Author Topic: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot [NA] (Under New Leadership)  (Read 231760 times)

Offline Epsilon

• Sergeant
  • A groovy fella'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Shrps_Epsilon
  • Side: Union
Re: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot[NA] (Recruiting)
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2013, 08:58:48 pm »
No, but I am interesting Newkirk explain to me the arts of gunsmithing.

Offline Epsilon

• Sergeant
  • A groovy fella'
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2013, 09:00:41 pm »
And by the way, are we still doing that little fun event thing every Friday or was that called off?

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2013, 09:02:47 pm »
Well I'm just getting started in myself. Working quite a bit with black powder weapons right now, trying to fix up a .45 muzzleloader that won't fire but really we've done all we know to do. My uncle says he has never come across a gun he couldn't fix but this thing has him flustered. So now I'm going to start building my own this summer.

Yes the Friday Fun Nights are still happening.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2013, 05:10:05 am »
Great LB tonight guys! Much better than last night! Let's keep this up!

Offline Reggington

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Reggy
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2013, 06:51:10 am »
Who thinks we should get Sharpe in the regiment?

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2013, 06:53:16 am »
Sharpe already left the regiment. Started the 102nd Royal Madras Fusilliers, disbanded that, and then joined the 3e.

Offline C_Parsons

• Corporal
  • Niv-Mizzet judges you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Sgt_C-Parsons
« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2013, 08:53:26 pm »
Oh snap I found another video of interestingness so I'm going to waste more bandwidth by posting another video no one here will watch but I'm hoping someone will be bored enough to click on anyway!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TbNymweHW4E[/youtube]
The one that sometimes comes into teamspeak to tell people exactly how you would die in a black hole.

Offline Epsilon

• Sergeant
  • A groovy fella'
    • View Profile

Offline Epsilon

• Sergeant
  • A groovy fella'
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2013, 12:04:42 am »
So this was actually in my bathroom at my school. There's this kid at my school who does dumb stuff to the bathroom stalls and other things. I once encountered him, laying his waste all over the entire bathroom. While this was happening i was in a stall just crying to this torture.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2013, 12:06:01 am »
Does the link match up with... this Epsilon?

Spoiler
One thing I keep wondering Parsons is... exactly how would you die in a black hole? My guess is since it's a vacuum you turn to some kind of weird mush or something.

I'm glad you asked Newkirk. To answer that question let's describe the experiences of a theoretical Newkirk as he begins his journey into a black hole. He begins far enough away from the black hole such that he is in no real danger at the moment. As he draws nearer to the hole, gradually, a larger and larger field of his view is consumed by perfect darkness, light that cannot escape the black hole does not reach his eyes. Looking behind the black hole, seeing galaxies light years away, these galaxies appear warped and distorted. they bend and twist around the hole itself as light is bent around one side of the singularity and to the other. At this point, if Newkirk looks to the side he will see the back of his own head as the light is bent around the circumference of the sphere back to Newkirk's eyes, never coming close enough to the point of no return to be drawn in. Conrad Parsons also observes Newkirk's approach but unlike Newkirk, he's smart enough to not jump into black holes. To Parsons, since time and space are relative to each other and the space is being warped around the hole, so too is time. To Parson's, Newkirk's descent into to the hole begins normally, but becomes slower and slower. Once Newkirk reaches the point of no return, the point where the gravitational pull is so great not even light can escape, he stops. The light off Newkirk's body from the later part of his journey never leaving the hole. To Parsons, Newkirk's body would stop, and become increasingly red-shifted until the image simply fades away. Back to Newkirk's point of view: nothing out of the ordinary happens as he crosses the point of no return. His entire view of the universe becomes progressively compressed into a sphere behind him, kinda like if he was clipping out of the universe. Newkirk is still hours away from the point where he will come to any actual harm though. Once he does though, as Newkirk draws closer to the center of the hole, the rate at which the gravitational force increases with proximity to the center of the whole increases. Meaning the closer he gets, the more strongly his feet feel the gravity compared to his head. This will stretch his body, slowly at first but exponentially faster over time in a process know as spaghettification. Newkirk's molecules would be violently ripped apart from each other at this point and he would, will die. All of his parts would be separated from all of his other parts. Now at this point we're kind of sketchy on what happens to his molecules once they reach the center of the black hole but one of the leading theories (and my personal favorite) is that due to the distortion of space caused by the massive gravity of the hole they are deposited in a random spot in the universe due to a wormhole effect.
[close]

Offline C_Parsons

• Corporal
  • Niv-Mizzet judges you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Sgt_C-Parsons
« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2013, 05:09:44 am »
http://www.askamathematician.com/2010/01/q-what-happens-when-you-fall-into-a-blackhole/

Is this accurate Parsons?

Yes it is, from the quick read I gave of it, it seems to be accurate. It also managed to hit on all the points I like to emphasize when I give the story.
The one that sometimes comes into teamspeak to tell people exactly how you would die in a black hole.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2013, 06:51:52 am »
Requested a third signature from a different gentleman. Going to try to get a group of several to choose from!

Also, we've got 2 birthdays this week that I am aware of. Props to those who can figure out who.  ;)

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2013, 02:35:48 pm »
Got a third signature! If anyone would like a custom one in any of these styles let me know and I can arrange one like the one I have for me!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:07:24 pm by Newkirk »

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2013, 05:56:42 am »
Great Linebattle tonight guys! Even though I was only there for about a third of the time, I could not have asked for a better birthday battle or a better regiment to celebrate it with!  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Thurston

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Renton_Thurston
« Reply #224 on: June 07, 2013, 11:34:19 am »
worst regiment delays and glitches
Renton_Thurston