Author Topic: Mod Idea Collection  (Read 120492 times)

Offline Harybo

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Mod Idea Collection
« Reply #390 on: December 16, 2013, 04:23:30 am »
. As something that became a huge part of the previous games, modding is a primary consideration when developing Bannerlord.

http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/3

Hopefully they will make it as moddable as possible.

Yea it looks great, hopefully something like openbrf will be made unless the current openbrf will still be usable for Bannerlord

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #391 on: December 16, 2013, 04:24:48 am »
Mount and Blade games are made for modding. If Bannerlord has little to no modding capabilities, not many people will buy it.

Offline SilentMan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Cyberbully
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #392 on: December 16, 2013, 04:34:47 am »
not a single decent mod for this game has been finished or ever will be finished, this thread is pointless to be honest
63e

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #393 on: December 16, 2013, 08:40:27 am »
not a single decent mod for this game has been finished or ever will be finished, this thread is pointless to be honest
Then you are either stupid or blind.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #394 on: December 16, 2013, 03:27:23 pm »
Such little faith, much blind, so much, wow.

In all seriousness, mods are never finished, there is always place for improvement. I think you meant none will be properly developed or released. There are many mods around that can't finish or egin because of lack of skillful people or skills. Most of the time it's just to get attention or they see it in their minds, but don't have the skill, the head developer always forgets to get a team who knows what they are doing, instead of only making a thread with a loading screen and flag change. That is not a full mod nor does it show much skill in the modding team.
The first modder for NW.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #395 on: December 16, 2013, 03:35:46 pm »
Then you are either stupid or blind.

He's a troll. Don't acknowledge him. He'll go crawling back under his bridge once he realizes no one cares to hear what he has to say.

Offline SilentMan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Cyberbully
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 17, 2013, 05:25:00 am »
lol why so hostile kpetschulat?

lets go through all of the mods that have came out. NaS was fun for a bit, until the developers didn't give a shit anymore. AZW is dead, Blood and Iron dead, Bello Civili = dead.
Iron Europe is the only mod being developed by a decent team, but let's be realistic, we'll probably play it for a week and then forget about it, like the others.
63e

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 17, 2013, 06:11:04 am »
lets go through all of the mods that have came out. NaS was fun for a bit, until the developers didn't give a shit anymore. AZW is dead, Blood and Iron dead, Bello Civili = dead.
Iron Europe is the only mod being developed by a decent team, but let's be realistic, we'll probably play it for a week and then forget about it, like the others.
N&S Gettysburg was announced to be released as a continuation of the old N&S.
AZW is undergoing redevelopment by the team.
Blood & Iron is being actively developed by Willhelm for a new release soon.
Bello Civil was updated to 2.0 with Egypt faction.

If you consider the only decent team only for one mod despite others like BC and N&S having FSE developers and modders like Docm30 working on these projects you are mistaken.
Now the last sentence has some truth to the statement, some people do play for a week and leave the module affairs. The community holds everything together for annual events.

Iron Europe is highly anticipated as a NW mod should be that is actively developed and succeeding in their goal before public release.

A mod is never dead until the entire community looses interest in the theme and the developers quit development alltogether.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Harybo

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 17, 2013, 08:50:39 am »
lol why so hostile kpetschulat?

How is that hostile? He's not being more hostile than you

AZW isn't dead at all, there have been atleast one or two servers with a few players on every last time I've checked

Offline SizeMcWave

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 22, 2013, 08:22:24 pm »
I have an idea for a mod,  can there be a mod that has instant/faster reload, no smoke from firearms {muskets, rifles and cannons} and have bullet "trails" last for a little while. I believe this would be a valuable resource for firearm training.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #400 on: December 23, 2013, 07:23:38 pm »
A war of 1812 mod would be loads of fun, Also one on the war of independence?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 23, 2013, 08:04:07 pm »
I have an idea for a mod,  can there be a mod that has instant/faster reload, no smoke from firearms {muskets, rifles and cannons} and have bullet "trails" last for a little while. I believe this would be a valuable resource for firearm training.
The no smoke from firearms/cannons can be easily done by just disabling your particle effects in your options...  ;)

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #402 on: December 24, 2013, 06:02:00 pm »

Most of that can be done client side, i already have a tracer mod out which turns the bullets into giant red balls.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 30, 2013, 11:25:24 am »
I want more mount mods we need to compete with world of warcraft dammit.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #404 on: December 30, 2013, 11:28:56 am »
I want moose cavalry!