Author Topic: ISIS Thread  (Read 53000 times)

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ISIS Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2014, 10:38:24 pm »
So we want to purge entire religions and races, organize mass executions, etc...? Or do we want to eliminate the threat of national security by destroying ISIS, there are no other options, we can let them be and let them continue to execute our people and have the threat of them attacking our homeland, we can be diplomatic with the savages and maybe negotiate, all these have failed and the only option is through force.  We are also a democracy and a majority of Americans approve of the military strikes on the militants.  Yea it could take a decade, but it's better to be safe than sorry.  By doing NOTHING there will be even more groups popping up and even more threats, and more countries seeing how weak we are and using that to their advantage.
So we should kill people in the name of national pride and strength? And I'd like to remind you that this radical group has been able to rise so effectively due to the fact that we destabilized the region. That region has been under Western imperial influence for a long time, its people lumped together that don't want to be together. What I'm going to say sounds horrible but let this situation play out. This is not condoning their actions. And is ISIS a potential threat to American security and its people? Yes but so is every right wing, white lunatic who knows how to make bombs out of fertilizer and owns a small military arsenal, yet we aren't carpet bombing the South.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2014, 10:59:30 pm »
And is ISIS a potential threat to American security and its people? Yes but so is every right wing, white lunatic who knows how to make bombs out of fertilizer and owns a small military arsenal, yet we aren't carpet bombing the South.

That might just be the stupidest thing you ever said.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2014, 11:00:45 pm »
I don't know why you guys waste your time arguing with each other. Neither side is going to change their point of view.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2014, 11:09:07 pm »
And is ISIS a potential threat to American security and its people? Yes but so is every right wing, white lunatic who knows how to make bombs out of fertilizer and owns a small military arsenal, yet we aren't carpet bombing the South.

That might just be the stupidest thing you ever said.
No, this is the stupidest thing I've ever said
Durrr hurrr wurrr I like parrot cock hurrr

Everyone one with a beef against the current American president or regime has the potential to commit a terrorist act yet they aren't bombed based off that potential. Until ISIS launches a terrorist attack on America, they should not be punished for what they might do
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2014, 11:35:57 pm »
Its no longer a point of being a savior. We want to end it. Period. ISIS is slaughtering those who refuse to convert to their form of religion, and using it as a weapon to antagonize and scare US civilians. This might be what they want. All out war with the US but my god it would make me happy to watch one of these fuckers drop.

Warning, Graphic.
Spoiler
[close]

If you can sit around and watch HUMANS do this to each other then you have lost some if not all of your humanity.

Stop being egocentric as well, it's not about muh US civilians, it's about the whole world. We, europeans, are more in danger than you are, yet we don't dramatise it like you do. You seem to forget that we do have large muslim communities living here and that European hostages are being executed as well. We've also had some islamist chap 2 years ago assassinating French soldiers and some kids at a Jewish school so for God's sake stop thinking for your own 'murican arse (sorry for the word but it really grinds my gears).

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2014, 12:58:37 am »
Exactly, those things happened to your country, and we are trying to prevent as many plots like those from ever happening in ours again.  @Howe, those in the south who have those capabilities dont have the intention of bombing a civilian populace, or else the NSA or FBI would get them (they have been).  Likewise, ISIS do have the intention and have blatantly stated their intention to attack America and its allies.  By doing nothing, we only increase the risk and give ISIS the time to prepare and attack our homeland, and we also definitely increase the amount of other terrorist cells who see we would not be doing anything, to emerge and inflict harm.  You can be pacifist about it like Ron Paul, but at the end of the day a majority agree it can only come through action and force, which will instill fear, obviously more hatred and vengeful behavior, but all in all will reduce the risk of those jihadists attacking America or even any other EU country.  Even most American Muslims support destroying ISIS, as most dont even consider them followers of Islam, but radical extremist lunatics who misinterpret the religion they are attempting to follow. 

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2014, 01:18:56 am »
Exactly, those things happened to your country, and we are trying to prevent as many plots like those from ever happening in ours againblah blah blah... or even any other EU country.  Even most American Muslims support destroying ISIS, as most dont even consider them followers of Islam, but radical extremist lunatics who misinterpret the religion they are attempting to follow
So what are we waiting for? Give those Arab madafuckaz some 2000lbs of Freedom and Demucracy!
<3

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2014, 03:09:53 am »

Its no longer a point of being a savior. We want to end it. Period. ISIS is slaughtering those who refuse to convert to their form of religion, and using it as a weapon to antagonize and scare US civilians. This might be what they want. All out war with the US but my god it would make me happy to watch one of these fuckers drop.

Warning, Graphic.
Spoiler
[close]

If you can sit around and watch HUMANS do this to each other then you have lost some if not all of your humanity.

Stop being egocentric as well, it's not about muh US civilians, it's about the whole world. We, europeans, are more in danger than you are, yet we don't dramatise it like you do. You seem to forget that we do have large muslim communities living here and that European hostages are being executed as well. We've also had some islamist chap 2 years ago assassinating French soldiers and some kids at a Jewish school so for God's sake stop thinking for your own 'murican arse (sorry for the word but it really grinds my gears).

I can care equally for Europeans. But if they are targeting Americans for any reason what so ever is of major concern for me. I take pride in my country and those around me. If they are under threat then I am as well. It's a reason countries are countries, like minded individuals who would fight for what they believe in. If it's to hard to understand that then there is no use explaining it.

I get that we don't go about our business in the best way for everybody. But when it gets down to it, we will act in a way that will be to the benefit of the American population.

ISIS is our enemy, they will be stripped down and exposed by us or another entity that feels the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2014, 03:24:05 am »
ISIS declared war on Australia, and they are urging all Muslims worldwide to launch attacks on Australia on our soil.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2014, 03:51:43 am »
Exactly, those things happened to your country, and we are trying to prevent as many plots like those from ever happening in ours again.  @Howe, those in the south who have those capabilities dont have the intention of bombing a civilian populace, or else the NSA or FBI would get them (they have been).  Likewise, ISIS do have the intention and have blatantly stated their intention to attack America and its allies.  By doing nothing, we only increase the risk and give ISIS the time to prepare and attack our homeland, and we also definitely increase the amount of other terrorist cells who see we would not be doing anything, to emerge and inflict harm.  You can be pacifist about it like Ron Paul, but at the end of the day a majority agree it can only come through action and force, which will instill fear, obviously more hatred and vengeful behavior, but all in all will reduce the risk of those jihadists attacking America or even any other EU country.  Even most American Muslims support destroying ISIS, as most dont even consider them followers of Islam, but radical extremist lunatics who misinterpret the religion they are attempting to follow.
So the plan is to continue in a vicious cycle of interference, destabilization, radicalization, and repeat? I'm not saying that no action is required, I'm saying that carpet bombing isn't the answer. I'd prefer a defensive strategy that involved simply surrounding Iraq and letting the situation devolve naturally than massive bombings which end up killing more civilians than actual militants.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2014, 04:06:10 am »
Who said anything about carpet bombing?

just kidding.

But strategic strikes are what works. Not drone strikes, but hunting ISIS leadership; capturing, and detaining.
It won't be easy, but it will hinder any sort of retaliation as long as it is done in a manner that constantly exhausts those who follow them.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2014, 04:24:53 am »
Exactly, those things happened to your country, and we are trying to prevent as many plots like those from ever happening in ours againblah blah blah... or even any other EU country.  Even most American Muslims support destroying ISIS, as most dont even consider them followers of Islam, but radical extremist lunatics who misinterpret the religion they are attempting to follow
So what are we waiting for? Give those Arab madafuckaz some 2000lbs of Freedom and Demucracy!

Actually last report shows that over 150 airstrike were carried out. Few leaders has now starting to say only way to beat ISIS, is by ground. 

Obama deployed a battalion of 1st ID to Iraq last week.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2014, 11:14:17 am »
War is Peace! Ignorance is strenght! Freedom is Slavery!
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2014, 02:02:06 pm »
Who said anything about carpet bombing?

just kidding.

But strategic strikes are what works. Not drone strikes, but hunting ISIS leadership; capturing, and detaining.
It won't be easy, but it will hinder any sort of retaliation as long as it is done in a manner that constantly exhausts those who follow them.
I'd be more than willing to concede that taking out ISIS leadership is the best strategy if any should take place. But I stick to letting the Islamic State have its brief moment of autonomy and then natural factors will bring it down, as Western interference is not needed.

#JustGiveMeArabicSuperState
Fuck off, Nazi scum