Author Topic: 111e Régiment de Hussards [NA]  (Read 21752 times)

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
111e Régiment de Hussards [NA]
« on: July 09, 2014, 07:02:29 pm »
"The French cavalry was, on the whole, poorly mounted and poorly equipped; its men were awkward horsemen. Yet it outclassed its opponents simply because, when order rang out and trumpets clarioned 'Charge !' it put in its spurs and charged all out, charged home !"
Archduke Charles comander-in-chief of the Austrian army

111e Hussars Introduction

Hello! the 111e Hussars are a new and growing semi-dedicated french hussar regiment. We are both skilled in cavalry and infantry and we always try to do our best in events. We will go cavalry whenever we can in events, although sometimes we may have to go line or not attend, we take a vote before on if we should stay of not. We are always looking for fresh meat and anyone who is willing to take up the arts of cavalry and actual skill based regimental gameplay. If you are looking to enlist, or just want to come to feel free to add me on Steam

111e Hussars History

It was created as the hussards Colonel Général on 31 July 1783 for the Duke of Chartres, by taking one squadron from each of the Bercheny, Chamborant, Conflans and Esterhazy regiments of hussars. On 30 May 1788 it was reinforced by a contingent of soldiers taken from the régiment de Quercy, régiment de Septimanie, régiment de Nassau, régiment de La Marck, régiment de Franche-Comté and régiment des Évéchés, all then cavalry units.
The hussars played a prominent role as cavalry in the Napoleonic Wars (1796–1815). As light cavalrymen mounted on fast horses, they would be used to fight skirmish battles and for scouting. Most of the great European powers raised hussar regiments. The armies of France, Austria, Prussia, and Russia had included hussar regiments since the mid-18th century. In the case of Britain four light dragoon regiments were converted to hussars in 1806–1807.
Hussars were notoriously impetuous, and Napoleon was quoted as stating that he would be surprised for a hussar to live beyond the age of 30 due to their tendency to become reckless in battle, exposing their weaknesses in frontal assaults. The hussars of Napoleon created the tradition of sabrage, the opening of a champagne bottle with a sabre. Moustaches were universally worn by Napoleonic period hussars, the British hussars were the only moustachioed troops in the British Army—leading to their being taunted as being "foreigners" at times. French hussars also wore cadenettes, braids of hair hanging either side of the face, until the practice was officially proscribed when shorter hair became universal.

Some information on Hussar Uniforms
The uniform of the Napoleonic hussars included the pelisse: a short fur edged jacket which was often worn slung over one shoulder in the style of a cape, and was fastened with a cord. This garment was extensively adorned with braiding (often gold or silver for officers) and several rows of multiple buttons. Under it was worn the dolman or tunic which was also decorated in braid.
On active service the hussar normally wore reinforced breeches which had leather on the inside of the leg to prevent them from wearing due to the extensive time spent in the saddle. On the outside of such breeches, running up the outside was a row of buttons, and sometimes a stripe in a different colour. A shako or fur kolpac (busby) was worn as headwear. The colours of dolman, pelisse and breeches varied greatly by regiment, even within the same army.
The French hussar of the Napoleonic period was armed with a brass hilted sabre, a carbine and sometimes with a brace of pistols, although these were often unavailable. The British hussar was armed, in addition to his firearms, with the 1796 pattern light cavalry sabre.
A famous military commander in Bonaparte's army who began his military career as a hussar was Marshal Ney, who after being employed as a clerk in an iron works joined the 5th Hussars in 1787. He rose through the ranks of the hussars in the wars of Belgium and the Rhineland (1794–1798) fighting against the forces of Austria and Prussia before receiving his marshal's baton in 1804 after the Emperor Napoleon's coronation.

111e Ranks

Officiers

Capitaine - Cpt

Lieutenant - Lt

Sous-Lieutenant - SLt

Sous-officiers

Adjundant Chef [AdjC]

Adjundant [Adj]

Sergente [Sgt]

Corporal [Cpl]
Enlisted
Brigadier Forrier [BrgFo]

Brigadier [Brg]

Cavalier [Cvl]

Soldat [Sdt]

Enlisting

Enlisting in the 111e Hussars is a very simple process, all you have to do is add me on steam and we can talk.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:31:04 pm by Thomas Clegane »

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
111e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne [NA]
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:02:49 pm »
res
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:30:50 pm by Thomas Clegane »

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Beech
Re: 19e Régiment d'Artillerie [NA]
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:03:37 pm »
Good luck

Offline Rune

• Brigadier General
  • <01:02:56> "[Louis] lou": i retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: runal
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:06:58 pm »
Good luck :)

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:11:16 pm »
Confirmed Al Qaeda front. Don't trust
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 07:20:39 pm »
Good luck
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:18:13 pm by PineappleEmperor »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 07:59:06 pm »
19e be like.

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 08:07:09 pm »
Thank's guys. I PMed a few people so we should be in action starting this weekend  8)

Offline Lawrence

• Major
  • 1ere Cadet | Former Founder of 3rd East Kent (NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lawrence
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 08:11:26 pm »
good luck from 28th!

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »
Gud luk.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 01:02:04 am »
Good luck!

Offline Saga

• Major General
  • Patiently waiting for BCOF since 2012.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 01:58:37 am »
Best of luck!

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 02:05:09 am »
Danke to all.

Offline Antoine de Lasalle

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 02:14:26 am »
Good luck.

19e

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 02:37:03 am »
Good luck
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.