Author Topic: Mod Idea Collection  (Read 120517 times)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Mod Idea Collection
« Reply #420 on: January 24, 2014, 08:49:35 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcio_Fiorentino
Shit is intense.

Not sure what the purpose of this?

Sort of like rageball from crpg. It is a fistfight with a scoring element. Bout it.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #421 on: January 25, 2014, 06:30:30 pm »
Warhammer fantasy PW

Kinda explains itself  ;)

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #422 on: January 25, 2014, 06:41:46 pm »
A western PW would be great. I never got why they did PF when a Western version would have been much better.

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stBnYLR_Maj_Blucher
  • Side: Union
« Reply #423 on: January 26, 2014, 04:58:32 pm »
Warhammer fantasy PW

Kinda explains itself  ;)

I agree on that but problem is...... I don't think much people would have that much interest in it. Warhammer Fant. is amazing in my opinion but not a lot of people know what it is. Also Warhammer 40k is like the only thing people know... makes me sad :( 
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
« Reply #424 on: January 26, 2014, 08:03:07 pm »
I want to know if you guys think this is a good idea.

https://i.imgur.com/a/v4Kcz

As u see instead of ranks musicians and ensign make it so a regiment has companies I know they still have gloves and wrong pants and is just the 51st and coldstream :P That was just to try it out and obviously give the light company and gren company the stats they need. And make it so there is like junior officer and Senior officer.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #425 on: January 26, 2014, 08:56:32 pm »
It's a good idea, but the problem is, you won't be able to visualize the officers from each company.

Offline Xaime

• Captain
  • lul
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 30, 2014, 07:23:07 am »
eighty years war, there i said it!

Offline GrandMaster

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_LCpl_Dougal_MacGregor
« Reply #427 on: February 12, 2014, 11:18:56 pm »
eighty years war, there i said it!

I guess that could work really well as you could have various units which would contrast really well, as Tercio squares would give French heavy Cavalry a run for their money.

Offline GrandMaster

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_LCpl_Dougal_MacGregor
« Reply #428 on: February 12, 2014, 11:25:35 pm »
Tactics used by the dutch during the 80 years war: http://bit.ly/1g8sCzp

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #429 on: February 12, 2014, 11:44:05 pm »
I want to know if you guys think this is a good idea.

https://i.imgur.com/a/v4Kcz

As u see instead of ranks musicians and ensign make it so a regiment has companies I know they still have gloves and wrong pants and is just the 51st and coldstream :P That was just to try it out and obviously give the light company and gren company the stats they need. And make it so there is like junior officer and Senior officer.

Fantastic idea!  ;D
Pointy stick champion

Offline -~Carson~-

• Corporal
  • thatguy1234
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 01, 2014, 09:52:27 pm »
A western PW would be great. I never got why they did PF when a Western version would have been much better.

that would be cool!

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
« Reply #431 on: March 02, 2014, 03:59:34 pm »
Well I came up with an idea for a non-gaming mod, but rather a 'cinematic' mod for NW, that can be used for recording more complex machinimas or clan recruitment videos.

Basically, a mod in which we add to the game lots of 'drill' and 'parade' animations and weapon poses, such as a real "shoulder arms", "present arms", "charge bayonets", "port arms", "trail arms", etc. Plus, adding detachable bayonets to the weapons, different sword poses for mounted cavalry and various unarmed poses would improve the realistic feel of the game.

Also, making bots walk instead of run may help to make them keep line cohesion while moving around, and being able to spawn flags in commander battles would be nice too.

What do you chaps think? Bear in mind this mod isn't supposed to be played, but used as a tool for recording fancy stuff.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #432 on: March 02, 2014, 10:13:57 pm »
Well I came up with an idea for a non-gaming mod, but rather a 'cinematic' mod for NW, that can be used for recording more complex machinimas or clan recruitment videos.

Basically, a mod in which we add to the game lots of 'drill' and 'parade' animations and weapon poses, such as a real "shoulder arms", "present arms", "charge bayonets", "port arms", "trail arms", etc. Plus, adding detachable bayonets to the weapons, different sword poses for mounted cavalry and various unarmed poses would improve the realistic feel of the game.

Also, making bots walk instead of run may help to make them keep line cohesion while moving around, and being able to spawn flags in commander battles would be nice too.

What do you chaps think? Bear in mind this mod isn't supposed to be played, but used as a tool for recording fancy stuff.

I love this idea, although why not simply utilise the battle formations kit and add some additional *parade* commands so that one can play NW with this as a side. One other thing I've missed (unless I just haven't been looking hard enough) was some form of "cinematic cam" which basically makes the camera smooth, easier to move on a plane, not so jittery for those Peter Jackson shots of bots mindlessly killing each other...
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #433 on: March 04, 2014, 07:36:34 pm »
I'm sure a camera speed can be coded, and the rest like animation can be done seperately, except for the shoulder arms, that part I haven't seen done, since switching rifle holding hands is more of a taboo. But te community always seems to surprise me with more things.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #434 on: March 04, 2014, 08:49:17 pm »
+1 for the spectator/cinematic mod
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.