Author Topic: Mod Idea Collection  (Read 120907 times)

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Mod Idea Collection
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2013, 06:19:08 pm »
True. Scene props would only ever really be need in city areas ect. Apart from maybe a shrine or temple,something like that to add effect. I always imaged  it as the new Japan(Armed and trained by west troops) and the old clans(Set in there ways,ie no modern weapons.)
So much like "fall of the samuire" type thing. With new Japan having the power if modern rifles,cannons and man power.Old Japan would  have much stronger melee units and cav units. While still using bows which gives them a disadvage, they have both power and skill.

I don't think many people will play some  bunch of Samurai's armed with swords and bows against modern troops armed with breech-loading rifles and artillery.

A reasonable solution could be the bots, just like in the Anglo-Zulu war mod.

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #211 on: April 24, 2013, 06:52:42 pm »
Sadly that mod(No offence to Will or the other devs)fell on it's arse. The balcence and as you said,not many people want to play zulu(this case Samuire).So maybe having two factions with modern weapons and things would work out better.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2013, 08:43:57 pm »
Sadly that mod(No offence to Will or the other devs)fell on it's arse. The balcence and as you said,not many people want to play zulu(this case Samuire).So maybe having two factions with modern weapons and things would work out better.

Which is why I want to have the Imperial (Mostly modern, some traditional units), the Shogunate (Half modern, half traditional), and a fully Samurai neutral factions (All traditional, with a few modern rifles.)

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2013, 09:11:10 pm »

Which is why I want to have the Imperial (Mostly modern, some traditional units), the Shogunate (Half modern, half traditional), and a fully Samurai neutral factions (All traditional, with a few modern rifles.)

No one will ever take those traditional units, then.
If the technology were the same than in Napoleonic wars then it will be factible, but not in the Boshin war, not with breech-loading rifles, repeating rifles and machine guns.

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
« Reply #214 on: April 24, 2013, 09:25:23 pm »
We wouldn't be forcing them to take the old units. But it's there so if people want the "Last samuire" sort of thing they can.  ;D It would be intresting to see how it went out.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 24, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »
We wouldn't be forcing them to take the old units. But it's there so if people want the "Last samuire" sort of thing they can.  ;D It would be intresting to see how it went out.

That's what I call a massacre.
But I won't lie, that could be interesting.

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2013, 12:05:56 pm »
Maybe a Boshin War mod  :P

http://www.moddb.com/mods/boshin-no-jietai

But I'm pretty sure it's dead now.

Yeah, unfortunately mod progress died, and the devs cancelled the project. Still, a Boshin War mod would be amazing.

Anyone up for starting a Boshin War mod team? :3
If i had any modding skill i would help  :P

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2013, 07:36:40 pm »
In the release of NW, everyone wanted a "NW-Persistend World" Mod. But the module system wasn't out so now it's forgotten. Who wants to make it?

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2013, 07:54:45 pm »
In the release of NW, everyone wanted a "NW-Persistend World" Mod. But the module system wasn't out so now it's forgotten. Who wants to make it?
My idea :() who wants to make my idea true?
The first modder for NW.

Offline Venom

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »
a zombie mod a bit like anglo-zulu but with zombies and maybe modern times

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »

You could make some farmer "uniforms" :P

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2013, 08:37:23 pm »

You could make some farmer "uniforms" :P
Farmer? Why I never, I will do the french national guard and militia :D
The first modder for NW.

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2013, 10:35:59 pm »
Anyone who would be interested in developing such a Napoleonic Persistent World Mod, send me a PM please.

Offline Henk

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://www.33rd.eu/home
  • Nick: 33rd Sjt Henk
« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2013, 09:27:54 am »
game of thrones mod ?
"We are not a smart, social regiment. We do not seek to be ever in the headlines. We do not pretend to have some special expertise. Indeed perhaps what makes us special is that we do not seek to be any of those things.
“We are ordinary, straightforward folk who stick together. We have in the Duke's some of the best soldiers in the world. I would back the Duke's soldier - the good, honest, straight forward, hard working Yorkshireman - against any soldiers in the world.”

Regards,
Sjt Henk

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2013, 03:41:37 pm »
game of thrones mod ?

I beleave that's already being made ;) Check out http://forums.taleworlds.com/ or something for that ;)
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"