Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 307977 times)

Offline Waffss

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #1785 on: April 21, 2020, 05:13:19 pm »
I created my own troop on NW and gave it a list of weapons but every time I respawn I stay with the same weapon.
I want the troop to work exactly as partizani in NW

Thanks in advance

So you added several items to the unit in troops.py (like I believe you already did). Now here comes the script part.

Open scripts.py search (ctrl + F) for the comment line '# And randomise your item selection ^^'.
You should see this:
Code

(try_begin), # And randomise your item selection ^^
           (player_get_troop_id,":my_troop_id",":my_player_no"),
           (this_or_next|eq,":my_troop_id","trp_russian_partizan"),
           (eq,":my_troop_id","trp_russian_cossack"),
Then you should copy the line '(this_or_next|eq,":my_troop_id","trp_russian_partizan"),' under itself and change the trp_russian_partizan with your unit (remember the trp_ prefix).

What file / setting changes the musket and cannon volume of distant sounds in NW? I want to make them a tiny bit louder so you can hear them in the distance a bit better.

I think maybe in scripts.py at the script:   # script_multiplayer_server_play_sound_at_position

But I don't really know... honestly I never really noticed distant sounds in the game anyway...  :-\

thanks worked perfectly

Offline Hess

• Captain
  • 83rdPA, 4eme, 8e, 2ndNYSM
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hess
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1786 on: April 22, 2020, 09:37:32 pm »
I am looking to make a mod where the kill feed would only show your kills. Any way of possibly doing this as a clientside mod? If so, where are the files I must edit?

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1787 on: April 29, 2020, 03:21:54 pm »
Hi lads! I was working on a texture for my young guard skin but when I checked it out in the game it turned out like this! :o

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2078114349

I am so confused. I 've made so many skins before and have never seen a bug like this. I tried checking all the shaders and file types but I can't seem to find the problem. Can someone please help me solve this?

Edit: I found the problem... I had spelled the word "tirailleur" with a capital T in the texture files while in the materials I spelled it with a lower case one. I just changed the lower case T in the texture file name and that fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 03:40:57 pm by Malkolm R. Lind »

Offline Woeski

• First Lieutenant
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
  • Nick: Woeski
« Reply #1788 on: April 29, 2020, 04:47:40 pm »
I am looking to make a mod where the kill feed would only show your kills. Any way of possibly doing this as a clientside mod? If so, where are the files I must edit?

I searched for a while to even just find where this is coded in, but without any result. I believe it might be cause you cannot actually edit this at all, since it's 'hardcoded' in. I might be wrong but just weird how I couldn't find it anywhere. Again might just be me.

Offline Odysseus789

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 08, 2020, 01:25:17 pm »
Hey, I got this error when I tried to build a module from the Napoleonic Wars Sourcecode. Help?

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Napoleonic Wars Sourcecode\Sourcecode\mm dev - MS\*.pyc couldn't be located.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:21:03 pm by Odysseus789 »

Offline Woeski

• First Lieutenant
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
« Reply #1790 on: May 08, 2020, 09:07:19 pm »
I might be completely off here, but did you put the process_ or header_ or ID_ -files in a separate folder ?

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1791 on: May 15, 2020, 05:47:17 pm »
Any ideas how i can make an animated mesh actually move in-game [vertex ani]

I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Skaen

« Reply #1792 on: June 08, 2020, 03:40:24 pm »
How do I change the amount of smoke coming out of a musket and perhaps also a cannon? Not the duration of it only the amount. I have tried to edit the particle systems.txt and scripts.txt but it messes up my game because I do not know what I'm doing.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 03:45:12 pm by zxnıchıro 幸 »

Offline Woeski

• First Lieutenant
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
« Reply #1793 on: June 10, 2020, 12:27:46 pm »
How do I change the amount of smoke coming out of a musket and perhaps also a cannon? Not the duration of it only the amount. I have tried to edit the particle systems.txt and scripts.txt but it messes up my game because I do not know what I'm doing.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain it.

I haven't tested this but I believe that if you search game_missile_launch in scripts.txt you can edit the number that by default is 65 to something larger to increase the smoke size. (see picture)
Spoiler
[close]

Also next to the one I marked in the picture there should be another 65 and I think you need to change that one as well.

Let me know if it didn't/did work.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 12:39:32 pm by Woeski »

Skaen

« Reply #1794 on: June 10, 2020, 01:08:23 pm »
Thank you! I will try this out. :)

Offline element812

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 14, 2020, 09:41:51 pm »
Здравствуйте,как сделать для мода NW чтобы лодки на карте были в воздухе? Как поднять уровень моря или что чтобы можно было летать-плыть по воздуху?

Offline Waffss

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: July 27, 2020, 01:44:26 am »
Hi, I recently followed Naveys guide on implementing fixing and unfixing bayonets. https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=17793.msg733177#msg733177
I got it to work and now I'm wondering how to implement dropping or removing the little butter-swords that are meant to attach as bayonets when a bayonet is attached.
I'm only learning so an explanation would be nice if possible, Thanks

Offline Woeski

• First Lieutenant
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
« Reply #1797 on: July 27, 2020, 09:48:40 pm »
       (agent_unequip_item,":cur_agent","itm_bullets"),

This line is used by the script that removes your cartridges while underwater, so I guess you could use a similair mechanism.

Admeditly I did not put too much effort in researching this answer but hope it helps.

Offline Hinanawi

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: January 11, 2021, 07:47:07 am »
How to add a new multiplayer mode, like invasion into NW?

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: February 03, 2021, 06:30:55 pm »
How to add a new multiplayer mode, like invasion into NW?
This requires scripting: custom scripts written of code to add functionality for a new game mode. A lot of work involved, I would imagine. It is not a simple endeavor. One would have to learn how to code first, and then seek to learn scripting or finding a scripter.

Hi, I recently followed Naveys guide on implementing fixing and unfixing bayonets. https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=17793.msg733177#msg733177
I got it to work and now I'm wondering how to implement dropping or removing the little butter-swords that are meant to attach as bayonets when a bayonet is attached.
I'm only learning so an explanation would be nice if possible, Thanks
Well I'm glad to check the forum again on this occasion. Hello, I created that tutorial thread. The way it works, if I recall, we created multiple lines of code in module_items.py file of the Module System where we had separate models and item codes for fixed bayoneted muskets and muskets without bayonets (including the ranged and melee versions, as the tutorial shows). The bayonets were visual, in the sense they were not their own item code for the feature. If you are referring to the butter-swords that some infantry classes carry, those are separate items for melee weapons in the module_items file. You would need a custom script to auto-drop a bayonet when a certain action is triggered (such as switching weapons). I am not sure if there is a similar script to use as a base for this idea. It's been a long time. Hope this helps.

Edit: I did not see at first that this post was from July of last year.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:45:10 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.