Author Topic: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot [NA] (Under New Leadership)  (Read 231582 times)

Offline DocktDoorZeus

• Private
    • View Profile
    • 3eVolt
  • Nick: 3eVolt_SoP_DocktDoorZeus
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot[NA] (Recruiting)
« Reply #510 on: August 02, 2013, 10:17:19 pm »
What does the 27th think of my simple training video?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYGyFXA-jiM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #511 on: August 02, 2013, 11:40:16 pm »

We operate our skirmishers very differently in fact. We work in pairs of two, or pods as we call them. Each pair has a teamspeak whisper set up, and uses that to coordinate their shooting in terms of timing, location, and accuracy. The pods stick together in melee and watch out for each other. When forming, the pods form 5 paces apart, with 3 man spacing inside the pods. This has proven to be extremely effective since we started using it. As per your video, it's nice for some basic commands, but you need some more teamwork. I disapprove of your "mob" tactic, when moving, I think it should always be in some form of a line, looks a bit more orderly than a blob moving about the field. Other than that it's not bad. Our line uses something similar to your accordion, though we don't fall back into a column after firing. It's useful for forming a line to fire.

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #512 on: August 02, 2013, 11:41:15 pm »
Spoiler

We operate our skirmishers very differently in fact. We work in pairs of two, or pods as we call them. Each pair has a teamspeak whisper set up, and uses that to coordinate their shooting in terms of timing, location, and accuracy. The pods stick together in melee and watch out for each other. When forming, the pods form 5 paces apart, with 3 man spacing inside the pods. This has proven to be extremely effective since we started using it. As per your video, it's nice for some basic commands, but you need some more teamwork. I disapprove of your "mob" tactic, when moving, I think it should always be in some form of a line, looks a bit more orderly than a blob moving about the field. Other than that it's not bad. Our line uses something similar to your accordion, though we don't fall back into a column after firing. It's useful for forming a line to fire.
[close]
That's a very interesting idea. I didn't know you did that.

Offline DocktDoorZeus

• Private
    • View Profile
    • 3eVolt
« Reply #513 on: August 02, 2013, 11:59:54 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
[/quote]
Though the spacing sounds nice for the pods, the rest seems convoluted. An officer should be able to keep track of the timing, targeting, and accuracy. This leaves the skirmishers free to concentrate on shooting.

As for fighting pairs, it is more effective to form pairs or groups on the fly. If your buddy doors before combat or in combat, you're either stuck by yourself or have to join up with others on the fly anyway. In addition to over complication, it isn't practical in real time where positions change dramatically in melee. In other words, what is best for the pair isn't necessarily what is best for the groups.

Mob is mostly used while in cover our whilst retreating.

Edit: 27th spacing is always awesome btw
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:38:47 am by DocktDoorZeus »

Offline Flavius

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flavius
« Reply #514 on: August 03, 2013, 01:50:56 am »
Stoked. Simply Stoked. Ready to go fight some Billy yanks Flav?
yes I am ready to fight them!

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 03, 2013, 02:31:33 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]
Though the spacing sounds nice for the pods, the rest seems convoluted. An officer should be able to keep track of the timing, targeting, and accuracy. This leaves the skirmishers free to concentrate on shooting.

As for fighting pairs, it is more effective to form pairs or groups on the fly. If your buddy doors before combat or in combat, you're either stuck by yourself or have to join up with others on the fly anyway. In addition to over complication, it isn't practical in real time where positions change dramatically in melee. In other words, what is best for the pair isn't necessarily what is best for the groups.

Mob is mostly used while in cover our whilst retreating.

Edit: 27th spacing is always awesome btw
[/quote]
[close]

We find we rarely have the issue of people leaving, therefore leaving their partner podless. If your partner does die, you simply join the nearest pod, you lose your whisper capabilities, but you still have friends to cover your back. It may be a bit less complicated to form pairs on the fly as you mentioned, but then you lose a lot of your organization, as several people may try to pair up with one person, and confusion erupts because nobody really knows exactly who their buddy is. Also by forming on the fly you lose the ability to have a preset whisper key which proves much handier than you think. We teach our members coordinated shooting, which means one man fires while the other one holds his shot until about halfway through the reload so we can keep a good steady fire going or in case some unseen horseman happens to surprise us. They figure out the precise elevation and range at which to aim, and when possible cover each other in melee, though mostly that does turn into an "every man for himself" deal. When you have 6 different pods working at the same time it becomes impossible for the officer to coordinate it himself. It sounds like a lot but really it's not. Once you know and understand what you're doing it's actually quite simple.

Offline DocktDoorZeus

• Private
    • View Profile
    • 3eVolt
« Reply #516 on: August 03, 2013, 03:06:05 am »
We find we rarely have the issue of people leaving, therefore leaving their partner podless. If your partner does die, you simply join the nearest pod, you lose your whisper capabilities, but you still have friends to cover your back. It may be a bit less complicated to form pairs on the fly as you mentioned, but then you lose a lot of your organization, as several people may try to pair up with one person, and confusion erupts because nobody really knows exactly who their buddy is. Also by forming on the fly you lose the ability to have a preset whisper key which proves much handier than you think. We teach our members coordinated shooting, which means one man fires while the other one holds his shot until about halfway through the reload so we can keep a good steady fire going or in case some unseen horseman happens to surprise us. They figure out the precise elevation and range at which to aim, and when possible cover each other in melee, though mostly that does turn into an "every man for himself" deal. When you have 6 different pods working at the same time it becomes impossible for the officer to coordinate it himself. It sounds like a lot but really it's not. Once you know and understand what you're doing it's actually quite simple.

I think we should have a friendly 1v1 to give some of our guys experience and examples of good skirmishing as I believe the 27th are very good at it :-)

In a LB I feel your pod system has a lot less success than it would against another regiment where it might prove quite effective. I am not so proud as to admit another way of doing something could be better :-) And I am even less proud because I might steal it :-P
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:12:06 am by DocktDoorZeus »

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 03, 2013, 04:11:55 am »
Hahaha hey whatever works man, whatever works.

Offline Eagle eye

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th
« Reply #518 on: August 03, 2013, 03:27:47 pm »
i like this we learning from each other

Offline DocktDoorZeus

• Private
    • View Profile
    • 3eVolt
« Reply #519 on: August 03, 2013, 06:27:56 pm »
i like this we learning from each other
It is always good to take on attributes of those who are skilled in what they do :-) That's why I'm very happy the 27th fight for the 7NA.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 03, 2013, 06:50:00 pm »
All the love. I feel it man.

Offline goodstuff

• Sergeant Major
  • Cannonball magnets
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Shrps_goodstuff
« Reply #521 on: August 03, 2013, 11:02:54 pm »
The goodstuff... IS BACK!

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 04, 2013, 12:01:12 am »
HE RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Epsilon

• Sergeant
  • A groovy fella'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Shrps_Epsilon
  • Side: Union
« Reply #523 on: August 04, 2013, 12:01:29 am »
Spoiler

Missed you. <3 Welcome back.

Offline Eagle eye

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th
« Reply #524 on: August 04, 2013, 09:26:54 am »
goodstuff is back YAYAYYAYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY