Author Topic: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot [NA] (Under New Leadership)  (Read 231618 times)

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot[NA] (Recruiting)
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2013, 03:26:19 am »
Yeah but here in a week or two I'm gonna be free'd up to recruit... all. day. long.

Offline Eagle eye

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2013, 09:53:41 am »
Yeah but here in a week or two I'm gonna be free'd up to recruit... all. day. long.

yay

Offline C_Parsons

• Corporal
  • Niv-Mizzet judges you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Sgt_C-Parsons
  • Side: Union
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2013, 02:12:37 pm »
Finally, after so long our 9 week long Software Engineering project is done. You people should check it out it's pretty awesome, especially if you want to see the thing I've been complaining about all this time. http://www.se.rit.edu/~s361-01a/
The one that sometimes comes into teamspeak to tell people exactly how you would die in a black hole.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2013, 07:14:16 pm »
Nice.

Offline Eagle eye

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2013, 03:50:02 am »
Lb was good today even tho we lost :(

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2013, 04:02:56 am »
It was actually a tie, 3 Prussia - 3 Austria, they just cut it short bc of time. Attendance could have been better but Steam was down so that's ok. Good LB anyhow.

Offline Eagle eye

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2013, 04:08:25 am »
It was actually a tie, 3 Prussia - 3 Austria, they just cut it short bc of time. Attendance could have been better but Steam was down so that's ok. Good LB anyhow.

yay

Offline goodstuff

• Sergeant Major
  • Cannonball magnets
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Shrps_goodstuff
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2013, 04:17:28 am »

yay
true...true

Offline C_Parsons

• Corporal
  • Niv-Mizzet judges you
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2013, 08:53:17 pm »
So slow in this forum... Problem is we keep just parroting back to each other about line battles we recently attended. A room of yes-men with nothing to add to the conversation besides "yeah that happened." But you know makes humans the most dominant species on Earth? In my own personal opinion? Diversity and communication. And you see, one will foster the other, introduce diversity and communication of opinions and ideas will commence. Introduce communications and varying interpretations will lead to diversity within opinions and experiences. So I say let's get some diversity and communication in this thread! Prove to this board that you are more than just another 27th member who has attended a line battle in the past because everyone here fits that bill! Ah but we need is a topic... and it is so hard to make these spring up naturally, especially on a board dedicated to only the 27th as a rifle battalion. You come here already in the mindset and though you can think of nothing else when you get here, leading to the parroting problem mentioned in the first sentence. Well if we can't have one spring up naturally then I'm going to try for artificially! Share with me then your most favorite story. Yes you heard me right, story. Can be from anything, movies, books, games, whatever you like. Whatever you pick, justify it. Defend it. Make me want to go search it out for myself. If this actually gets off the ground then I'll share my own answer. Right now though I probably look the fool quite enough for one post so we'll leave it at that. Besides I need suggestions for new reading material I just finished my re-read of the Mistborn trilogy. COMMENCE!!!! and know that my avatar, the mighty and wise Niv-Mizzet, is judging you!

EDIT: You know, you gotta wonder why we never see anyone but other 27th members post in here, You can't hide from the ever watchful eye of Niv-Mizzet non-27thers! I see you up in the upper-left corner viewing this thread. This question is for you as well! Come forth and let there be discourse!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:14:39 pm by C_Parsons »
The one that sometimes comes into teamspeak to tell people exactly how you would die in a black hole.

Offline Epsilon

• Sergeant
  • A groovy fella'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Shrps_Epsilon
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2013, 09:31:49 pm »
tl;dr version: lets get creative and talk about things other than the line battles.  ;)

Anyhow, for a school project I was given the task to go over the Middle Ages and the High Middle Ages anyway I wanted to. So, I decided to make a video in Mount and Blade! I rounded up people like Dropped, Daxdi, Roland, Eagle Eye, Experimental, Greene, and some others. It's pretty amateur, but was very fun to make.

The Middle Ages:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFoaONOEEKM[/youtube]

The High Middle Ages:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y32u04FvRTE[/youtube]

Bloopers & allthatjazz
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT_kNYehMf4[/youtube]

Offline C_Parsons

• Corporal
  • Niv-Mizzet judges you
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2013, 09:43:24 pm »
tl;dr version: lets get creative and talk about things other than the line battles.  ;)

Yes. I mean we do it in teamspeak all the time, we talk about everything BUT line battles! XD

Your videos... it is incredibly obvious every time Roland gets on the mic.  ;)

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2013, 10:13:40 pm »
One thing I keep wondering Parsons is... exactly how would you die in a black hole? My guess is since it's a vacuum you turn to some kind of weird mush or something.

Offline C_Parsons

• Corporal
  • Niv-Mizzet judges you
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2013, 11:01:59 pm »
One thing I keep wondering Parsons is... exactly how would you die in a black hole? My guess is since it's a vacuum you turn to some kind of weird mush or something.

I'm glad you asked Newkirk. To answer that question let's describe the experiences of a theoretical Newkirk as he begins his journey into a black hole. He begins far enough away from the black hole such that he is in no real danger at the moment. As he draws nearer to the hole, gradually, a larger and larger field of his view is consumed by perfect darkness, light that cannot escape the black hole does not reach his eyes. Looking behind the black hole, seeing galaxies light years away, these galaxies appear warped and distorted. they bend and twist around the hole itself as light is bent around one side of the singularity and to the other. At this point, if Newkirk looks to the side he will see the back of his own head as the light is bent around the circumference of the sphere back to Newkirk's eyes, never coming close enough to the point of no return to be drawn in. Conrad Parsons also observes Newkirk's approach but unlike Newkirk, he's smart enough to not jump into black holes. To Parsons, since time and space are relative to each other and the space is being warped around the hole, so too is time. To Parson's, Newkirk's descent into to the hole begins normally, but becomes slower and slower. Once Newkirk reaches the point of no return, the point where the gravitational pull is so great not even light can escape, he stops. The light off Newkirk's body from the later part of his journey never leaving the hole. To Parsons, Newkirk's body would stop, and become increasingly red-shifted until the image simply fades away. Back to Newkirk's point of view: nothing out of the ordinary happens as he crosses the point of no return. His entire view of the universe becomes progressively compressed into a sphere behind him, kinda like if he was clipping out of the universe. Newkirk is still hours away from the point where he will come to any actual harm though. Once he does though, as Newkirk draws closer to the center of the hole, the rate at which the gravitational force increases with proximity to the center of the whole increases. Meaning the closer he gets, the more strongly his feet feel the gravity compared to his head. This will stretch his body, slowly at first but exponentially faster over time in a process know as spaghettification. Newkirk's molecules would be violently ripped apart from each other at this point and he would, will die. All of his parts would be separated from all of his other parts. Now at this point we're kind of sketchy on what happens to his molecules once they reach the center of the black hole but one of the leading theories (and my personal favorite) is that due to the distortion of space caused by the massive gravity of the hole they are deposited in a random spot in the universe due to a wormhole effect.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2013, 11:36:14 pm »

Spoiler
I'm glad you asked Newkirk. To answer that question let's describe the experiences of a theoretical Newkirk as he begins his journey into a black hole. He begins far enough away from the black hole such that he is in no real danger at the moment. As he draws nearer to the hole, gradually, a larger and larger field of his view is consumed by perfect darkness, light that cannot escape the black hole does not reach his eyes. Looking behind the black hole, seeing galaxies light years away, these galaxies appear warped and distorted. they bend and twist around the hole itself as light is bent around one side of the singularity and to the other. At this point, if Newkirk looks to the side he will see the back of his own head as the light is bent around the circumference of the sphere back to Newkirk's eyes, never coming close enough to the point of no return to be drawn in. Conrad Parsons also observes Newkirk's approach but unlike Newkirk, he's smart enough to not jump into black holes. To Parsons, since time and space are relative to each other and the space is being warped around the hole, so too is time. To Parson's, Newkirk's descent into to the hole begins normally, but becomes slower and slower. Once Newkirk reaches the point of no return, the point where the gravitational pull is so great not even light can escape, he stops. The light off Newkirk's body from the later part of his journey never leaving the hole. To Parsons, Newkirk's body would stop, and become increasingly red-shifted until the image simply fades away. Back to Newkirk's point of view: nothing out of the ordinary happens as he crosses the point of no return. His entire view of the universe becomes progressively compressed into a sphere behind him, kinda like if he was clipping out of the universe. Newkirk is still hours away from the point where he will come to any actual harm though. Once he does though, as Newkirk draws closer to the center of the hole, the rate at which the gravitational force increases with proximity to the center of the whole increases. Meaning the closer he gets, the more strongly his feet feel the gravity compared to his head. This will stretch his body, slowly at first but exponentially faster over time in a process know as spaghettification. Newkirk's molecules would be violently ripped apart from each other at this point and he would, will die. All of his parts would be separated from all of his other parts. Now at this point we're kind of sketchy on what happens to his molecules once they reach the center of the black hole but one of the leading theories (and my personal favorite) is that due to the distortion of space caused by the massive gravity of the hole they are deposited in a random spot in the universe due to a wormhole effect.
[close]

Thank you Parsons, I can now die in peace.

Also, Dropped is uploading last weekend's siege right now, its in 1080p and should have better audio. It probably wont be up till 11 tonight though. (EST)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:31:23 am by Newkirk »

Offline C_Parsons

• Corporal
  • Niv-Mizzet judges you
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2013, 12:47:34 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Thank you Parsons, I can now die in peace.

Also, Dropped is uploading last weekend's siege right now, its in 1080p and should have better audio. It probably wont be up till 11 tonight though. (EST)

unless he also ran the game in 1080p it shouldn't matter, can't create new pixels where there are none. But anyway I look forward to it.