Author Topic: Mod Idea Collection  (Read 121018 times)

Offline Reverse

• Second Lieutenant
  • Rule Britannia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Reverse
  • Side: Union
Re: Mod Idea Collection
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2013, 11:39:56 pm »
I think one of the two English civil wars would be cool

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2013, 11:49:51 pm »
There wasn't 2, either 1 grouped together or 3 split up.

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2013, 08:57:29 pm »
I think, a War of 1812 mod would be nice. British/Canadians/Natives vs. Americans/Natives/French. "1812"

A War of 1812 Mod would be excellent for NW. I am shocked that the first attempt died for lack of a coder since I think code changes would be so minimal...reducing factions to 2, changing the descriptions on the menus etc. Gameplay would remain the same. New models required would also be few in number; some american hats, a tomahawk, a long rifle, half stocking the British Baker rifle so it looks like a US Harpers Ferry, and clipping the point of the British model 1796 saber so it looks like a US Nathan Starr saber. The biggest task would be the skinning of the US units, the Canadian Militia, some Native American warriors, and tweeking some of the British skins. As far as maps go I have already made five of them, all forts. I wish someone who is good at skinning would pick it up again.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:49:48 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Charles William

• First Lieutenant
  • War of 1812, MAW Head Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2013, 01:31:20 am »
After my mod Mexican American War im thinking of making a sub mod about War of 1812 with two factions USA and United Kingdom  ;D :D oh and Native americans included in British Units
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:40:03 am by Charles William »
Head Developer of the Mexican American War Mod and War of 1812 Mod

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2013, 01:36:49 am »
I am not sure I understand your reasoning for making Canada a separate faction from Britain. Canada is known as British North America in 1812. If your worried about getting enough Canadian Militia units in the British faction, the factions for this mod would be larger than normal since it only has two of them.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:42:05 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Charles William

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2013, 01:40:46 am »
I am not sure I understand your reasoning for making Canada a separate faction from Britain. Canada is known as British North America at this time. If your worried about getting enough Canadian Militia units in the British faction, the factions for this mod would be larger than normal since it only has two of them.

hmm..................well then  ::).....  8) i'll make it two instead

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2013, 01:47:09 am »
I am not sure I understand your reasoning for making Canada a separate faction from Britain. Canada is known as British North America at this time. If your worried about getting enough Canadian Militia units in the British faction, the factions for this mod would be larger than normal since it only has two of them.

Hooray!!! The War of 1812 Mod might not be dead after all.

Offline Charles William

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2013, 01:57:51 am »

Hooray!!! The War of 1812 Mod might not be dead after all.
HAHAHA!! well i hope i'll be done with my mod and do the testing and then release the alpha and work on this
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:01:51 am by Charles William »

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2013, 05:18:05 am »
Small mod to help out melee> disable all bushes or anything you can walk through that you can see through. Like remove them or make the texture/model really really small.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2013, 05:23:55 am »
I want to see an U83R 1337 HAX mod that can turn my muskets into fully auto M16's. That way, I can mow bitches down, fierce. GF GF GF

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2013, 12:19:19 pm »
Small mod to help out melee> disable all bushes or anything you can walk through that you can see through. Like remove them or make the texture/model really really small.
that's considerd cheating.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2013, 03:04:18 pm »
A huge texture pack that will replace the NW units with early 18th century units.

Why not a 18th century mod?
Because those mods never work, or come alive. With a huge texture pack you will still have the same amount of people playing. But still you can decide wether you want the NW units or units like this:

British Line infantrie
Spoiler
[close]

British Grenadiers
Spoiler
[close]

Swedish Line Infantrie
Spoiler
[close]

Prussian Grenadiers
Spoiler
[close]

You could even just keep the factions for a big part. Then change the skins and add some if needed, for example: the Russian grens didn't change much I beleave, so you can just keep those or edit them a little bit. Also: If there were mods in progress, but they quit their work. You might get some skins from them?

Just an idea, but I prefer having sexy stuff, but still the same experience with 100+ battles on EU1
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2013, 03:19:43 pm »
A huge texture pack that will replace the NW units with early 18th century units.

Because those mods never work, or come alive. With a huge texture pack you will still have the same amount of people playing. But still you can decide wether you want the NW units or units like this:

British Line infantrie
Spoiler
[close]

British Grenadiers
Spoiler
[close]

Swedish Line Infantrie
Spoiler
[close]

Prussian Grenadiers
Spoiler
[close]

You could even just keep the factions for a big part. Then change the skins and add some if needed, for example: the Russian grens didn't change much I beleave, so you can just keep those or edit them a little bit. Also: If there were mods in progress, but they quit their work. You might get some skins from them?

Just an idea, but I prefer having sexy stuff, but still the same experience with 100+ battles on EU1

Amazing idea. Its *Sniff* *Sniff* Beautiful.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2013, 04:18:20 pm »

British Line infantrie
Spoiler
[close]

British Grenadiers
Spoiler
[close]

Swedish Line Infantrie
Spoiler
[close]

Prussian Grenadiers
Spoiler
[close]

Nice idea but you would need to remember all the previous models in lbs.