Author Topic: Factorio  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Fortune

• Donator
  • Procrastinating the day away
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fortune/Blokkermedewerker
  • Side: Confederacy
Factorio
« on: June 12, 2015, 04:42:12 pm »
Quote from: factorio.com
Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories.

You will be mining resources, researching technologies, building infrastructure,
automating production and fighting enemies. Use your imagination to design your
factory, combine simple elements into ingenious structures, apply management skills
to keep it working and finally protect it from the creatures who don't really like you.

trailer
[youtube]9yDZM0diiYc[/youtube]
[close]

So, I've been following this game for a while now. It's a very nice indie game in which you can automate pretty much everything.
As you can see from the trailer, it's a top down sandbox game in which you gather resources, you craft machines, they gather resources, craft machines and so forth.
Of course, industrialization is bad for the local environment and the use of machines will anger the local wildlife. It's very much a game of optimization and maximization.

As of now it's still in alpha (0.11.22). The endgame is rather lacking but there's enough content to make up for that. It's also a very moddable game, so the gameplay can easily be extended.
According to their (weekly) news posts they will be launching this game on steam soon! I reckon that the price will go up when they do. Also, a few builds back they added multiplayer, get it and play with your mates!

If you're like me and you don't like spending money to find out if a game is shit or not, don't worry, they have a demo :^)

All of you who know and have the game, post screens of your epic factory floor and lets help each other with optimization!
For starters, I'm requesting pictures of oil setups, it's always such a bother...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:20:19 am by Fortune »

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Factorio
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 10:54:37 pm »
Bump.

This is an incredibly fun game, I hope everyone at least tries the demo.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 08:14:26 pm »
This game is now on steam for $20.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/427520

New Trailer

Offline Fortune

• Donator
  • Procrastinating the day away
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fortune/Blokkermedewerker
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 10:39:02 am »
This game is now on steam for $20.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/427520

New Trailer

Sweet! I haven't played Factorio in a while, time to download it at work and play after lunch :^)