Author Topic: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot [NA] (Under New Leadership)  (Read 231441 times)

Offline C_Parsons

• Corporal
  • Niv-Mizzet judges you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Sgt_C-Parsons
  • Side: Union
Re: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot[NA] (Recruiting)
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2013, 05:35:02 am »
Newkirk doesn't think a historical fiction book about the Napoleonic Wars with the added benefit of dragon aerial corps would be totally awesome. Because it is Newkirk. It is. (This totally exists by the way, His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik.)
The one that sometimes comes into teamspeak to tell people exactly how you would die in a black hole.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2013, 05:37:23 am »
Newkirk doesn't think a historical fiction book about the Napoleonic Wars with the added benefit of dragon aerial corps would be totally awesome. Because it is Newkirk. It is. (This totally exists by the way, His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik.)
Never said it wouldn't be cool, just said I probably would not read it out of choice.

Offline C_Parsons

• Corporal
  • Niv-Mizzet judges you
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2013, 06:17:28 am »
Never said it wouldn't be cool, just said I probably would not read it out of choice.

Which means you don't think it would be totally awesome.
The one that sometimes comes into teamspeak to tell people exactly how you would die in a black hole.

Offline Epsilon

• Sergeant
  • A groovy fella'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Shrps_Epsilon
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2013, 04:03:34 am »
The unspeakable things that happened in Newkirk's cabin that day..

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2013, 05:33:51 am »
It left me gravely wounded.

Offline C_Parsons

• Corporal
  • Niv-Mizzet judges you
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2013, 02:58:34 am »
Newkirk, I have been burdened with the regrettable task of informing you, as your own next of kin, that you perished in the field of combat. Know that you exhibited great valor and courage befitting and exceeding a soldier of your stature and that you sacrifice shall never be forgotten.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2013, 03:02:09 am »
Well... shucks.

Offline Epsilon

• Sergeant
  • A groovy fella'
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2013, 05:45:27 am »
Hey 27th, I have decided to ask a serious favor of you. It's quite simple. I need you to read and give feedback of something. What's that something? Well, since September of 2012 Dropped and I decided to combine our minds to write screenplays together. They are obviously pretty amateur, but our writing have improved over the months. No one has ever read them, mostly because we never really found someone who would give honest feedback on it. We have finished one screenplay and are currently working on our second. The one I shall link you to is a section from our most recent (and work in progress) screenplay, "Happy Travels". The gist of the story is about a 23 year old boy who decides to leave his poor, depressing life in the U.S to meet with his internet friends and travel the world together. Along the way he meets new and intriguing people, it also takes place in 2008/present day. Just a happy go lucky story, something simple. So, what I'm asking is to simply read it, it's about 25 pages of text, so I don't expect you to read it all, just read however much you want and simply give what you think. Just, read and give what you like and don't like about it! Thank you! (btw, you will see "The Game" be mentioned at times, this is a game that the group of internet friends play all the time, we have not thought of a name of it yet though.) But yes, the feedback will help myself and Dropped to improve on what we need to! Thanks!

The link (The only place I really had to publish it.)
Oh and, just a little extra, since the script does not describe the looks of characters, this is how we envisioned each character (main ones that are introduced in what we have so far)

Alex
Adrian
Alexis
Olivia
Again, I really appreciate it. <3  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2013, 06:16:57 am »
For the love of all things holy anyone who quotes that put it in a spoiler! :P I would give you my feedback but it'll have to wait a bit, MUST RELEARN CONTENT FROM JANUARY!

Offline Epsilon

• Sergeant
  • A groovy fella'
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2013, 12:41:38 am »
Someone should make a skin replacement of the 33rd for the 27th. Like, the shako badge and the name when you select 33rd. That would be cool.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2013, 01:35:26 am »
Someone should make a skin replacement of the 33rd for the 27th. Like, the shako badge and the name when you select 33rd. That would be cool.
Since we no longer have school computers, I have actually been making a sketch of custom skins for the 27th in my spare time. It's in no way historically accurate, but it looks cool.

Offline Epsilon

• Sergeant
  • A groovy fella'
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2013, 01:36:48 am »
You should post pics.  :P

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2013, 01:38:02 am »
I may sometime, if I'm not too lazy to scan it  :P

Offline Reggington

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Reggy
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2013, 03:37:10 am »
Newkirk, I have been burdened with the regrettable task of informing you, as your own next of kin, that you perished in the field of combat. Know that you exhibited great valor and courage befitting and exceeding a soldier of your stature and that you sacrifice shall never be forgotten.

Lieutenant Newkirk, 'Newkirkius.' R.I.P.

Offline goodstuff

• Sergeant Major
  • Cannonball magnets
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Shrps_goodstuff
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2013, 07:29:41 am »
So, what I'm asking is to simply read it, it's about 25 pages of text, so I don't expect you to read it all, just read however much you want and simply give what you think. Just, read and give what you like and don't like about it!
read it and it was great!
left some feedback on deviant