Author Topic: Blitz_craig 's Historical Maps [29 Total]  (Read 46124 times)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Yes, but it keeps people from fighting over it while online. Also, I don't put mm_spawn with artillery on many of my maps but it looks like it was added after download by people who are using them. This would cause even more guns to appear. Anyway, I do admit that New Orleans has a butload of artillery on it but that was the way it was historically. We'll just have to see how it plays.

Your choice ofcourse, but more artillery = more lagg on certain maps. And btw, on your Italian map (The one used on 33rd siege) there are quite some walls to low. You can jump on them and reach the flag without effort ;) Just saying
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Side: Union
I know the problem with the map you are speaking of. I corrected it a week ago and I am still waiting for MrSt3fan to update the server.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I know the problem with the map you are speaking of. I corrected it a week ago and I am still waiting for MrSt3fan to update the server.

That is good to know :). And yes, I also fixed certain things on my maps but St3fan has PC problems so yea
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
A new map has been completed, Spandau Zitadelle. See first post in thread for pictures, description, and download link.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:28:43 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
A new map has been completed, Spandau Zitadelle. See first post in thread for pictures and description. No download link available yet.

Wow that's a really good looking map, I'll get St3fan to put this map on our siege server asap for the public to enjoy :D Your maps always deliver Blitz!  ;D

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
That tower! And all the extra's! oooh ma goodness! The best siege map you made so far, concidering this one actually looks very good (Gameplay wise)! Really nice! Number 2 mapper NW! :D

Friedrich is on number 1 :p

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Board Moderator
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
Looking good :)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz_craig 's Historical Maps [35 for Download]
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2013, 11:30:25 pm »
simply amazing  ;D

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
That tower! And all the extra's! oooh ma goodness! The best siege map you made so far, concidering this one actually looks very good (Gameplay wise)! Really nice! Number 2 mapper NW! :D

Friedrich is on number 1 :p
Thx man! :P

But definitly, I see a lot of work in dat towa! But I'm a bit courious how it looks like when it gets damaged? I think a bit messed up. :/

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2013, 04:19:53 am »
The tower is square on the inside and octagonal on the outside. It is essentially double walled but the walls are not right up next to each other. When the outside walls get hit you will see a gap between the inside and outside walls. What I am most pleased with are the crenellations at the top. I wasn't sure how I was going to achieve them but they turned out pretty good.  I have made some changes since I last posted the images. There is now a constructible pontoon bridge just beyond the multi-arched bridge and I also moved the wooden warehouse near the dockyard and added another artillery battery of 3 guns in it's place.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2013, 11:12:33 am »
Citadelle de Bitche - lol
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Many maps have been changed recently. Download again to obtain the improvements. See attachment "Update Log.xlsx" at the bottom of the first post for the time of the last update for each map.

Also, check-out the links to 3 other maps in the "Modified Maps.docx" attachment at the bottom of the first post. They are older maps made by other authors that were modified for greater playability.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:50:53 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Fort Erie Major Overhaul 11/23/13
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2013, 12:17:07 am »
See first post in thread for new pictures.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:38:51 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline BigRedOne

• First Lieutenant
  • A Clew has no weaknesses, but two strong fists.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Absolutely awesome!  :-*
I still have work to do to reach your skill!
Tavington:"Another GroupFighting server blablabla ClewFighting fcking frogs."
Contacts

My TeamSpeak: 91.121.26.112
[close]

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Blitz_craig 's Historical Maps [41 Total] New Map, Chippewa!
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2014, 08:30:54 pm »
Check out the new map made for the War of 1812 mod currently in development, Chippewa. The map, however, will not be available for download until after the mods release.