Author Topic: ♞ Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Season 1-3  (Read 144846 times)

Offline Pilophas

• Donator
  • Admin of Cavalry Groupfighting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube-Channel
  • Nick: 2Lhr_Major_Pilophas
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♞ Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2014, 04:42:36 pm »
I don't see any reason for putting pressure on the teams by putting a time limit on them.

First it would require a lot of extra rules (What for example happens when time is up and both teams have the same number of people still living?), of explanation and will result in a very discutable rule i'm sure not everyone will be happy with.

Second a time limit would limit a regiments tactical options. Head on charge would be the only solution sometimes and that's not what i call a fight on pro-level.

There for sure are a lot more reasons not to add this rule, but these two arguments should actually already be enough.

Offline Celtic_Jan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2014, 06:29:12 pm »

Second a time limit would limit a regiments tactical options. Head on charge would be the only solution sometimes and that's not what i call a fight on pro-level.

Oh you mean that "pro-leavel" is running for 15 mins, then fighting 2 mins and again running for 100 mins?

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2014, 06:47:43 pm »
I think a timelimit wouldnt help at all.
It is right, nobody likes it, when the enemy is more running than fighting.
But keep in mind, if this case happens, referee can put pressure on the team which is delaying.
And we got this season no complaints about regiments that delay extremly. So we dont think a timelimit is necessary.

The discussion about the swordpicking seems to be over, sadly no one of the guys, which brought the rule in in the first place, brought arguments for it.
I will now add a voting about the rule, but I think it will be clear against the rule^^
Keep in mind, that the voting is not binding, as we have no control about who is voting, it is just a addition to our opinion-making.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Okra

• Second Lieutenant
  • 8pp / 11e / K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2014, 06:58:29 pm »
vote for allow or forbid picking swords guys :D

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2014, 07:21:29 pm »
picking up swords should be allowed... pls it is part of this game

Oh you mean that "pro-leavel" is running for 15 mins, then fighting 2 mins and again running for 100 mins?
It is good idea because if reg X will run away for 15-30 mins than reg Y will win this round
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:26:58 pm by Zahari »
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Celtic_Jan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2014, 11:53:32 pm »
But keep in mind, if this case happens, referee can put pressure on the team which is delaying.
Sounds good.

Offline Celtic_Jan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2014, 11:57:42 pm »
picking up swords should be allowed... pls it is part of this game
+1, Allow this for gods sake, some realism should be in.

Offline Martastik

• First Lieutenant
  • Real Col of the real 1erCrb Martastik
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2014, 01:28:10 am »
Please no time-limit, that is the most cancerous idea i've ever heard.

Imagine the situation where it's 1 player of each team left, and they're both really good players. It's the last round and the one who wins will define the winner of the match.

Do you really want to put pressure on that, limit their time? Maybe even let it run out to 0 while they're both still alive, creating a draw? Come on....

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2014, 01:46:26 am »
Time limits great. I dont know what you're talking about

Spoiler
:-* :-*
[close]
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline Celtic_Jan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2014, 02:00:03 am »

Imagine the situation where it's 1 player of each team left, and they're both really good players. It's the last round and the one who wins will define the winner of the match.

Do you really want to put pressure on that, limit their time? Maybe even let it run out to 0 while they're both still alive, creating a draw? Come on....
Situation 1v1 - referee might increase time, if is it needed to make a duel?

Offline Zahari

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2014, 10:32:15 am »

Situation 1v1 - referee might increase time, if is it needed to make a duel?
Yep,we are talking about when player/players from reg X run away from fight
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Pilophas

• Donator
  • Admin of Cavalry Groupfighting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube-Channel
  • Nick: 2Lhr_Major_Pilophas
« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2014, 10:55:54 am »
Could you explain how 14players should not be able to run after other 14players without ever getting in touch with them?
I've never seen a situation like that and also it is not possible because the teams which is chasing the other one can always form a very widespread formation and with that deny any chance to run away for the other team...

Also imagine a 1vs8, a 2vs4, there are NO constellations that make it possible to precisely say which team should hurry up or not...

Offline Zahari

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 13, 2014, 11:29:57 am »
Could you explain how 14players should not be able to run after other 14players without ever getting in touch with them?
I've never seen a situation like that and also it is not possible because the teams which is chasing the other one can always form a very widespread formation and with that deny any chance to run away for the other team...

Also imagine a 1vs8, a 2vs4, there are NO constellations that make it possible to precisely say which team should hurry up or not...
It is possible when cuirassiers play against hussars (and im not talking about 14 vs 14)

Offline DarkLight

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkLight
  • Side: Union
« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2014, 02:37:26 pm »
Why all the fuzz? Admins should be the ones who decides when one team is delaying and when its not, its part of their job, the time limit rule its not necessary.

Offline Zahari

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 13, 2014, 03:19:14 pm »
Why all the fuzz? Admins should be the ones who decides when one team is delaying and when its not, its part of their job, the time limit rule its not necessary.
It should be good too