Author Topic: Was there ever an answer to why melee was not as good as mount & musket?  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
  • Side: Union
Re: Was there ever an answer to why melee was not as good as mount & musket?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 09:33:36 am »
I think people shouldn't cry to much. There's nothing wrong with the current system. It looks better.

Half of the people crying for MM didn't even play it. It were shitty graphics and shit animations.
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 11:02:09 am »
Personally I prefer NW by an absolute mile, no longer does the battle descend into what can only be described as human spinning top battles.
Sure people still "spin" but no longer is it the 720 degree on the spot in half a second stupidity you used to get back in MM.

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 11:31:02 am »
I still can't get over the fact, that you can block a down stab by holding your musket vertical._.

The problem is not that you hold it vertical, but indeed it needs a parry animation.
You know pushing the enemy bayonet-polearm to the sides.

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 02:36:38 pm »
Personally I prefer NW by an absolute mile, no longer does the battle descend into what can only be described as human spinning top battles.
Sure people still "spin" but no longer is it the 720 degree on the spot in half a second stupidity you used to get back in MM.

That.
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 02:40:58 pm »
One of the most annoying things this community does is the way that it bums MM and says that NW is shit, then when someone hosts an event or a server on MM no one signs up and goes.

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 03:49:22 pm »
One of the most annoying things this community does is the way that it bums MM and says that NW is shit, then when someone hosts an event or a server on MM no one signs up and goes.

+1

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 04:06:22 pm »
Talk shit about MM melee all you guys want, but if you completely controll the MM melee you can do so much more damage than now with the NW melee.

For me the MM/Awlpike melee wins, maybe the upper attack was a bit silly, but the spinning was fun and who doesn't love destroying regiments just by yourself?

Most people that hate MM melee were probably bad at it.
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 05:52:43 pm »
Talk shit about MM melee all you guys want, but if you completely controll the MM melee you can do so much more damage than now with the NW melee.

For me the MM/Awlpike melee wins, maybe the upper attack was a bit silly, but the spinning was fun and who doesn't love destroying regiments just by yourself?

I can't agree more.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 08:08:44 pm »
a change was made to melee gameplay during development of NW and it seemed less responsive, but there was never an explanation from the developers at the time of release.

Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 01:47:51 pm »

I can't agree more.
If everything was made to be good for people who like MM melee then all of the NW servers would be hosted in the Netherlands, there would be infinite spinning, and every tournament where a team "Lagged" Would be restarted

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 01:53:16 pm »
This applies to melee in NW so muhc that it hurts. +1
<3

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 02:00:47 pm »
I would say that most people who hate MM melee don't even know what it is and only dislike it because it looks ridiculous. In all honestly I personally think it requires more skill and is more fun in a 1v6 situation but in terms of realism and aesthetics, I agree 100% why the FSE team decided to advance the melee when they created the NW module.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 02:04:49 pm »
I would say that most people who hate MM melee don't even know what it is and only dislike it because it looks ridiculous. In all honestly I personally think it requires more skill and is more fun in a 1v6 situation but in terms of realism and aesthetics, I agree 100% why the FSE team decided to advance the melee when they created the NW module.
Yeh. Hope it stay similiar in BCoF.
<3

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 02:14:06 pm »
The M&B melee fights look ridiculous anyway... Might aswell try to keep it fun?

It's impossible to kill large groups in NW, because you get stuck into enemies, you don't always kill them in that one crucial stab and you can't really spin. Hate on spinning all you want, but if you have brains you can easily counter it and it is fun to use aswell. Oh, and for spam you need servers hosted in Germany and not the Netherlands.... Wait a second...

lol
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 03:46:51 pm »
The M&B melee fights look ridiculous anyway... Might aswell try to keep it fun?

It's impossible to kill large groups in NW, because you get stuck into enemies, you don't always kill them in that one crucial stab and you can't really spin. Hate on spinning all you want, but if you have brains you can easily counter it and it is fun to use aswell. Oh, and for spam you need servers hosted in Germany and not the Netherlands.... Wait a second...

lol

Lol, sound more like, you, can't spin in NW, I find it especially handy against swords and axes.
Also, another reason why the new melee system should be prefeable, is that it is historically correct, which was the aim for thi game from the start.

Yes, skill level went a bit down in NW, but still, as a newcomer you really can't beat the seasoned melee'er.

One thing which I still find weird in NW melee, is how one could realistically ever keep his balance in such an upstab.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.