Author Topic: Modeling and Texturing Help.  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Chapston

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 78th_Pte_John_Watson
  • Side: Union
Modeling and Texturing Help.
« on: July 29, 2014, 06:29:27 pm »
Hi, recently I have been learning some basic modeling and texturing skills however I have been struggling to implement both the model and the texture into the game.

Spoiler
[close]

As you can see from the screenshot above the hat cannot be seen so any guidance would be much appreciated.

Programs used:

Paint.net
Wings3d
Open Brf

Other Screenshots:

https://i.imgur.com/sGiqPie.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/FGp2pT6.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/0ZZx2Rv.jpg?1

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Modeling and Texturing Help.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:38:26 am »
I believe I could have some help in mind. Put the material in mmmaterials.brf not mm_french_hats.brf and any new textures into mmtextures.brf likewise, I am not exactly sure why but it seems this fixes a lot of problems for any errors on models for NW.

It appears the envmap appears fine for the mesh's .1 attachment so try the above changes.

It is refreshing to see more people try their hand at modding the game, keep at it and it will pay off in the end.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:42:15 am by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Chapston

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:59:38 am »
I believe I could have some help in mind. Put the material in mmmaterials.brf not mm_french_hats.brf and any new textures into mmtextures.brf likewise, I am not exactly sure why but it seems this fixes a lot of problems for any errors on models for NW.

It appears the envmap appears fine for the mesh's .1 attachment so try the above changes.

It is refreshing to see more people try their hand at modding the game, keep at it and it will pay off in the end.

Thanks for the help but i'm afraid it still doesn't work.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 12:03:02 pm »
Did you remove the material from mm_french_hats and put it only in mmmaterials and same for the texture? Duplicate materials/textures tend to be left behind and sometimes can cause problems.
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline Chapston

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 01:07:37 pm »
Yep I deleted the materials and textures from french hats and reimported them into mmaterials.

https://i.imgur.com/8iYtHHu.png

https://i.imgur.com/QCF0kZY.jpg

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 01:16:31 pm »
Shoot I mean did you also then add the textures to mmtextures not mmmaterials, that was my bad if you added the textures to mmmaterials. A blank invisible item means atleast the item name cannot be found, did you save openBRF?

Offline Chapston

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 01:51:06 pm »
Shoot I mean did you also then add the textures to mmtextures not mmmaterials, that was my bad if you added the textures to mmmaterials. A blank invisible item means atleast the item name cannot be found, did you save openBRF?

Sorry it is still not working. I had another issue before the hat disappeared, where my model was in game but textured white with brown areas. I am not sure what I did to make it vanish, but I might try making a new model and working from there again. -Using your new lovely guide for a bit of help in module.ini
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:56:10 pm by Chapston »

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 07:41:32 pm »
The model for the shako is not being picked up in Open Brf. Make sure you naming convention for the shako is correct in mmfrench_hats.brf. That is the most common reason that a mesh will not show up in game.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:47:30 pm by Blitz_craig »