focused mod based on 1920's era Chicago, with Police and G-Man being one faction and Gangsters being the other.

Offline Ancient

• First Sergeant
  • The Resurrection
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #436 on: March 08, 2014, 03:36:43 pm »
An Island Survival. Shipwrecked with however many others, you need shelter, food and weapons to survive hunger, animals and each other. Crafting involved. Low tier weaponry. Lone survivor or group however you want.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
« Reply #437 on: March 11, 2014, 07:26:24 am »
Well, about the cinematic mod thing, we would need the help of at least two or three animators, plus a coder to put in all the different hotkeys in the game.

Sadly, I have no idea on how to do either. My only contribution could be making skins to add a bigger regimental variety (NCO ranks, damaged uniforms, hat choices, etc)...

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 11, 2014, 12:54:19 pm »
An Island Survival. Shipwrecked with however many others, you need shelter, food and weapons to survive hunger, animals and each other. Crafting involved. Low tier weaponry. Lone survivor or group however you want.

I made Minecraft, too! :)
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Snaky_Cake

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 16, 2014, 01:35:26 pm »
A Colonization mod. A mod around 1850's with European empire factions, and natives.
Anglo-Zulu is along those lines.
I know but with the un-balanced argument, a composure of the Anglo-Zulu war, Boer war, the war with the French foreign legions etc.

if you do that then, make sure you put the Aussies in

Offline SilentMan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Cyberbully
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 27, 2014, 07:08:59 am »
not a single decent mod for this game has been finished or ever will be finished, this thread is pointless to be honest

lets go through all of the mods that have came out. NaS was fun for a bit, until the developers didn't give a shit anymore. AZW is dead, Blood and Iron dead, Bello Civili = dead.
Iron Europe is the only mod being developed by a decent team, but let's be realistic, we'll probably play it for a week and then forget about it, like the others.

They all doubted me on this lol.

I say again just stop trying to make mods I think the community is tired of being disappointed.
63e

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #441 on: May 02, 2014, 03:55:55 pm »
It's not always to just make mods.
It also has it's educative value. I used MnG to learn how to do what I do today. Your predictions only last for the first few days, so a short run, but you don't see the long run.
Secondly, who said the community was dissapointed? Are you, silentman, the new community speaker?
Honestly, I question if people even want mods to be maid? I keep asking myself cause, a new dev makes a new thread, BAM instantly becomes a torture thread to the user/developer, instead of helping the user with the mod or supporting him? How can you say you want a mod to be maid whilst you don't even give a try or automatically lose hope and give up because of small things? and if you do give one try and then say it's dead simply cause you didn't like it? How can one just say on the first release that the game will never become better?
I seriously am losing hope in a community like this, where the pessemists take the lead on arguments. What happened to being optimistic and helping developers make yours and his dream come true? I never had that kind of response in Talesworld.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:06:24 pm by Betaknight »
The first modder for NW.

Offline Bruin

• Sergeant
  • Don't expect much out of me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_SoPV_Bruin
« Reply #442 on: May 06, 2014, 12:25:17 am »
zoom in and out for recruitment videos. With out someone spectating and recording you can kill two birds with one stone.

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 06, 2014, 07:02:08 pm »
I say again just stop trying to make mods I think the community is tired of being disappointed.
The community is tired of being disappointed? Surely the modders are tired of being disappointed. They spend months, maybe even years, trying to make a good mod which people will enjoy. The resulting product is played for a few weeks/months or so and then the community goes "well that wasn't worth the wait". How does that make the developers feel? Their work thrown away by insensitive community members (such as yourself, I imagine), and when they endeavour to improve the mod, the community says "why bother?". What can you expect from a game ran on a crappy engine?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #444 on: May 06, 2014, 07:22:07 pm »
Star Wars + NW = Epic

Posted via taptotalk
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #445 on: May 10, 2014, 12:15:42 am »
zoom in and out for recruitment videos. With out someone spectating and recording you can kill two birds with one stone.
[/]

Also a lovely button to disable the HUD would be nice to get rid of that nasty scoreboard and timer.

Offline LLCoolJ

• Volunteer
  • ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise them ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 42ndON[L]_LLCoolJ
« Reply #446 on: May 27, 2014, 04:14:14 am »
A finished L'aigle...
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise them ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Offline GrandMaster

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_LCpl_Dougal_MacGregor
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #447 on: May 28, 2014, 02:15:19 am »
A finished L'aigle...
Now that's an idea

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #448 on: May 28, 2014, 02:57:24 am »
The community is tired of being disappointed? Surely the modders are tired of being disappointed. They spend months, maybe even years, trying to make a good mod which people will enjoy. The resulting product is played for a few weeks/months or so and then the community goes "well that wasn't worth the wait". How does that make the developers feel? Their work thrown away by insensitive community members (such as yourself, I imagine), and when they endeavour to improve the mod, the community says "why bother?". What can you expect from a game ran on a crappy engine?
Amen.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 11, 2014, 03:24:37 am »
How about a mod where the reloading animation is replaced by the load and spit technique?

I know that the idea of it is going to be... unpleasant and such and may have not been historical but I would like to see this happen.