Author Topic: Mod Idea Collection  (Read 120932 times)

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Mod Idea Collection
« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2015, 06:36:38 pm »
I have a mod idea that's way cooler than all of your ideas and it is sexy and badass.

A Sharpe-themed overhaul mod.

Reskin several units in the game to some of the uniforms from the Sharpe series, for example:
French Voltigeurs = Brigade Loup Infantry
French Dragoons or Hussars = Brigade Loup Cavalry
British Line Infantry = South Essex
Real Compania Irlandesa
The hilariously inaccurate French(/Polish?) lancers
British Horse-Guards = Provosts
British light infantry = The Dutch jaegers from Quatre Bras

Also replace all of the in-game music with the sexy sexy 80s music from the Sharpe soundtrack

Reskin the 95th Riflemen to have the chosen-men armband
Give the 95th Rifle sergeant a 9-barreled volley gun (just a reskin, doesn't actually have 9 barrels)
Sharpe-style texture for the 95th Rifle officer complete with heavy cavalry sword

Replace the 95th Rifle Officer's shouts with the multitude of creative cuss-words and insults shouted by Sharpe throughout the series
this.

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: N/A
« Reply #466 on: August 21, 2015, 09:08:50 pm »
I have a mod idea that's way cooler than all of your ideas and it is sexy and badass.

A Sharpe-themed overhaul mod.

Reskin several units in the game to some of the uniforms from the Sharpe series, for example:
French Voltigeurs = Brigade Loup Infantry
French Dragoons or Hussars = Brigade Loup Cavalry
British Line Infantry = South Essex
Real Compania Irlandesa
The hilariously inaccurate French(/Polish?) lancers
British Horse-Guards = Provosts
British light infantry = The Dutch jaegers from Quatre Bras

Also replace all of the in-game music with the sexy sexy 80s music from the Sharpe soundtrack

Reskin the 95th Riflemen to have the chosen-men armband
Give the 95th Rifle sergeant a 9-barreled volley gun (just a reskin, doesn't actually have 9 barrels)
Sharpe-style texture for the 95th Rifle officer complete with heavy cavalry sword

Replace the 95th Rifle Officer's shouts with the multitude of creative cuss-words and insults shouted by Sharpe throughout the series
this.

Oh my god, that would be so swag.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #467 on: August 23, 2015, 12:40:40 am »
White Band of Courage intended to do that. I don't know if Marks is going to continue it.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #468 on: August 23, 2015, 01:47:50 am »
m8 Napoleon in Egypt would have been swag mod m8

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 04, 2015, 03:15:32 am »
Someone needs to make a WW2 mod. That would be bae.

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 04, 2015, 03:17:42 am »
We need an Anglo Nepalese War mod.

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 04, 2015, 03:18:50 am »
I'd like to see a 17th Century Mod!  ::)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #472 on: September 04, 2015, 05:48:16 pm »
I'd like to see a 17th Century Mod!  ::)

I agree. There is just a Century of War. Someone should create another mod in this era

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 04, 2015, 09:49:01 pm »
Hmmm. I wonder who else is doing that?  ::)

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 04, 2015, 11:33:54 pm »
new models and textures for muskets and pistols would be nice, along with animated pistol locks :P

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 04, 2015, 11:35:36 pm »
Great northern war mod. DO EEEEEET!

Offline Jean-Luc Picard

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 22, 2015, 04:34:14 pm »
Instant Ragdoll mod.

No death animations, where you're running or where you're standing. If you die, your body drops.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #477 on: September 22, 2015, 04:36:18 pm »
Instant Ragdoll mod.

No death animations, where you're running or where you're standing. If you die, your body drops.

Just remove them from actions.txt file  :)

Offline Jean-Luc Picard

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 22, 2015, 06:02:10 pm »
Instant Ragdoll mod.

Just remove them from actions.txt file  :)

I tried this but just got unexpected crashes on launch directed to my action file.

https://www.mediafire.com/?r72cm3ppy1j2vfy

I simply tried removing the lines

For all falls, but that caused crashes, so then I removed all of it including fall_chest_front fall_abdomen_hold_front etc etc.. Still crashes.

If you know what you're doing more than I do feel free to download it and give it a go, beware I use mods so the action file might make you crash anyway.

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
« Reply #479 on: October 07, 2015, 03:42:30 am »
I was intented to make such mod myself, but for now I am totally busy with Crimean War mod and I don't know if I will make another mods after finishing it. So I give this crazy idea away:)

Mod about evil cosplayers:)
Storyline: idea is like in "Hard to be a God and in The Warlock in Spite of Himself (btw mods, based on these books will be great). Something happened in the future - someone brought in Kalradia bunch of comics (or conducted Internet access) and medieval people, were so excited, that comics and movies about superheroes became too popular, so there are too many cosplayers, and they are fighting, proving that their favorite heroes are better, and not so big amount of sane people oppose and resist them. And also this speeded up progress, so there is some modern stuff.  Player is agent of powerful peacekeeping institution from Earth, and he must find out, what happened here and unite disjunct factions in one nation, it is up to him how.
Factions:
Marvel Heroes, Marvel Villains, DC Heroes, DC Villains, Star Wars Heroes, Star Wars Villains, Star Trek Heroes, Star Trek Villains, TMNT Heroes, TMNT Villains, Tolkienists-Heroes, Tolkienists-Villains, Reenactors (of all periods of history), Other Universes (cosplayers of Pokemons, Avatar, Adventure Time, Game of Thrones, Terry Pratchett's books, Starship Troopers, different Anime, Mad Max, Firefly, Terminator, Transformers, Aliens, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Half-Life, cowboys and indians and others universes) and Sane People.
Heroes factions are always hostile to Villains factions, Marvel factions are always hostile to DC factions, Star Wars factions are always hostile to Star Trek factions, Sane People are always hostile to all cosplayers.
Features:
- Comics style (fonts, windows of dialogs, inventory etc.)
- Common cosplayers are in costumes of minor characters (like Doombots, Stormtroopers, or Foot ninjas, Orks etc.)
- Instead of Lords - Bosses, in costumes of main characters (like Iron Man, Batman, Darth Vader etc.)
- Sane People - policemen, horse policemen, workers, doctors, teachers, firemen and other professions
- NPC - from those characters, who are single or don't have their followers (like John Rambo)
- Instead of pretenders to the throne - cosplayers of rival single characters, who want to be leader of their faction (like Captain America wants to be leader instead of Iron Man) and cosplayers, who think that their costume is better than leader of faction wears.
- Forts and towns - like in proper comics and universes - Gotham, Metropolis, TMNT Lair, Death Star, Mordor, Ank-Morpork etc.
- Weapons - just regular melee and ranged medieval weapons, which looks like as in comics.
- Books - different comic books.

Cosplayers and not actually superheroes - because they are common people and so there is no need to sript superpowers or make new skeletons, all creatures are just costumes and so it is possible to take models from other mods and games:)
I think it will be mod with tons of fun and easter eggs xD
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:32:06 pm by Ivkolya »