Author Topic: Violence in France  (Read 30228 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Violence in France
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 02:08:49 am »
Yeah, it's as simple as that. If you don't want people to shoot with guns give more guns to the people!

I'm assuming you're antigun, but think about this:

banning alcohol only increased alcoholism and the crime rate skyrocketed
banning drugs only increases drug addiction and the crime rate skyrockets
banning guns = ?

Why do you think it works any differently here?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:11:59 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2015, 02:42:23 am »
Because Hitler and Stalin banned guns.
So we should ban guns.
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 02:44:52 am »
If people want a gun to commit a crime, they wont stop committing a crime to get it.
I do not think that the guy who wants to murder someone with a gun will stop doing it just because he commits a crime by getting a gun illegally...

Weapon laws are fine as they are right now. You are allowed to buy a gun. It is rather hard, the guy who wants a gun needs to do all kinds of tests, you need a clean crime record, and it is rather expensive and takes time. Besides that, you are not allowed to buy any sub machine guns, rockets launchers etc. That is fine.

The law just needs a simple addition/change. Wearing guns in a concealed way should be allowed. If you would be allowed to wear it underneath your jacket (concealed) maybe it would help with the crime rate.

As a robber or a rapist, I would think twice if I really want to rob that person. Maybe he/she is wearing a gun.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:48:10 am by Olafson »

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 04:27:52 am »
I support the complete deregulation of gun laws because I'm also against overpopulation

Go crazy, fuckers
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 04:35:10 am »
If people want a gun to commit a crime, they wont stop committing a crime to get it.
I do not think that the guy who wants to murder someone with a gun will stop doing it just because he commits a crime by getting a gun illegally...

Weapon laws are fine as they are right now. You are allowed to buy a gun. It is rather hard, the guy who wants a gun needs to do all kinds of tests, you need a clean crime record, and it is rather expensive and takes time. Besides that, you are not allowed to buy any sub machine guns, rockets launchers etc. That is fine.

The law just needs a simple addition/change. Wearing guns in a concealed way should be allowed. If you would be allowed to wear it underneath your jacket (concealed) maybe it would help with the crime rate.

As a robber or a rapist, I would think twice if I really want to rob that person. Maybe he/she is wearing a gun.
A person who shares right wing views on the internet? Blasphemy.
I agree with you totally.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 04:49:35 am »
As a robber or a rapist, I would wear a gun too, just in case. And shoot first. And then I would rape the victim nonetheless. However I would be cautious with babies. One of them managed to kill its mother a few days ago with its mother's own gun. Babies are very dangerous with guns.

http://mic.com/articles/90071/7-lies-we-need-to-stop-telling-about-gun-control-in-america
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:51:09 am by MaxLam »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 04:54:57 am »
As a robber or a rapist, I would wear a gun too, just in case. And shoot first. And then I would rape the victim nonetheless. However I would be cautious with babies. One of them managed to kill its mother a few days ago with its mother's own gun. Babies are very dangerous with guns.

http://mic.com/articles/90071/7-lies-we-need-to-stop-telling-about-gun-control-in-america

Oh boy, another shitty list article with misleading statistics and outdated data! I never expected this from you, thanks for this crucial information.

Also, here:

http://www.theclause.org/2013/02/gun-control-five-reasons-why-it-wont-work/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:00:08 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 04:57:52 am »
Yeah we need to legalize open carry of fully automatic assault rifles and obviously privatise everything.
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 05:00:40 am »
Yeah we need to legalize open carry of fully automatic assault rifles and obviously privatise everything.

That's already legal in many states. Nobody really does it except occasionally during demonstrations and stuff because it's impractical and inconvenient. Nobody has never been shot because of it. Most people just see it as annoying and obnoxious when some idiot walks into Walmart with a rifle on his back, and not much else.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:02:57 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline Grantrithor

• Second Lieutenant
  • <><><><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 05:32:46 am »

Open-carry is better etiquette though, if there are any regulations that need to be in place, open-carry has to be one. Sort of a sign of respect to let people know where your gun is and if you have one that you have one. It'd only teach people fear if it was uncertain whether or not their fellow citizens were armed. The open-carry allows people to treat guns maturely rather than a coveted big-kids toy.

A person who shares right wing views on the internet? Blasphemy.
I agree with you totally.

Liking guns isn't a right-wing thing.

One day we'll live in libertarian paradise where there's no safety inspectors and no roads. One day comrade.

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2015, 05:52:01 am »

That's already legal in many states. Nobody really does it except occasionally during demonstrations and stuff because it's impractical and inconvenient. Nobody has never been shot because of it. Most people just see it as annoying and obnoxious when some idiot walks into Walmart with a rifle on his back, and not much else.

Never knew fully auto's were legal.

One day we'll live in libertarian paradise where there's no safety inspectors and no roads. One day comrade.

+1  best post

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2015, 05:56:26 am »
Never knew fully auto's were legal.

They are if you're willing to pay a few extra thousand for a tax stamp and registration to get the fire selector installed. For some assault rifles and LMGs you might expect to pay somewhere between $10k-$20k for full auto.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2015, 06:30:15 am »
Yea many states already have legal open carry, at the same time automatic weapons are also legal in many states.. my cousin moved to mine a while back he didn't even need to register them and just had to fill out a simple form.  But you better be rich if you wanna try and afford them along with the taxes. 

Anyways on topic they should be really protesting their government and agencies, rather than peaceful mosques.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2015, 08:38:41 am »

Open-carry is better etiquette though, if there are any regulations that need to be in place, open-carry has to be one. Sort of a sign of respect to let people know where your gun is and if you have one that you have one. It'd only teach people fear if it was uncertain whether or not their fellow citizens were armed. The open-carry allows people to treat guns maturely rather than a coveted big-kids toy.

Good point. I agree. I change my idea to allow open-carry, instead of concealed guns. Thx.

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2015, 11:43:51 am »

Oh boy, another shitty list article with misleading statistics and outdated data! I never expected this from you, thanks for this crucial information.

Also, here:

http://www.theclause.org/2013/02/gun-control-five-reasons-why-it-wont-work/
Reason #1: Is the American People affraid of a minority because it bears guns? Is that democracy?

Reason #2: The Consitution isn't a religion. American citizens have the right to amend it.

Reason #3: Colunbine High School massacre: at the end of the day, "legal" weapon providers were involved. Friends of the teens bought the weapons legally. They were not imported from the Middle East or Eastern Europe by some criminal organization. In a normal country, obtaining guns so easily when you are teenager from a middle class family not connected to criminal networks would be unthinkable.

Reason #4: Sophistry again. Firstly horrific accidents happen because of firearms, and this is violent, especially when a baby kills his mother or when a young girl kills the guys who was "teaching" her how to shoot. Secondly there is different forms of violence, violence doesn't necessary mean shooting someone or killing. And finally it's obvious that a society in which people refuse to keep or bear guns is much more peaceful.

Reason #5:  Not a reason. It's not because you need to "target the source of the problem" that you shouldn't target the problem itself too. It would be like saying that instead of putting criminals in jail we should target the source of the problem. This is idiotic.

Secondly you can't detect all forms of mental disorders that could lead to mass killings. Moreover, it's not true that the cause of mass shootings is mental health. Anders Breivik was judged to be sane.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:47:50 am by MaxLam »